Map shows Nassau, list of port says Grand Turk

Sailingpeace

For the Jan 31st cruise on Carribean Princess, the map shows that we are going to Nassau but the list of ports mentions Grand Turk. All other stops are the same, map and list. I trust the list more than the map, as excursions are offered for Grand Turk. It has been like that for quite a while, I am curious as why it is not beeing corrected. Is it something that happens often? I wanted to send the map version of the itinerary to friends and noticed the change of plans from list to picture.

Edited by Sailingpeace

Booked our cruise in July thinking one of our ports was Grand Turk, but then it was changed to Nassau. Itinerary showed change to Nassau, but map showed Grand Turk until the day we sailed. We received an email at some point telling us the itinerary had changed. I would be elated if Nassau stop was changed... to anywhere else!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the Jan 31st cruise on Carribean Princess, the map shows that we are going to Nassau but the list of ports mentions Grand Turk.

Princess web site does not show a Jan.31 CB cruise going to either port which puzzles me as the 2014-2015 Cruise Atlas does show it going to Grand Turk on an Eastern Caribbean Getaway. The web site lists a 7 day cruise to the western Caribbean.

However, the itinerary the ship takes sometimes goes to Grand Turk and other times substitutes Nassau. The Cruise Atlas has a symbol indicating which port will be on a particular voyage.

Princess uses the same map for both versions of the itinerary, so believe the text with the list of ports, not the map.

Princess web site does not show a Jan.31 CB cruise going to either port which puzzles me as the 2014-2015 Cruise Atlas does show it going to Grand Turk on an Eastern Caribbean Getaway. The web site lists a 7 day cruise to the western Caribbean.

However, the itinerary the ship takes sometimes goes to Grand Turk and other times substitutes Nassau. The Cruise Atlas has a symbol indicating which port will be on a particular voyage.

Princess uses the same map for both versions of the itinerary, so believe the text with the list of ports, not the map.

It is voyage B508B. So a B2B and the Nassau/Grand Turk would be on the second part.

I tried to copy and paste here the web site page where it is shown... I guess I have to learn how to do that. ( I am sure there is an instructive post about that on CC and I will start my search in a few minutes. :-)

Edited by Sailingpeace

It is voyage B508B. So a B2B and the Nassau/Grand Turk would be on the second part.

I tried to copy and paste here the web site page where it is shown... I guess I have to learn how to do that. ( I am sure there is an instructive post about that on CC and I will start my search in a few minutes. :-)

So I am looking at the second segment which starts Feb. 7 and I see Grand Turk is the port on Feb. 12.

Map for the 14 day b2b is CEW14Alg.jpg

Map for the 7 day second segment does show Grand Turk

CEG070lg.jpg

Thank you Caribill for pointing out the difference in the two maps. I had not taught about looking at the two separate itineraries. Interesting that Nassau is mentionned on the map, but not on the route line.

You sure don't need the posting pictures 101 I will look for... :)

Princess sometimes will use the same map for multiple cruises, where most of the cruises will visit the set of ports shown on the map, but the occasional cruise will visit a different port than what's shown on the map. I'm guessing their just lazy and don't want to take the time to generate the route map for the odd one-off cruises. (My panama canal cruise this december shows grand cayman on the map, original was listed for princess cays, and was changed to nassau, all while still showing the same map). Trust what the itinrary listing says.