Upgrade from a RFS after paid in Full ?

have a RFS on Vision booked for an upcoming October cruise......also have seen many cabin category price drops for the sailing.

if price drops on an Owners Suite or Royal Suite equal to what i paid for the RFS can we be upgraded ?

or am i just dreaming and should forget about it as it will never happen and be content with the RFS even though it has a small balcony but does have 2 bathrooms which makes her happy....:)

btw on C & A i do have the Automatic Upgrade feature on

thanks i await all responses

have a RFS on Vision booked for an upcoming October cruise......also have seen many cabin category price drops for the sailing.

if price drops on an Owners Suite or Royal Suite equal to what i paid for the RFS can we be upgraded ?

or am i just dreaming and should forget about it as it will never happen and be content with the RFS even though it has a small balcony but does have 2 bathrooms which makes her happy....:)

btw on C & A i do have the Automatic Upgrade feature on

thanks i await all responses

dont think those other suites hold more than 4

I didn't think that going from the Royal Family Suite to an Grand/Owner's Suite would be an upgrade. I had envisioned that a RFS was more premium than a GS/OS.

per the RCL site.....in descending order....RS/OS/RFS/GS/JS

Edited by 2004corvette

I would guess that if you are paid in full there is no upgrade available, otherwise if not you can make changes. Isn't this true?

You can upgrade if you are paid in full, however I'm with Marc in not knowing if the RFS to a GS is an upgrade.

according to cost on RCL site....Royal Suites and Owner Suites are more costly than RFS....

"actually i am thinking if it is not broke do not try and fix it" and be content with the RFS for the price i paid in full....:eek:

thanks for the responses ~ cheers to all....:)

Edited by 2004corvette

according to cost on RCL site....Royal Suites and Owner Suites are more costly than RFS....

"actually i am thinking if it is not broke do not try and fix it" and be content with the RFS for the price i paid in full....:eek:

thanks for the responses ~ cheers to all....:)

I phone call to Royal would tell you if an upgrade is possible.

In general, upgrading isn't necessarily based on cost. I've been on a cruise when balcony cabins were cheaper than Promenade (inside) cabins. They allowed that upgrade, even though the listed price ended up being less. (I didn't get a refund, but I did get the upgrade for free.)

Now, if you look at this deck plan page (Vision of the Seas' deck 8), I do see that they list the suites in this order on the page:

• Royal Suite
  • Owner's Suite
  • Royal Family Suite
  • Grand Suite
  • Accessible Junior Suite
  • Junior Suite

One might be able to argue successfully that Royal Caribbean is listing them in a premium order, and that an Owner's Suite would be considered an upgrade to a Royal Family Suite. (The fact that the Owner's Suite has more square footage also would lead me to believe this to be true.)

Edited by Daghis