Azura Glass house

fue-fue

I am not a fan of risotto and never normally order it. But there was a mushroom risotto starter in the main restaurant one night. I tried it and loved it. A few days later I was delighted to find it as a main course in the Glass House. Totally yummy!

Burger is good too. Not to mention the wine flights! I'm sure you will love the food.

You only pay for what you want to eat and there are no reservations as it is a bar which serves food. In fact you can go in there for a drink if you want. There is food available from lunchtime through to mid evening. Try the small plates, they are excellent value for money, IMO

ps - never been on Azura but if it is anything like the Glasshouse on Ventura then :):):)

You only pay for what you want to eat and there are no reservations as it is a bar which serves food. In fact you can go in there for a drink if you want. There is food available from lunchtime through to mid evening. Try the small plates, they are excellent value for money, IMO

ps - never been on Azura but if it is anything like the Glasshouse on Ventura then :):):)

I concur. :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is a lovely cool, calm atmosphere in the Glasshouse on Azura and we love the décor. It our go-to bar after a day ashore and it just relaxes us after a busy day sightseeing. We also love it for lunch on sea days and as others have said I would recommend the tapas dishes (3 for about £5) and my OH says the burger is the best he's ever tasted. The wine list is amazing and I can particularly recommend the Peller Ice if you like a sparkling wine. The food surcharges are very low and the wine reasonable.

You should go down to the Glass House to book for the supper club as it's not advertised. It's a set menu in the Glass House where the maître d' explains the food and wine choices and it's a great sociable night. Last time we were there Olly Smith was also on board so it was fab!

Hi Fue-Fue

Have to agree with all the previous posts and in particular Tartanexile81, the Peller Ice Wine is my favourite Tipple and having done the taster Dining on every cruise would recommend it in preference to the Select a Dining Venues. It is held for a limited number at tables of four and is normally fully booked so enquire early if you are interested it is well worth the cover charge. I do hope you enjoy your cruise.

I'm not quite as positive about the Glass House decor and furnishings as others are. I found some of the seats uncomfortable, and if you were eating you had to be able to find a standard-height table - eating from a low-height table wasn't that comfortable. (Perfectly fine if you were just drinking, however.) On one occasion we picked a table where I was immediately under an a/c blower and I got quite cold.

That said, it wasn't horrible, we were able to find places that we were happy with, and the wine and food were great. We ate several times in there in the summer, and went there just for a drink several more times. That and The Planet Bar became our usual haunts.

Agree with all that has been said, particularly the one about uncomfortable seats! We found a table for two on the edge by the window was best for us. Shame there aren't more seats with high tables, but we love everything else about it and are looking forward to eating there again next May.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree with all that has been said, particularly the one about uncomfortable seats! We found a table for two on the edge by the window was best for us. Shame there aren't more seats with high tables, but we love everything else about it and are looking forward to eating there again next May.

Agree on all counts! Which cruise are you on in May next year ? we are on A510N to the med - haven't started a roll call yet....

There is a lovely cool, calm atmosphere in the Glasshouse on Azura and we love the décor. It our go-to bar after a day ashore and it just relaxes us after a busy day sightseeing. We also love it for lunch on sea days and as others have said I would recommend the tapas dishes (3 for about £5) and my OH says the burger is the best he's ever tasted. The wine list is amazing and I can particularly recommend the Peller Ice if you like a sparkling wine. The food surcharges are very low and the wine reasonable.

You should go down to the Glass House to book for the supper club as it's not advertised. It's a set menu in the Glass House where the maître d' explains the food and wine choices and it's a great sociable night. Last time we were there Olly Smith was also on board so it was fab!

Another vote for the Supper Club, excellent evening.

Mysticalmother, we are on the same cruise then! There are some names on the Cruise Club forum roll call, including us. Keep in touch! It all helps with the cruise bug treatment!

Lovely to hear you are all going to have fun! We are possibly in the old fogey category.....we are both in our early 60s.....and just the two of us cruising so it will be good to know someone else, hopefully we will meet up? This app says I can send you a friend request, so I will do that if that's ok?