Adding credit to your cabin pre cruise

newparents

Easy: Log onto your online reservations. Say your balance is $1000, and you need to pay it by November 1st. Pay $1500 instead. Now you have a $500 balance.

Some people like to pay $100 (or whatever amount) each month. They won't stop taking your money just because you've already paid in full. It's an odd way of "saving for vacation".

I personally agree with the poster who says, "WHY?" You are giving a big corporation an interest-free loan.

However, I'm thinking of my friend whose husband nit-picks and worries over every purchase . . . she likes doing this because then he knows he has X amount every day to spend on drinks, etc., and -- for their family -- it makes for a less stressful vacation.

On the other hand...some people aren't comfortable carrying large sums of cash so having it safe and sound waiting on the ship for us is comforting.

One avoids waiting in line at Guest Services to set up the on board account.

My chequing account doesn't pay any interest, so I'm not losing anything by pre-paying my on-board account. As long as I get a receipt for the deposit, nothing to lose.

I'm all for pre-paying my cash account and love doing it. It each her own!!

:D:D

Hi folks, anyone have any idea how to go about adding on board credit to an account pre cruise??

Thankyou :)

As you are in the UK then try calling this number at RCCL UK to add OBC to your account -

01932 834 243

Not sure if they changed it when things changed at the UK office but I am sure if there is a new number then you will be given it when you call.

Easy: Log onto your online reservations. Say your balance is $1000, and you need to pay it by November 1st. Pay $1500 instead. Now you have a $500 balance.

Some people like to pay $100 (or whatever amount) each month. They won't stop taking your money just because you've already paid in full. It's an odd way of "saving for vacation".

I personally agree with the poster who says, "WHY?" You are giving a big corporation an interest-free loan.

However, I'm thinking of my friend whose husband nit-picks and worries over every purchase . . . she likes doing this because then he knows he has X amount every day to spend on drinks, etc., and -- for their family -- it makes for a less stressful vacation.

If you overpay your balance due (which I did by error) they will automatically refund it to you (which they did for me) unless you call and try to get them to keep it, and they may not.