New View of Cape Liberty.

boscobeans

• 2 weeks later...
They have graded the dirt lot and seem to be using it for worker parking now. There seems to be a lot of clean up going on around the terminal, in preparation for sidewalk and roadway work.

http://oxblue.com/open/FitzpatrickNJ/CapeLiberty

Eric

I saw them parking over there today as well. I'm not completely sure if it was workers or not though. With today being 9/11 they may have had stuff happening at the monument and used it as over flow parking. The monument has a rather small lot. We'll have to see if cars are parked in there again tomorrow to know for sure.

I saw them parking over there today as well. I'm not completely sure if it was workers or not though. With today being 9/11 they may have had stuff happening at the monument and used it as over flow parking. The monument has a rather small lot. We'll have to see if cars are parked in there again tomorrow to know for sure.

Excellent analysis. You are correct!

:)

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yep, stuck again since 8:30 EST.

I hear that they will start paving this weekend for the new roads. I was just there a little while ago so look for the new roads and drop off and pick up areas

Looking to Nov 18 3 day cruise

Bill from Bayonne,NJ

If you compare this terminal's progress with the progress of the new one in Port Canaveral it makes Bayonne's project look pathetic.

Where is the parking garage??? Yes, I've read posts that says it is BEING built back behind the trailers….don't see it and it's a little late.

Bayonne needs to take a lesson from Port Canaveral.

Take a deep breath and relax. The Port Liberty Terminal construction didn't start until early May. It will be open on time. The parking garage should go up quickly as they are usually built from pre-cast sections. The terminal will be rerady, even if the garage is not, when Quantum arrives. It is all good.

• 2 weeks later...

Good point. From the press releases I have seen, it looks like the parking structure will be completed in 2015.

In the mean time, there are still covered roof structures to install along the building sidewalks and bus unloading area. The renderings show the stretched canvas (Ok polyethylene) fabric on top of metal frames.

Eric

If you compare this terminal's progress with the progress of the new one in Port Canaveral it makes Bayonne's project look pathetic.

Where is the parking garage??? Yes, I've read posts that says it is BEING built back behind the trailers….don't see it and it's a little late.

Bayonne needs to take a lesson from Port Canaveral.

Do you really care what a terminal looks like? We just need an efficient experience, the vacation is on the ship, not in the port.

Do you really care what a terminal looks like? We just need an efficient experience, the vacation is on the ship, not in the port.

Well said - the vacation is on the ship. Also, anything is much better than the old hangers used for the last 10 or so years. I saw the new terminal last week for our Explorer cruise and yes it is not the best, but will be a much improved embarking experience.