Breeze Spa Balcony with 2 adults 3 small children? PVP says No!

Aviendah

We are going to book our Breeze cruise today. I just talked to the PVP about our friends booking a Spa Balcony room on the the S Deck beside us and he said that they couldn't. They have to book a deluxe ocean view room that holds 5 people due to the number life jackets which would be on the lower decks.

Now I certainly understand safety, but this is the first cruise for my friend and I really wanted her to have the balcony experience. Their youngest is 5 and can easily sleep with his brother in a twin bed or with the parents.

Is there no way they can have a spa balcony room? The kids are 5, 6 and 8. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Since we are bringing our families with us, we will have 4 in each of the other rooms so keeping one of the kids with us won't work. We will be booking 3 rooms for 4, 4 and 5 with children.

We talked about booking an interior room across from a balcony but that raises the rate by about almost 2K!

most newer ships only accomadate 4 people max

the older ships can do 5 in a cabin with a rollaway or a trundle.

why does it need to be a spa room?

Its not like you are going to be hanging out in the room.

the higher you go the more you pay.

even for an inside room

book a kid and an adult in a 1 a-- cheapest inside cabin.

book it as a guarantee-- and use it for storage and an extra shower room

is your friend aware these rooms have no tubs?

Edited by serene56

No matter how many CAN sleep in one bed, there must be a designated bed for each occupant..

With kids that small, I wouldn't put them across the hall....I'd rather have 2 connecting (not adjoining!) cabins.

There is so much outside space, a balcony (especially with kids) isn't a "must"....

So we just went through our options and it looks like a regular balcony room (not spa) booked with an inside room will be $1150 more than just booking the ocean view room. They are debating if it's worth the price increase to have a balcony.

So we just went through our options and it looks like a regular balcony room (not spa) booked with an inside room will be $1150 more than just booking the ocean view room. They are debating if it's worth the price increase to have a balcony.

The kids are old enough to be in an OV. If they were small or babies needing naps, I'd say no to the OV.

If this is there first cruise and if they don't mind a deluxe ocean view I would go for that. I would not want them to stress about it. If you are getting a balcony they could visit. What ever they decide you guys have a great time planning.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by siestakeys04

Since we are bringing our families with us, we will have 4 in each of the other rooms so keeping one of the kids with us won't work. We will be booking 3 rooms for 4, 4 and 5 with children.

We talked about booking an interior room across from a balcony but that raises the rate by about almost 2K!

Have you played with the arrangement ? Can you book a balcony for less people and an inside with a higher capacity ? Possibly move the cabin for 5 into 2 insides (2/3). We booked our family of 10 into 3 spa cabins (1 balcony and 2 inside quads ) and it was cheaper than 2 ocean view rooms for 5.

It has nothing to do with berths but seats in the lifeboats.

The ship can have berth space but if they are at lifeboat capacity they cannot fill those berths.

At each lifeboat station there is a placard with total number available and total number of pax.

It has nothing to do with berths but seats in the lifeboats.

The ship can have berth space but if they are at lifeboat capacity they cannot fill those berths.

At each lifeboat station there is a placard with total number available and total number of pax.

This case has everything to do with berths. There are no Spa Balcony cabins that sleep 5. If there was a Spa Balcony that slept 5 the OPs friend could book it. There aren't - they sleep 4. Cruiselines don't let you over book a cabin with more people than berths.

Why not just let them book the oceanview for 5 and then have them come up and enjoy your balcony with you. As new cruisers, they are probably going to be more interested in what's happening on the ship (and with 3 kids, my guess the waterslides, the pools, etc as well) that there may not be a lot of just sitting and enjoying the water view.

This case has everything to do with berths. There are no Spa Balcony cabins that sleep 5. If there was a Spa Balcony that slept 5 the OPs friend could book it. There aren't - they sleep 4. Cruiselines don't let you over book a cabin with more people than berths.

Why not just let them book the oceanview for 5 and then have them come up and enjoy your balcony with you. As new cruisers, they are probably going to be more interested in what's happening on the ship (and with 3 kids, my guess the waterslides, the pools, etc as well) that there may not be a lot of just sitting and enjoying the water view.

Exactly correct! and exactly what I was thinking as I was reading through. The cruiseline will not allow anyone to overbook a stateroom just because there is room on the lifeboat. In unbelievably extreme rare cases, the ship could be overbooked with crew (highly unlikely), and they wouldn't be able to fill every berth in every room, and you would be the only one that's out of luck, not being allowed to fill every berth in your room. But this would be so extremely rare, that it's not even worth bringing up.

I agree with you that they should book the OV for 5, saving the money. I know that on my first several cruises, I was running around the whole ship so much, that I don't even remember what my stateroom looked like. I was only in there to sleep, shower, & change clothes. I'm still pretty much like that. For their 1st cruise, they'll be enjoying all the ship has to offer so much, they won't miss the balcony. They'll be enjoying the gigantic balconies all around the outside public decks of the ship.

Edited by k2excursion

I was addressing the reason why won't Carnival let the child being booked to 'bunk in' with the parents.

If they were sailing a ship built before 2000 they would be allowed to do this. It's allowed on the Fantasy class ships and a few others.

Exactly correct! and exactly what I was thinking as I was reading through. The cruiseline will not allow anyone to overbook a stateroom just because there is room on the lifeboat. In unbelievably extreme rare cases, the ship could be overbooked with crew (highly unlikely), and they wouldn't be able to fill every berth in every room, and you would be the only one that's out of luck, not being allowed to fill every berth in your room. But this would be so extremely rare, that it's not even worth bringing up.

I agree with you that they should book the OV for 5, saving the money. I know that on my first several cruises, I was running around the whole ship so much, that I don't even remember what my stateroom looked like. I was only in there to sleep, shower, & change clothes. I'm still pretty much like that. For their 1st cruise, they'll be enjoying all the ship has to offer so much, they won't miss the balcony. They'll be enjoying the gigantic balconies all around the outside public decks of the ship.

As long as the ship is being used as intended, a cruise ship, it will never be out of space on the lifeboats. If you ever look at the specs, there is significantly more space on the lifeboats than maximum passenger and crew capacity. They are required to have excess lifeboat capacity in case some lifeboats are unusable during an emergency.

I won't speculate as to exactly why Carnival will not budge on the occupancy limits, but I'm sure there is a good reason. Either revenue, regulatory, safety or some combination.

The only time we book a suit it was for three passengers. We wanted to add a fourth with a rollaway bed and was told no. The bed would have fit easily in the cabin with room to spare.

With five in the cabin the deluxe ocean view with the extra bathroom would be better. It is 220 sq ft while balcony cabins are only 185 sq ft.

Hmm...they got cabin 1415 which looks to be a "6N" and I am having trouble finding the square footage. Seems to be smaller but does have the extra washroom.

Update **

Category 6N - Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom

Decks: Deck 1

Occupancy: Sleeps 5 guests

Description: Deluxe Ocean View staterooms are ideal for families. Rooms in this category feature a separate washroom - in addition to the full bathroom - and while stateroom configurations vary, certain Deluxe Ocean View rooms sleep up to five. Staterooms feature two twin beds that convert to a king-sized bed, 3 closets, and a full bathroom with shower. A privacy curtain separates the room, which also includes two upper Pullman style bunk beds, a sofa bed, and separate washroom with sink and junior tub. A picture window lends itself to spectacular views. There is also a seating area with sofa, coffee table, and desk. All staterooms are equipped with television, telephone, hairdryer, bathrobes, 24-hour room service, mini bar, individual climate control and personal safe.

Twin beds do not convert to a king bed when both uppers are in use.

Square Footage: 230 sq ft

Edited by Aviendah

Hmm...they got cabin 1415 which looks to be a "6N" and I am having trouble finding the square footage. Seems to be smaller but does have the extra washroom.

1415 6N 230 sq ft

Beds: two twins (convert to king)-single sofa bed-two uppers

View: window

Bathrooms (2): shower-toilet-sink / junior tub-sink