Cats finally ready to book; guess not

montlee

I was finally directed to the site to book for Cats on my 11/22 cruise. It was only offered the first two days. I picked a day, entered it into the cart, picked the number of tickets I wanted, but the day/time option arrows didn't work. When I hit NEXT, it stated "no offerings found". Here we go again!

I was finally directed to the site to book for Cats on my 11/22 cruise. It was only offered the first two days. I picked a day, entered it into the cart, picked the number of tickets I wanted, but the day/time option arrows didn't work. When I hit NEXT, it stated "no offerings found". Here we go again!

What ship is Cats on?

You'll be more entertained watching the waves go by than watching "Cats"!

BWAHAHA!

I was afraid to say just that.

I am so sad to hear that Hairspray has left Oasis!

That show was great and had a lot of talented performers.:(

I love cats....real ones ..but have never ever been excited about the play....hopefully RCI will change my opinion.

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

BWAHAHA!

I was afraid to say just that.

I am so sad to hear that Hairspray has left Oasis!

That show was great and had a lot of talented performers.:(

I love cats....real ones ..but have never ever been excited about the play....hopefully RCI will change my opinion.

Agree! Hairspray is a great show and I know Oasis wanted a change.

BUT

Out of the 100s of shows that have played Broadway - Why "Cats"?

My experience was the same. Definitely not quite ready for Prime Time!

Agree! Hairspray is a great show and I know Oasis wanted a change.

BUT

Out of the 100s of shows that have played Broadway - Why "Cats"?

I thinks Cats might be less expensive to purchase.

It might be cheaper to produce also than Hairspray. Hairspray had a lot of very talented individual vocals.

Cats has mostly a bunch of people dancing about in creepy cat costumes. :D

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

While I am a fan of the Broadway play Cats, I must agree with most here that it is going to be hard to pull that one off on a cruise ship. It is a fairly slow-moving story line, but it's the visuals and great original music that made it a hit for many years. Even if Royal can pull off the set, costuming and actors/singers, it is definitely not "upbeat"

Royal really surprised me at how good they did Hairspray on Oasis. Loved it!

When is RCI going to get all the kinks out of there reservation system... my 10 year old neice could do a better job running the IT department than whatever team of people they have there now... INSANITY!!

I love that they update your Cruise Planner to include CATS and you can't even book it... Can't even see what dates/times, just that it's there... running time 2 1/2 hours, that's all is see...

While I am a fan of the Broadway play Cats, I must agree with most here that it is going to be hard to pull that one off on a cruise ship. It is a fairly slow-moving story line, but it's the visuals and great original music that made it a hit for many years. Even if Royal can pull off the set, costuming and actors/singers, it is definitely not "upbeat"

Royal really surprised me at how good they did Hairspray on Oasis. Loved it!

I love CATS because of the costumes and the choreography, but it's definitely not a show that has the same broad appeal as a more upbeat musical.

My one concern is that they are showing a full-length show on the planner, which is 2 & 1/2 hours. I'm not sure how well something that length is going to translate to a ship production. I expect the talent to be top-notch, and I have no reason to believe Royal Caribbean won't do a great job with the costumes as well.

I just booked CATS for the November 15th Eastern sailing. There were only two show times to choose from, at least for my cruise. The first show is Saturday the 15th at 8:45, and the other one is Sunday (Nassau day) at 2:30. I had held Saturday night open since that's where I originally had Hairspray, so it worked out nicely for me, but others may have some scheduling work to do.

I was able to book it for the November 29th cruise...sort of. I got the e-mail stating I have my reservation, but so far I have not been able to complete the check out.

Correction, I just got a confirmation.

Nope, the confirmation says my order was cancelled!!! Here we go again.

Edited by luv2zdworld

Interesting, 2 shows X 1400 seating ='s 2800 pax. Only half, someone will be left out of the mix:eek:. I would not be surprised if they have to add another time slot or 2. Everyone should be able to see the show if they want

Maybe they have been reading the reaction of Cruise Critic posters to Cats, and figure two shows are enough?;)