Pool/Beach towels?

jb456

Are pool towels provided by Princess or should we pack our own to use on the boat and at ports?

Thank you!

We have seen towels that were available at the pools and there are towels (blue striped) in most rooms. However, it might be wise to bring your own for use at ports and on private excursions. This is just my opinion. With it and $.50 you can get a Sr. Coffee at MickyD's. :D

Are pool towels provided by Princess or should we pack our own to use on the boat and at ports?

Thank you!

Leave your beach towels at home - Usually there are a couple in your cabin and at the pools. You can also take them along on excursions, they just ask that you bring them back with you.;)

The last thing I want to have to pack in my suitcase is a beach towel.

They've got plenty both in your cabin and at the main pool. :D

I agree with you. Plus leaves more room in your suitcase for important thing like another pair or two of shoes. :D

Marion

Thank you!

My 2cents...from a safety standpoint. Cruise line towels are a very clear indicator to those that prey on tourists. Same could be said about wearing Aloha shirts or clothing that is not appropriate to the country you are visiting. Do I use the towels and wear loud Aloha shirts? Yes, but I tend to be wary of locals that seem overly friendly or acting in an aggressive manner, as I may have been "marked" by my towel or dress.

No need to take your own towels. The cabin steward will make sure you have clean ones. You can take them in port, just bring them back. There are towels by the pool although sometimes in the afternoon they can be a little hard to come by.

I was just thinking about this because I wanted to go to the beach in Fort Lauderdale before we boarded the ship the next day - but we will need towels!! But I don't want to bring them...so maybe we will rethink the beach time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just thinking about this because I wanted to go to the beach in Fort Lauderdale before we boarded the ship the next day - but we will need towels!! But I don't want to bring them...so maybe we will rethink the beach time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is likely that your hotel will have pool towels that you can borrow.

My 2cents...from a safety standpoint. Cruise line towels are a very clear indicator to those that prey on tourists. Same could be said about wearing Aloha shirts or clothing that is not appropriate to the country you are visiting. Do I use the towels and wear loud Aloha shirts? Yes, but I tend to be wary of locals that seem overly friendly or acting in an aggressive manner, as I may have been "marked" by my towel or dress.

Add to the list a camera, taxi or bus ride, sight seeing on a tour and the fact that everyone who lives on the island is working when ships are in port while you are shopping or sitting at the beach

Edited by Iamcruzin

Add to the list a camera, taxi or bus ride, sight seeing on a tour and the fact that everyone who lives on the island is working when ships are in port while you are shopping or sitting at the beach

I don't know why people think that they will blend in with the locals on any island. We all stand out like a sore thumb no matter how we dress or act and not having a towel make no difference at all to a thief.

I don't know why people think that they will blend in with the locals on any island. We all stand out like a sore thumb no matter how we dress or act and not having a towel makes no difference at all to a thief.

How true! Let's face it: We look like tourist with or without a towel from the ship! :D

LuLu

but if you go on a Hawaiian cruise, wearing an aloha shirt while in port would actually make you blend in.

We just came back from a Princess cruise. Not to worry - plenty of towels, don't need a cruise card to get them either like Royal Caribbean. When we arrived the beach towels were under the sink in the bathroom. The room attendant will get you more if needed. There are bins all over the pool areas to put your wet towels. They even have bins when you enter the ship from port. For more hints in packing here is a link..

http://travelistasink.com/2014/09/04/how-to-pack-what-you-need-and-come-in-under-50-pounds/

Thank you!