Celebrity Silhouette Review: Mediterranean Cruise of Awesomeness 8/24/14

kmpjdd

Background:

We are a married couple in our early 30’s. This is our fourth cruise together, we have taken 2 cruises out of Puerto Rico on Royal Caribbean and 1 cruise to Alaska on Princess. We choose our trips based on the itinerary and the ship, we don’t feel tied to any cruiseline. This is our first time trying Celebrity, I will include our thoughts on Celebrity at the end of the review (preview: we LOVED it!). We sailed on the 7-day round trip out of Venice on the Silhouette. Sorry this review is so long and wordy, but I do like to include a lot of information that I was wondering about when we planned our trip in order to help people in the future.

Pre-cruise:

We had an afternoon Lufthansa flight from Houston to Frankfurt, then a 4-hour layover and then a connecting flight from Frankfurt to Venice. We arrived in Venice around 2 pm. We would highly recommend Lufthansa for anyone traveling to Europe from the U.S. – they have nice airplanes (especially the A380), good service, and Frankfurt is a good airport to connect through. After we got our luggage, I tried to use the ticket machine in the baggage claim area to get our ATVO tickets to Piazzale Roma. I wanted to travel on the ATVO because they offer the underneath storage for your baggage and you don’t have to take it onto the bus. Well I was very jet-lagged and had a really hard time figuring out the tickets on the automated machine. I would suggest to anyone wanting to take the ATVO bus to get your baggage and then go out the door into the non-secure area (where everyone waits to meet their families), there is a ticket counter there with actual people to help you out and it would have been a lot easier for me to do that then try to figure out the machine. Then you walk outside to wait for the bus. There is a terminal where the bus picks you up where you can also purchase tickets (if say the line at the ticket counter is too long for your liking) and there is also a machine to validate your ticket before you get on the bus. The bus ride was uneventful and dropped us off in Piazzale Roma. We had a short walk to our hotel (only one bridge to walk over), the Hotel Arlecchino.

I chose Hotel Arlecchino because of its easy access to both Piazzale Roma bus station and the cruise terminal and it did not disappoint in that regard. However, I was disappointed in our room. We paid 189 Euro for one night in their most basic room category. We ended up in some weird attic annex, you could take up the elevator but then you had to go down a hall and up another half flight of stairs to the room. The room was small, but the bathroom was very small. I could not stand up straight in the shower, and I am 5’6” tall. My husband, who is 6’4”, had an even harder time in the shower. It was bad enough that when we first saw our room on the cruise ship, it felt huge and the bathroom felt humungous.

After resting for a little bit and washing up, we headed out to enjoy the city. It was relatively easy to walk from Piazzale Roma to the Rialto bridge and Piazza San Marco (maybe 30 minutes?). There are clear markers about 8 feet off of the ground on the sides of the buildings, you just have to get used to looking up to figure out which way to go. So we walked to the Rialto bridge (stopping at a random square for dinner along the way) and then to Piazza San Marco. We took the elevator up in the bell tower (campanile) and enjoyed the view (and watched a cruise ship go through the canal), had some gelato, and then got on a vaporetto (water bus) to go back to our hotel because we were too tired to walk. It is true that they say you have to be careful to validate your tickets in Venice, while we were on the vaporetto a ticket inspector got on and scanned everyone’s tickets to make sure that they were validated. Luckily, we had validated ours correctly, but I think some other people weren’t so lucky. Back to the hotel, and straight to bed.

Cruise Day 1: Embarkation

We got up and ate breakfast in the hotel- Hotel Arlecchino had a very good breakfast, I will give them some points for that. Then we left the hotel and wandered on an opposite path of where we went the day before. I can’t actually remember where we went, we just walked and made it back to the hotel around 10:30 (they had 11 am check out).

We checked out of the hotel at 10:45, walked over one bridge to Piazzale Roma, bought our tickets, and got on the People Mover. I was surprised that the People Mover dropped us off so far from the cruise terminal building. It was a bit of a hike to take all of our luggage all the way to the cruise terminal, and then you have to walk far down the side of the terminal building to the luggage drop off point (there are employees directing you where to go). We got inside and were given the letter “C” and we were allowed to go straight to the check in line. After we made it through the check-in line, we were given a number to wait to board the ship. We only had to wait about 5 minutes for our number to be called. The Venice cruise terminal was not the nicest place, it felt small and it felt hot. In the end, we were on the ship at 11:45 am, exactly one hour after we left our hotel. I was pleased with that because I had been reading some horror stories about the Venice Cruise terminal and lines.

They gave us complimentary champagne when we boarded, then we went straight to the buffet with our carry-ons- it wasn’t super crowded yet. We greatly enjoyed the lunch buffet, we felt like there was a wide variety of good food, and it remained that way throughout the cruise. Our rooms were supposed to be open by 1:15 pm, they made the announcement that they were ready around 1. We went to our room and we loved it! We were booked in a “partially obstructed” balcony, room 6152 (on the starboard side). You could see the lifeboat when you looked down, but there were no davits obscuring your view looking out. The room felt larger than similar rooms we have had with Royal and Princess, partly due to the fact that there was a full size couch in the room instead of just a small loveseat. The room was well appointed with a large bed, with a nicer mattress and sheets than what Royal/Princess offer, as well as good storage and a flat screen TV. The balcony felt larger as well with a nice table and chairs (with reclining backs). The bathroom was amazing for a cruise ship. We loved the larger shower (and also the foot bar to help with shaving legs- men have no idea how hard it is to shave your legs in those little tube-like cruise ship showers!) and the bathroom had amazing storage as well, as well as a real sink and faucet. The location of the room was great because it was right by the forward elevators and stairs. The stairs took us quickly to both the theatre and the main dining room. After exploring our room, we took our time to explore the rest of the ship.

We did NOT have the beverage package for this trip. We booked onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise in the spring and we got $150 OBC for booking while on a cruise and we got the $200 OBC from the pick-your-perk benefit (instead of the basic beverage package). We are not big drinkers and figured that we could do more things onboard with the credit (dinners, photos, shopping, etc). Unfortunately, only the $150 showed up on our onboard account. We had to visit the guest relations counter twice in order to get the $200, they had to email the Celebrity corporate office (twice) to get it straightened out, even though we had our original booking papers from Celebrity with the info. It was kind of a pain, but luckily it worked out.

We greatly enjoyed the sailaway from Venice. They played classical music over the loudspeakers in the pool area and there were just amazing views of the city. After the sailaway, we got changed and went to dinner. We had the flexible dining time (Celebrity Select Dining). We never made reservations, but we never had a problem getting a table for 2. We went between 6:30 and 7 pm almost every night.

One bad thing happened this night- we got back to our cabin at 10 pm after the show and our toilet wouldn’t flush. We called the steward line for them to send a plumber and 30 min later no one had showed up. We called again and also called the guest relations desk. The guest relations desk called the plumbers and then called us back to say that there was some kind of blockage that was affecting decks 6 and up and they were working on it. They made it seem like the whole ship didn’t have working toilets, we couldn’t sleep because we were so worried that we would wake up in the morning in Venice since none of the toilets were working. Happily, when we woke up the next morning, our toilet worked again! We spoke to our room steward and some other guests about it and no one had any idea what we were talking about so we still have no idea what actually happened, we were just happy everything worked fine from then on.

Cruise Day 2: Kotor, Montenegro

Tender ticket hand out was scheduled for 10:15 am in the Entertainment court. We walked down around 9:50 and people were milling around, around 9:55 they put out the table and the line formed, we were within the first 20 people. Even though the ticket hand out was supposed to start at 10:15, it probably started around 10:05 and the line was super long by then, I was glad we were there so early. We got Tender 12 (I think that they started with Tender 8, so it worked out well for us).

The Cruise Critic meet-up was scheduled for 10:15 am in the Wine Bar. There were 49 people signed up on our roll call but maybe 25 or so attended. Celebrity provided water, coffee, tea, and danishes. The cruise director (Sinan) showed up, as well as several other senior officers who were there to mingle.

We watched the sail in, which was beautiful, mostly from the lounge on Deck 15 because it was drizzling rain. Luckily, the weather cleared up by the time that we arrived. We were supposed to drop anchor around 3, the Captain was early and they started tendering before 3 pm. I was surprised that it was about a 20 minute tender ride to the dock! We walked from the dock into the entrance to the town and then just kind of walked towards the back of the town and we luckily found the entrance to the steps to the fortress. Let me tell you, this was quite a climb. It took us 1 hr to reach the flag at the top of the fortress, then about ½ an hour to climb back down. There were plenty of breaks! It was very hot and not very shaded. The view from the top was very nice, but the climb really exhausted us. Please wear good footwear if you decide to do this- we saw one woman attempting to climb barefoot instead of wearing her strappy flip-flops, that would not be recommended. The steps were steep and narrow, and in many places the steps were broken or the trail was made up of slippery rocks. Also, wear a hat and take plenty of water. Afterwards, we stopped at a café and had a drink before heading back to the ship on the tender for dinner. Tonight they told us to turn back our clocks 1 hour.

Cruise Day 3: At Sea

We accidentally slept in way late (that hike up the mountain must have exhausted us!) and it changed up our plans for the day. We had breakfast and then went on a tour of the galley, a late lunch and then we wanted to go to the pool. The chair hogs were out in full force on this cruise, it was almost impossible to find 2 chairs together that didn’t have towels “reserving” them.

This was our first formal night (the lobster night was second formal night). We had our only towel animal of the cruise this night and well as chocolate covered oreos on our bed (the only chocolates of the cruise left by our stateroom attendant). I included that info because I know it is important to some of you. We went to the Café al Bacio because I wanted to find the box of chocolates that people were talking about on Cruise Critic but I was not able to find them, we had to settle for daily cookies instead, which were actually quite good.

Cruise Day 4: Santorini, Greece

I was really worried about Santorini due to the high number of cruise passengers in port- it was 9000+ because of 3 ships in port, one of the highest numbers of the entire summer. Therefore, we booked the Volcano hike and Hot springs swim through Celebrity so that we wouldn’t have to deal with trying to get an early tender off of the boat. Our group was supposed to leave at 8:30 but we were slightly delayed because people on earlier tenders apparently kept forgetting that they needed their Seapass card to get off of the ship. I was surprised at the large amount of people on this excursion, probably about 125, because at the volcano caldera we split into 5 groups of 25 that each had their own guide. We were given a bottle of water when we disembarked the boat at the caldera, which was a nice extra. We enjoyed the hike, it was nowhere near as strenuous at the Kotor steps, and the guide walked at a nice pace. Afterwards, we boarded the boat again and they took us to the Hot Springs. You had to climb (or jump) off of the boat into the water and then swim a little bit to the hot area (they did not offer life jackets or noodles or anything). You could stand in the water in the hot springs area. A guide was encouraging people to use the mud and rub it into their skin, I wouldn’t recommend this, as my feet were slightly dyed orange just from walking in the mud area. The water in the hot springs area is yellowish, due to the sulfur. We swam back to the ship and were one of the first people back onboard after they blew the whistle to tell everyone to come back. The plan was to change quickly in the bathroom so that we could directly take the cable car up to Fira. Well this plan worked, but we regretted it. The boat’s bathroom was pretty gross, we went in barefoot and it felt slimy, and there were no hooks or anything where you could put your clothes, so my clothes were on the floor of the bathroom too. Later, we noticed bathrooms at the bottom of the cable car, this would probably be a better solution if you are looking to do the same thing.

The shore excursion dropped us off at the pier around noon and gave us cable car tickets. We walked right up to the cable car and got on without waiting, there was absolutely no line at that time. However, there was already a line waiting to come back down when we got to the top. We ate a small lunch at one of the restaurants right outside the cable car, we greatly enjoyed the view. Then we walked around the town for a bit. We went to get in line (around 3?) to get back down the cable car, but the line was huge and everyone in it was really cranky. So instead we bought some water and Powerade at one of the shops and walked down. It was hard to find the entrance to the steps, but we eventually made it there with help. There was no shade on the way down, it was hot, and there was seriously donkey poop everywhere. It smelled worse than I thought it would. We made it down the hill in about 30 minutes. There were lots of people walking down, lots of people walking up, and lots of donkeys. The donkeys are scary. They walked quickly and almost everyone sitting on top of them looked scared. We also ran into a group of people on donkeys where the donkeys had stopped moving and were just standing there and the people didn’t know what to do, eventually some of them climbed off and just started walking up the steps. I was so glad that we finally made it down, and then the little town at the bottom was crazy full of people waiting to get on the cable car to go up (there was a ship that arrived at 2 pm I think). We were supposed to leave at 5 pm, but the day before the Captain announced that he was changing it to 6 pm, due to another ship leaving at 5 pm, to help with the cable car congestion.

We had reservations at the Lawn Club Grill for dinner this night at 6 pm. It was nice to sit in the restaurant and be able to watch the sailaway. This specialty restaurant focuses on grilled cuisine in an interactive, open kitchen, type concept. The meal included an appetizer, salad bar, grilled entrée, and hot dessert – all very delicious but in very large portions. The appetizer was a flatbread, but for all intensive purposes it was a New York style pizza. For the entrée I had steak kabobs with dirty rice, and my husband had the grilled red snapper with lobster mac & cheese – so good! We enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Somehow we ended up with an onboard dining credit (probably our travel agent), so we didn’t have to pay for this specialty restaurant.

Cruise Day 5: Athens, Greece

We booked the Acropolis + Cape Sounion Tour through Celebrity, we had to meet in the auditorium at 7:30 am! There were 3 buses of people who chose this tour. The very first thing we did was go to the Acropolis. They gave us a bottle of water when we got off the bus and then we walked up to the Parthenon. I was so glad that we went there first, by the time we left it was so crowded, it was crazy. We had a tour around the Parthenon site and then some time on our own. After we got back on the bus, we had a couple stops in Athens. The first stop was a souvenir store for about 15 min (because there is no opportunity for shopping on this tour). The store was nice, they had a good selection of things that appeared to be a good quality, and we got our postcards for free. Then we drove to the Parliament building and because of the timing, they let us off the bus to see the changing of the guard (I am not sure if this happens on every trip or not). We had another stop at the Olympic stadium of the first modern Olympics. Then we drove to a hotel in Athens for lunch. The buffet was good (some classic Greek food as well as things like baked chicken breasts) and they included soft drinks and wine with lunch. After lunch we got back on the bus to drive to Cape Sounion and the Temple of Poseidon. It was about 1 hr 15 min drive… I think most people took an after-lunch nap on the way there. Once we were at the site, we had a tour with our guide and then we had time to ourselves to walk around. Back on the bus, and drove back to Piraeus. One thing I didn’t know, the bus doesn’t drive you directly back to the ship, but instead it drops you off at the cruise terminal building which is nowhere near the ship. You have to go through security (just like the airport) before boarding another bus back to your ship.

In the evening, we had reservations at Qsine… it was delicious! Qsine is meant to be a “dining experience” – you order off of iPads, the meal is served multicourse tapas-style, and every dish has a different theme. We ordered items like the baby back BBQ spring rolls, lava king crab, tacos royale, and painters palette filet mignon. My husband enjoyed getting to make his own guacamole at the table with the mortar and pestle. Dessert was make your own cupcake and strawberry fields forever. We greatly enjoyed the meal there, I wish my stomach was bigger so that we could have tried more food!

Cruise Day 6: Katakalon, Greece

Finally, a chance to “sleep in” since we didn’t arrive until 9 am! We went to the MDR for breakfast. I didn’t really enjoy it, they crowded everyone into a small area of the dining room, the service was really slow, and the food wasn’t that much different from the buffet. Also, they seated us at a table for 2 that was like 3” away from the other tables for 2. On other cruise lines, we have enjoyed eating breakfast at a larger table with people who we didn’t know, but we didn’t have that option here.

We had a private tour booked with “Olympic Tours by Niki Vlachou”. We had booked the 6 hour tour that included a tour of Olympia and a lunch (called “The Olympia Project”). One interesting thing- our tour of Olympia included both the people on our tour (that included lunch) and the people who booked the regular 6 hour tour (with free time, did not include lunch). We had maybe 20 people total on the tour. Our tour included both a tour of the museum, where it was cool to see the statues and relics from the site, and a tour of the site. After the tour, we had some free time to walk around and then about half of our group got back on the bus to go to lunch. The lunch was a buffet of traditional Greek dishes, and it was delicious. There was a tour group on a Celebrity tour at the same restaurant for lunch and they had people performing traditional Greek dances for them, so we got to watch while we were eating, which was fun. They talk about taking a swim in the restaurants pool in the trip description, but there wasn’t really any time for that. When we were done eating, the bus dropped us off on a street in “modern” Olympia, we had about half an hour to do any shopping if you wanted and then we had to meet back up with the bus to drive back to the port.

Cruise Day 7: At Sea

We got to turn our clocks ahead overnight so we woke up at a decent time and went up to the buffet for breakfast and then to the pool. The chair hogs were out saving chairs super early since it was an “at sea” day, so we ended up in the Solarium. We enjoyed the Solarium pool more than the outdoor pool because there were no kids splashing and jumping all over. Strangely, the nice loungers in the Solarium were available when most of the outdoor loungers were “reserved”. We went to the “Grand Extravaganza Buffet” or whatever they called it for lunch. There was the normal buffet food as well as sushi, a giant dessert display, chocolate fountain, cotton candy, and chocolate dipped strawberries and Oreos. My favorite part was the large selection of berries that they put out for dipping in the chocolate- I wasn’t the only person I saw taking a big spoonful to eat without the chocolate!

Cruise Day 8: Disembarkation

We accidentally didn’t see the paper about reserving a disembarkation time until after we received our luggage tags. It didn’t matter though, we didn’t have anywhere that we needed to be. We were assigned an 8:45 disembarkation time and walked off easily right around that time. They kick you out of your room by 8 am, so we were sitting in the theatre. We walked off, got our luggage, and then hiked back to the People Mover to get back to Piazzale Roma. We stored our luggage for the day at the baggage storage located right next to the entrance to the People Mover in Piazzale Roma. It was 7 Euros a bag and they were open until 8 pm. I was worried that there would be a long line there when we dropped off the luggage (it was approximately 9 am), but there was no line! There was also no wait when we picked up our luggage at the end of the day.

After we were free from our luggage, we set back out for another walk in Venice. We randomly found a church that had a Leonardo da Vinci exhibit where they built mechanisms based on his drawings, so we stopped there for a bit. Then we ate lunch on the Grand Canal near the Rialto bridge. It was nice to sit there and relax and people-watch. At 1 pm we had a rowing lesson with “Row Venice”. They are a non-profit organization that teaches you to “Row like a Venetian”. We rowed a “batellina” which is like a shorter, more stable gondola. The instructor rowed and steered at the back of the boat, and you stand in the front and row. We rowed through a bunch of small canals on the north side of the island, it was a lot of fun (and not too hard). It take some time though to learn the proper balance. Definitely take your own water and a hat, it gets a little hot doing the rowing!

After we finished rowing, we walked back to the Rialto bridge and had a gondola ride- it was nice to have someone else do all the work! We went on both the Grand Canal and some of the smaller side canals, it was very nice and relaxing. Note that the Gondola prices are fixed in Venice, and you pay about 80 Euro for a 30 minute ride. We had an early dinner at a random restaurant that we passed on our way back to Piazzale Roma. We bought bus tickets at the ACTV counter and then got our baggage to take the #5 bus to Tessera. We had reservations at the Best Western Titian Inn because they had early shuttle service to the airport. All I could find out beforehand from reviews online is that “Tessera” is one stop before the airport, that is not a useful fact unless I take the bus all the way to the airport and then turn around to take it back to Venice. It was kind of stressful finding our stop, there were like 10 stops called “Via Orlando”, which was weird. Luckily we could see our hotel from the bus, and the hotel was before the bus stop so we knew when to get off. It was a little bit of a walk to the hotel, but not too bad. The Best Western Titian Inn was really nice, it had been renovated recently and was in good shape. When we checked in, the 5 am and 4:45 am shuttles to the airport were full, so they added a 4:30 am shuttle for us (which was then full the next morning). They had a computer with a printer that we could use to print out our boarding passes. The breakfast was supposed to start at 4:30 am, but they opened it earlier since people were leaving at 4:30 am, which was a nice touch. We crashed at 8:30 pm because we were absolutely exhausted from our day.

Last Day:

We woke up at 3:30 am, showered and had a small breakfast, and took the 4:30 am shuttle to the airport (we had a 6:45 am flight to Frankfurt). The Lufthansa counter was not open when we arrived, but the line was just starting. We were able to go in the baggage drop-off line since we had printed our boarding passes, and we were the first in line there when they opened (around 4:50?). The Venice airport had strange security- I got in trouble for leaving my Kindle in my backpack (in the US, electronic devices like Kindles and iPads can stay in your bag) and apparently no one was taking off their shoes to go through security. We were the first people at our gate and we settled in to wait for our flight.

We landed in Frankfurt and we had to take a bus from the plane to the airport. We had a 2-hour layover and we made it to our gate in plenty of time. Note that in Frankfurt you have to go through passport control when moving between the shorthaul (European flights) and longhaul (overseas flights) areas of the terminal. We made it back to Houston on time around 2 pm Houston time, what a long day!

Thoughts on Celebrity Silhouette:

We LOVED Celebrity and this ship! We were a little bit afraid when we booked that it would be too “upper class” for us and we would not fit in, when in reality, we fit right in with everyone. In fact, I even saw one person use their hand (instead of tongs) in the salad bar at the buffet, so not everyone was “upper class”. We loved the little touches that Celebrity had- the nice bathrooms, the cold washcloths and drinks at the gangway when you get back on the ship, free champagne at embarkation, etc. The ship is absolutely gorgeous both inside and out, and its so big and luxurious that you can’t tell you are on a ship at all.

Entertainment:

We went to the 3 “production” shows and we enjoyed them. The first one was “musicals” themed, and the last one was kind of “cirque du soleil” themed. I enjoyed the Cirque one the best, but it seemed like they just kept singing the same thing for the entire show. We also enjoyed the House Band (we think their name was “Soul”) and we went to a lot of their performances. A lot of the activities program focused on shopping and extra ways to spend your money, and in some ways the activities (like trivia) are better on Royal Caribbean. One of the most enjoyable activities was the Captain’s question and answer session in the Silhouette Theater.

Food/Drinks:

Food was delicious and very high quality. The buffet was great for breakfast and lunch and we enjoyed all of our dinners in the MDR as well as the specialty restaurants. My one complaint here is that even though we were not doing fixed seatings and always had a table for 2, it always took more than 75 minutes for our dinner. We usually only ordered one appetizer, the main course, and dessert, no coffee or tea or anything afterwards. We got several drinks at the martini bar- this was my favorite bar on the ship! The frozen bar top was fun and the bartenders were entertaining as they made your drink. Several people were jealously looking at my martini as it was being made- why would you go to that bar and drink something else? The martinis were just fun!

Pools:

Both the main pool deck and the Solarium pool were very nice. Pool furniture (loungers) were a significant step up from what you would find on Royal Caribbean or Princess. The Solarium Pool was by far the nicest – teak deck loungers with padding and also “cuddle caves” (daybeds with canopies). The “pool butlers” also laid out 2 towels on every lounger before the crowds arrived. However, we did think that the hot tubs all seemed to have a huge amount of excess chlorine in them and they were not very hot. You would get in the hot tub and start coughing because the chemical smell was so strong.

Conclusion:

All in all, we had an absolutely fabulous time on this trip- we enjoyed the ship, the ports of call, everything- we would sail Celebrity again anytime!

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them!

We had the same compliant about how long the main dining room took. The first night we arrived at 8:30 and left before they were finished with the dessert coffee at 11pm! We spoke to the head waiter about how long it took but ended up not going back.

We switched to the anytime dining and that worked out better. We enjoy the experience and meeting new people but we also like to wander about the ship after dinner and listen to music, so would like it to be a bit shorter.

Thank you for the excellent review. Glad you enjoyed the ship, ports and cruise.

Do you happen to remember who the Captain Circle Hostess was?

Sorry, I don't know who the Captain;s Circle hostess was... this was our first Celebrity cruise so we were not a member of the Captain's Club.

Loved the title of your review - glad you enjoyed your cruise, Silhouette is really beautiful (my favourite ship) and that itinerary is also my favourite too, we did the Donkey poop run down the hill and it was scary!! I felt we should have had a certificate at the bottom to congratulate us for surviving lol!

Thanks for sharing x

Thank you for the excellent review. Glad you enjoyed the ship, ports and cruise.

Do you happen to remember who the Captain Circle Hostess was?

It was Marlene, and she is great.

Wife and I were on the same cruise and had a fantastic time. Already booked our next one.

Wish I had registered here earlier, as we would have liked to attend the Cruise Critic get together.

It was Marlene, and she is great.

Wife and I were on the same cruise and had a fantastic time. Already booked our next one.

Wish I had registered here earlier, as we would have liked to attend the Cruise Critic get together.

Thank you! CC is great! Use their Roll Call forum.