What Time is Platinum Debarkation?

Rowan555

We've done self assist every cruise since it was first offered - this time we're planning to go with the regular debarkation so we don't have to get up *quite as early and maneuver our luggage through the increasingly large crowd of VIP self assist folks. As many times as we've received the Platinum debarkation information letter, I never did pay attention to the time it says to be in the lounge for regular (non self-assist) VIP debarkation. Does anyone happen to know? My father is used to picking us up at the terminal by 8 AM when we carry our own bags, so I want to give him an idea of what time to show up if we decide against self assist. This will be on the Dream, btw.

We've done self assist every cruise since it was first offered - this time we're planning to go with the regular debarkation so we don't have to get up *quite as early and maneuver our luggage through the increasingly large crowd of VIP self assist folks. As many times as we've received the Platinum debarkation information letter, I never did pay attention to the time it says to be in the lounge for regular (non self-assist) VIP debarkation. Does anyone happen to know? My father is used to picking us up at the terminal by 8 AM when we carry our own bags, so I want to give him an idea of what time to show up if we decide against self assist. This will be on the Dream, btw.

The letter for us yesterday in San Juan said 8:30 but it was closer to 9:15 before we started to get off.

Depends on t he ship and port.

I'm Platinum and normally it is about 8-830 depending on the ship.

Thanks, guys. I know actual debarkation time can vary wildly based on fog, Customs issues, etc - but the letter you get the day before usually has a standard time for that ship. I'll just plan on it being b/t 8 and 9 and see how it goes :) My dad lives 30 minutes from the terminal, so it shouldn't be a big deal to call him that morning once we have use of our phones again and let him know what time to head down. I'm just a bit OCD and always like to have as much info as possible ahead of time!

I didn't realize there was a time and place we had to gather in order to debark a ship.

Being Platinum ourselves, when we sailed Magic in April, we received luggage tags #1. Since we had a very late flight, we stayed on the ship as long as we could. (Cruise Director asked the last 118 of us to please leave at 10:30. That was cool, and very funny.) We just got in line, debarked, and retrieved our luggage from the luggage tag #1 section in the port building. Surprisingly, there were quite a few bags in this section still there when we walked away with ours.

Same thing when we used self-assist a couple of years ago on Pride. Our son was picking us up at the port so we hung out in the Lido buffet with our luggage until we were ready to go.

Come to think of it, we always leave when we want, regardless of what number is called. We just walk to the back of the line and go.

Platinum for 7 years,like most each ship times vary. Just off the Paradise the debarkation has been smooth for years,for some reason it was changed. All pax's are stuffed on deck 9 and deck 10 which encompasses the buffet area,if your a little late for breakfast you won't find a table.

The letter for Platinum PRIORTY debarkation go to RAZ lounge deck 9 sure a surprise 100's of FTTF's. When going to gangway we always were taken to elevators,NO this time out back door,to drag bags down three decks. Asked crew person how come "To make it easy to get to gangway"???? "And so no one follows us"??????????????????

There should be some kind system to make notice to NON-US pax's

maybe when their signing on ship so they make sure to appear at Immigration in AM so they don't have to be called over and over holding out clearance of ship.

On 9/6/2014 last person was off ship at 10:35AM I was there doing a back2back

Back from the Dream today. Platinum self assist began at 6:45 AM. It turned out my father couldn't pick us up until 9:30, so we did relaxed debarkation and didn't get off the ship until Zone 20 was called. It was great because our luggage was almost all alone in Zone 1 - it was a breeze to grab it and go. We worried about not using our VIP debarkation privileges since we are usually among the first to get off the ship and thought it might take forever to get through the customs line - but we were in the parking lot 23 minutes from when we stepped off the ship. Not bad at all.