HELP! My online broker only issues quarterly statements..need for Shareholder credi

BrandiGreg

I own 100 shares of Carnival Corp stock and want to fax Princess proof of such to get the shareholder credit on my upcoming cruise in 2 weeks, but my broker only issues statements on a quarterly basis, the last one being dated June 30. However, Princess wants a statement more recent than that. I called the broker, but their turn-around time to request the most recent statement is over at least a week's time. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could get adequate proof any quicker? (If it helps, I deal with ETrade). Thanks:confused:

We have the same issue with the same company (ETrade) and struggled with making it work for a year or so. I'm not sure this will help you in your current situation, but it might help you going forward...

If we make a minor transaction with that account (DH has an automatic deposit of $10 each month going into the account), it does generate a statement at the end of that month, regardless of whether it is the end of a quarter or not.

After you've logged in, go to a tab across the top called Accounts>Tax and Account Records>Monthly Statements. These statements only appear quarterly, or if you've had a transaction. By having an automatic transfer, we're ready to cruise any time of year. :)

We have the same issue with the same company (ETrade) and struggled with making it work for a year or so. I'm not sure this will help you in your current situation, but it might help you going forward...

If we make a minor transaction with that account (DH has an automatic deposit of $10 each month going into the account), it does generate a statement at the end of that month, regardless of whether it is the end of a quarter or not.

After you've logged in, go to a tab across the top called Accounts>Tax and Account Records>Monthly Statements. These statements only appear quarterly, or if you've had a transaction. By having an automatic transfer, we're ready to cruise any time of year. :)

Once I was able to reach them by phone, they said that if you do not have any activity in the account, they only issue it quarterly. Maybe that is what I should do. Online, it only shows my last quarterly statement available for downloading, which is too far back for Princess. I will keep working on it. I should have not changed from Scottrade....I never had this problem with them.

We use Scottrade, so I'm not familiar with your options, but I can tell you how we did it. We went to the 'positions' page, where you can see what the stock is currently doing. I just printed that out, it has the date and my husband name at the top. I just blacked out the other info and faxed the page in. We had the obc the next morning.

We use Scottrade, so I'm not familiar with your options, but I can tell you how we did it. We went to the 'positions' page, where you can see what the stock is currently doing. I just printed that out, it has the date and my husband name at the top. I just blacked out the other info and faxed the page in. We had the obc the next morning.

I do the same. It's not necessary to have a statement as such, just a holdings with the date will suffice.

Mike:)

We do this as well. If you can see your portfolio, chances are you can print it.

I do the same. It's not necessary to have a statement as such, just a holdings with the date will suffice.

Mike:)

I'm not familiar with eTrade, but per above suggestion, perhaps a dated screen print showing your current holdings/position. Just a thought.

Brandi:

Your June 30 statement should work just fine. Princess indicates it should be no more than 3 months from your date of cruise.

As an example, 2 weeks ago we faxed our statement dated May 30th for our upcoming cruises on September 21, 24, and 28 and we received our shareholder benefit(s) within a couple of hours. I noticed the 3 month restriction after I faxed it and was concerned because the statement was outside of that 3 month timeframe, but they accepted it!

Princess always seems to be generous with us!

Clarice

Brandi:

Your June 30 statement should work just fine. Princess indicates it should be no more than 3 months from your date of cruise.

As an example, 2 weeks ago we faxed our statement dated May 30th for our upcoming cruises on September 21, 24, and 28 and we received our shareholder benefit(s) within a couple of hours. I noticed the 3 month restriction after I faxed it and was concerned because the statement was outside of that 3 month timeframe, but they accepted it!

Clarice

We just had a similar experience. We only receive quarterly statements. I mailed the June 30 statement after our final cruise payment in August and Princess accepted it for our Nov 16th cruise.

I just faxed my June 30th statement (Scottrade) to Princess and it was applied within a few days to my cruise that is coming up in 2 weeks.

Princess used to say they wanted statements no more than 1 month old but when all the online companies went to quarterly Princess changed their requirements.

I'm suprised Princess said it wasn't recent enough. Did you fax it in?

The proxy card sent out in the beginning of the year is acceptable year-round for getting the shareholder credit. I used the most recent one (received in March) last month to get credit for an October cruise.

I have never used a brokerage statement and have never had an issue with using the proxy card.

When we were struggling with this, we tried submitting a screen capture but Princess did not accept it. DH contacted a rep at Etrade and he generated a special report showing ownership; Princess wouldn't accept that either. That's when the rep told us that a transaction would trigger a statement. I wish you better luck in getting your immediate need met.

Really? That's good to know. I also use Scottrade but the only stock I hold is the CCL stock. Scottrade is like eTrade in that they only issue an actual statement if there is activity during that month. That means that, like the OP, I can only get an actual statement every three months when CCL pays the dividend. In my case it's fine for me to wait until mid September as I don't need the thing until my cruise in November. However, if I can just print out the "positions" info I'll do it tomorrow. I really don't like waiting. ;)

Edit: Ahhhhhhhhh......... Reading further it looks like the June statement would actually work. If they are going to accept statements that far out they really ought to change the wording on their info.

Edited by Thrak

The problem is that ETrade positions and other online views do NOT have my name on them. That is the problem, they want my name on the page.

The problem is that ETrade positions and other online views do NOT have my name on them. That is the problem, they want my name on the page.

Print your quarterly statement with your name as well as your positions statement and fax them both.

I had the same problem with the Fidelity positions page. It has the account number but not the name. So I printed out the positions page, and then I printed out an older statement that had both the account number AND the name. I blacked out all but the last 4 digits of the account number (they don't want to be responsible if something happens to your account, so they ask that you don't reveal the whole number). I faxed them both in with a note that the old statement was only for purposes of matching the name to the account number.

I have just one in and selected all on the page that showed the holdings as of today and printed it and sent it in. I may have had to pint something that shows the name and account number because I think only the account number shows on the current positions page. Princess has always taken it and provided the credit.

Would a screen grab work for you?

I tried a screen shot/screen grab, but my name appears nowhere on any document except the quarterly statement, and even then it appears only on the first page. So, what I did was fax that first page along with page 5 which shows the CCL stock holding, and hoping that quarterly statement, even though dated June 30, will work. I have not had this problem in the past, because my shareholder benefit requests have always been shortly after the quarterly statements came out.

I just checked Scottrade. The "positions" page does have my name. It's in the upper left corner and I had to look for it. The account number was just above it as well.

The name isn't on the part I was looking at but in the stuff along the left side. I used the "snip" tool that's built into Windows 7 and just snipped the part of the page I wanted. I faxed it in a little while ago. For the first time I also used the actual fax form from Princess as well.

I called to see if the fax went through but was told they were still working on items from the 2nd or 3rd and they "couldn't" even tell me if my fax had been received. In the past when I've called I have just been asked for the number I faxed from and they checked for me right away.

Guess I'll wait a few days and see if the OBC appears. If it's not there in a week I'll call again.

Brandi,

Fax the info again and call princess. I am also sailing in 2 weeks, and I also only get quarterly statements. I faxed them my June 30 statement and they accepted it without any questions. Call Princess and you will probably speak to a different person.

Faxed it yesterday - as stated above I used a screen snip of my "holdings" page info - and it's showing in my cruise personalizer today.

Remember, you can always call 800-872-6779 ext. 30317 to ask if they have received your fax and to check on the OBC.

Edited by Thrak