Guarantee C grade cabin navigator

janecambridge

Thank you

When I looked at deck plans,I was surprised how many cabins I dismissed after reading cruise critic reviews and cruising on other ships.Guarantee cabins are worrying.I was told they are classed as guarantee as so many get booked and quite a few get cancelled.I do like to book a specific cabin as I am a light sleeper.

Hi Jane,

Good to hear you have booked your cruise.I am sure your cabin will be fine.my sister and law had a guaranteed cabin on Navigator in May and was delighted with location.We are booked on cruise prior to your cruise and also on deck 9. Just relax and look forward to the cruise,it will be fabulous. Jean

Thank you

When I looked at deck plans,I was surprised how many cabins I dismissed after reading cruise critic reviews and cruising on other ships.Guarantee cabins are worrying.I was told they are classed as guarantee as so many get booked and quite a few get cancelled.I do like to book a specific cabin as I am a light sleeper.

you can call Regent or have your travel agent call periodically and they may assign you something depending on when you happen to call. I just called directly to Regent one day and was able to select from two or three cabins that were available that day. If I hadn't called I'm sure I would have been on the guarantee list much longer.

Travel agents may have more influence, so if you can't get what you want I would go through your travel agent to see if you can be wait listed for a specific area or cabins that you want.

My wife and I had a guaranteed Navigator suite not long ago and it was under the pool. Not only was it under the pool deck but right under where they set up all the food serving equipment on the port side. I am a light sleeper also and never again will I accept a suite in that location. They start dragging tables and chairs around the pool area before daylight. Complained and the noise got better but never got to what we considered an acceptable level.

If it comes down to a suite under the pool deck or not going on the cruise, I will take not going on the cruise every time.

Edited by shuguley

My wife and I had a guaranteed Navigator suite not long ago and it was under the pool. Not only was it under the pool deck but right under where they set up all the food serving equipment on the port side. I am a light sleeper also and never again will I accept a suite in that location. They start dragging tables and chairs around the pool area before daylight. Complained and the noise got better but never got to what we considered an acceptable level.

If it comes down to a suite under the pool deck or not going on the cruise, I will take not going on the cruise every time.

I feel that strongly too about noise,especially above my head after we had a cabin under the lido deck on Princess where the 24 buffet was.The scraping of chairs drove me nuts in 10 minutes.

So we have a penthouse on this cruise and they are all under and above other cabins,bar the disabled two.

• 1 month later...