Further Reductions ?

cruisebore

In August P&O had a sale ending the 31st Aug. This was promptly followed by the current Double Discount Sale, 35% off. which ends on the 15th September. Can we expect this to be followed with further reductions similar to last year when balcony cabins were available on Caribbean fly cruises for £999?

Cb

Couple of points.

1. Generally this year there have not been the very big discounts of previous years. Some exceptions but the majority of cruises have not fallen a lot.

2. The period leading up to Christmas is one of the slacker periods for cruising and so if there are to be some bargains they will happen for this period.

3. Last year the bookings after Christmas held up reasonably well.

4. All cruise lines discount to sell off there empty cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We have just booked on the current double discount sale for a 2 week Caribbean cruise in November, great deal could have had a balcony for around £2700 paid an extra £400 for a guaranteed superior deluxe. Still got local airport probably the only must for us.

We always go at this time of the year for a couple of weeks on Azura or Ventura have always booked well in advance but last year my sister in law booked to join us 6 weeks before the cruise and paid £1500 less for a similar cabin!

This year we just waited as the select price was over £4200 for a balcony cabin it was a risk we decided to take, if it hadn't worked out we would have found something else for the two weeks we have booked off work.

Having cruised on both Azura and Ventura a number of times we don't mind where we are located and not bothered about dining sitting if we don't like what we are allocated there are lots of alternatives, shuttle buses don't figure on the islands.

Happy with my 'deal' wont look at prices now paid my money and made my choice so to speak :) :)

Edited by vizzog

We booked our upcoming cruise on Oriana in September 2013 whilst on board. So far, it has been £120 less pp than we paid and that was only for about a month. It is now standing at more than we paid and we got £150 pp OBC AND free parking. Only 4 weeks to go. Our cruise on Adonia next April is sold out in two grades and the Early Saver is more than we paid.

There will always be deals on Canaries, Fjords, Baltic, Caribbean but if the cruise is a little different with interesting ports, it will be popular. We are very glad we booked early even if at the last minute there may be a couple of deals.

Edited by jeanlyon

The one thing with cruise holidays is there is something for everyone.

I can understand people wanting a particular itinerary on a named ship and being able to choose cabin, dining, etc. and not minding what they pay. We have a limited budget, can go at a moments notice and are not fussy whether it is an inside or balcony, but a balcony is better ! By buying "bargains" we can have two a year instead of one so are very happy when the last minute deals surface.

The one thing with cruise holidays is there is something for everyone.

I can understand people wanting a particular itinerary on a named ship and being able to choose cabin, dining, etc. and not minding what they pay. We have a limited budget, can go at a moments notice and are not fussy whether it is an inside or balcony, but a balcony is better ! By buying "bargains" we can have two a year instead of one so are very happy when the last minute deals surface.

Apart from the 'go at a moments notice' bit, everything else are my thoughts entirely.

we are the same as BTB we have a very limited budget, poorly parents so can only book last minute when guaranteed care is available and they are having a good run health wise

last year we were luck on our Caribbean cruise we got a good deal with a balcony thrown in but we are just happy to be on board the only big wish we have is for freedom dining so the Ventura is our first pick because they have 2 restaurants on freedom.

we have lost numerous deposits due to ill health of parents and okay in some cases we have been able to claim off the insurance but even then we loose the excess.

But anyway when we get on board we are just happy to be there

we are the same as BTB we have a very limited budget, poorly parents so can only book last minute when guaranteed care is available and they are having a good run health wise

last year we were luck on our Caribbean cruise we got a good deal with a balcony thrown in but we are just happy to be on board the only big wish we have is for freedom dining so the Ventura is our first pick because they have 2 restaurants on freedom.

we have lost numerous deposits due to ill health of parents and okay in some cases we have been able to claim off the insurance but even then we loose the excess.

But anyway when we get on board we are just happy to be there

Have you ever tried moving your bookings for the ones you have cancelled due to parents I'll health. As long as you rebook with in a year (you do not have to sail with in the year) and the new cruise costs the same or more, it would only cost £100. Just a thought.

We booked our upcoming cruise on Oriana in September 2013 whilst on board. So far, it has been £120 less pp than we paid and that was only for about a month. It is now standing at more than we paid and we got £150 pp OBC AND free parking. Only 4 weeks to go. Our cruise on Adonia next April is sold out in two grades and the Early Saver is more than we paid.

There will always be deals on Canaries, Fjords, Baltic, Caribbean but if the cruise is a little different with interesting ports, it will be popular. We are very glad we booked early even if at the last minute there may be a couple of deals.

Totally agree about the same as destinations. As ship after ship goes there one feels there will always be deals. We looked at a transatlantic Caribbean as couple of years ago and the grade we wanted was sold out over a year in advance. I think the transatlantics to n america usually sell well as well, as those cruises only happen twice a year.

Thanks English Lady, never thought of that I work in the insurance industry so just reverted to claiming so will keep that in mind in fact we don't plan for anything any more we just do things on a whim as and when we can, I am lucky that I can mostly take holidays from work when I want and OH is semi retired and self employed so no restrictions there.

Going to hold out and hope to get lucky for December in the Caribbean again

P & O spoilt us last year with a balcony, we are keeping an eye on the 5/6 Dec, 26/27 Dec or early January and keeping fingers cross that the oldies stay well