Another Brazil visa question??

joiedevivre

I have dual citizenship. French/US.

There is no visa requirement for French citizens to enter Brazil

Should I try to save $160.00?

Oceania has my US passeport on their registration info I provided

Can I still use my French passeport when arriving by ship in Rio?

Do I use it again at the Rio airport to check in/

Lastly when I arrive in the states do I use my US passeport?:confused:

I'm guessing here based what I have seen posted before by people with dual citizenship.

If I were you I would give Oceania my french passport info (had I such a thing!) and avoid the visa need. It's really a pain to get it, not to mention expensive. If you use your french passport, you can avoid that. But I am sure that Oceania will need to know as well which passport you are using so be sure to change the info on your passenger information list.

As to your further questions, I yield to wiser passengers! It COULD be better to pay the visa fee (using your U.S. passport) so as to make it easier to enter the U.S. Yours is NOT a simple question!

You may be better of asking Oceania or your TA advice as to handle these matters. They are probably better suited to answering your questions. In your position, I would NOT depend on answers you get here from fellow passengers.

Mura

My DH is a British/U.S. citizen and does not need a visa for Brazil. We are due to go to Brazil for the second time next year and he will do what he did last time........ contact your TA and Oceania to make sure they change your passport information to your French passport. Enter Brazil with your French passport. When entering the United States, use your U.S. Passport -- no problem at all.

Don't forget to contact your TA and Oceania when you get home to change your information back to your U.S. Passport.