Love the live orchestra!

Tangocherie

I'm just off the Century from an Alaska cruise. I wanted to mention how I loved the entertainment onboard and especially the live orchestra during the shows. Thanks to Celebrity for keeping the live orchestras. Unfortunately so many cruise lines have gotten rid of them. A live orchestra is SOO much better than canned music.

Last year on the Constellation the show didn't seem to have the same energy, something was missing. It was the live orchestra. We asked about it and was told that there was a budget and they decided to use taped music for the shows and use that entertainment money for other types of entertainment. The other was those DJs banging on their electronic drums near every bar. Was told that they were trying to accommodate the passengers at that time.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I'm just off the Century from an Alaska cruise. I wanted to mention how I loved the entertainment onboard and especially the live orchestra during the shows. Thanks to Celebrity for keeping the live orchestras. Unfortunately so many cruise lines have gotten rid of them. A live orchestra is SOO much better than canned music.

So true. The presence of live music is a BIG factor in our choice of lines.

Glad to hear the live orchestra is back,,, saw it shrink each time we cruised...the DJ and banging drum are awful..,..had them on a recent Silho cruise..,, very irritating!

Hope this is a step in a better direction...