B2B question

xyankee

I am booked on a 5 day and 4 day B2B on Caribbean Princess. We will have to change cabins after the 5 day cruise. Will I have to pack all my clothes and take my luggage with me off ths ship while waiting to re board with the other B2B passengers?

I am booked on a 5 day and 4 day B2B on Caribbean Princess. We will have to change cabins after the 5 day cruise. Will I have to pack all my clothes and take my luggage with me off ths ship while waiting to re board with the other B2B passengers?

No you leave everything there in the cabin, then just move it to the other cabin when you are done.

Stewart will help you, they have hotel type carts with a hanging rack.

No, although you will need to process through immigration, your luggage will stay onboard. You may or may not get assistance moving to your new cabin. Check with your steward and/or the Purser's Desk before changeover day.

Lew

If you booked as 1- 9 day trip you won't have to move any clothing. But if you booked them separately you should already know which cabins you'll be assigned to and if you do have to move your clothing either the steward will help you or you can do it yourself before the immigration walk through around 10 AM.

It's EASY! Your luggage stays on the ship. :)

The steward will bring a hotel type luggage carrier for your hanging clothes so all you have to do is put the other things in suitcases to take to your new cabin.

Remember to remove things from your old cabin safe and put them in your new cabin safe.

LuLu

I've done a couple of b2b where I had to change cabins. one, two guys came with a trolley and moved me. the other one, i spoke to the front desk and my steward about it, I also spoke to the steward at my new cabin. moving day came and no one helped. my steward said he was too busy. the desk said to wait and someone would come...no one came. I wandered down to my new room and that steward was too busy...I packed everything up and moved myself. so frustrating! if I'd known that's what I needed to do it would have been okay but don't tell me there will be help and none come! I wasted a couple of hours waiting. grrrr....whew, it would appear I am still a bit bitter.

If they are going to move your luggage while your out of the cabin, put a luggage tag on it.

Not necessarily needed .... the "moving team" knows where they are taking one's stuff. At least they did when they moved my belongings while I was doing the turnaround process. When I left my original cabin it was all still in there, and as soon as I came back onboard, I went to my new cabin and all my belongings were there waiting for me to re-settle them.

One tip I'd read on here (which worked out great for us) is, when you're unpacking for the first time, in your first cabin, ask Stewart for a bunch of hangers. Enough so that you aren't using any of the wooden hangers that are already in the closet (which can't be moved easily). If you're using the traditional type of hangers, on Moving Day you can just grab the whole armload of them and place them on the trolley that Stewart will hopefully bring you.

Have fun on your B2B!

The only time we've changed cabins on a b2b we just moved down the hall and had the same steward. He took care of moving our things while we were going thru immigration.

I have always felt that it is the job of the crew (perhaps my steward or one of his helpers) to move my belongings, not my job. After all, it wouldn't be my job if I were just embarking. So I am surprised to read here that people had to be so involved in moving their own things.

What if you just left your things there, wouldn't someone have to move it to get the cabin ready for the next passenger?

Not necessarily needed .... the "moving team" knows where they are taking one's stuff. At least they did when they moved my belongings while I was doing the turnaround process. When I left my original cabin it was all still in there, and as soon as I came back onboard, I went to my new cabin and all my belongings were there waiting for me to re-settle them.

What did you do about the things in your safe?

LuLu