Online check in

Daydaes

I held off until a few days ago (sailing 9/20) because we still do not have a room assignment. I got so many nagging emails from HAL, I went ahead and did it. I haven't printed the luggage tags yet because still waiting in room number.

Sometimes you don't get your room number until boarding. We didn't one time. I don't think we had it on our luggage tags and our luggage came to our cabin no problem. We had booked a guarantee and weren't assigned until we arrived for boarding. We did get an upgrade too.

The last two times I booked the exact cabin but this time I am going with a guarantee verandah. See what happens. I like the surprise.

Usually do ours a week or so after final payment.

Yes, I do the same. I like to get it off my mind. I print off everything and put it into my binder. Then I start researching the online excursions, etc. I usually book one excursion online. And also get ideas from HAL's excursions for what might be interesting to see at the different ports of call.

Me too .... :) ..... within a week or so after final payment.

I like to get it over with. Silly me, but, since our fantastic TA takes care of making the deposits, takes care of the trip insurance and final payments, I suppose doing the Online Check-in makes me feel like it's really happening :D:D

We also fill out the info right after we book so there is one less thing to do / worry about before we leave. Plus it makes it all a bit more 'real'. Once HAL tells us the boarding documents are ready, we print those and the luggage tags, add them to all the other 'stuff' in the cruise notebook and off we go.

It can vary, but normally I complete the on-line check-in right after the second notice. I hate the nagging, and this is the only way to stop it!

I print everything out about a week-10 days before leaving. This is the first step in getting ready to go, and is the lead-in to packing.