Seattle - NCL Pearl

rhinomike

We will be on the Pearl next summer. I would like to rent a car at the airport, keep it for a few days and then drop it off when we board the ship. Does anybody know of a rental car company located at the terminal for the Pearl? Hopefully a short walk away. Thank you.

We will be on the Pearl next summer. I would like to rent a car at the airport, keep it for a few days and then drop it off when we board the ship. Does anybody know of a rental car company located at the terminal for the Pearl? Hopefully a short walk away. Thank you.

Seems like there are three different rental companies working with the Seattle cruise port - since it is possible to meet a representative from the rental companies at the cruise port who then brings you to the rental office, my guess is that that would be possible also when returning a car. That you return it at their main office, and then they can shuttle you to the cruise port....?

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Services/Pages/default.aspx

Looks like Hertz, Avis, Budget, and Enterprise have locations downtown near the port.

Go go google maps, search Alaskan Way, Seattle, then click Search Nearby and enter "rental car" -- you'll see a map of them.

Note that Hertz is closed on Saturday (?!?) -- although the Pearl sails Sundays... Hertz has the closest location to the pier.

Pick your favorite rental company, then call 'em up to confirm downtown drop-off capability.

Edited by triptolemus

Because of all the construction being planned for the Seattle Waterfront (many businesses being closed next summer), the Alaskan Way being torn down and a tunnel under the Eilliot Bay being built, I would suggest that you contact the various car rental companies and ask what their plans are for the summer of 2015. It is going to be a mess most if not al of the area near the cruise terminal.

In case you are planning on spending any time in Seattle directly before the cruise, it may be worth considering using Avis, who have a depot at the Homewood Suites near the Convention Centre.

Last year, we flew into Seattle, picked up a car at the airport and then spent a couple of weeks driving out to Yellowstone. On our return to Seattle, we stayed at the Homewood Suites and dropped off our car then and had a day in the city. It is a taxi drive to to cruise port (although we walked it and it wasn't too bad).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk