Embarkation in NYC

USA41018

Sailing on the Splendor October 4, out of NYC and know nothing about this port. This will be my 31st Carnival cruise and have never sailed out of NYC. Just wondering about what time to arrive. Most ports we arrive around 10:00, check-in and wait for boarding. However, a few ports will not even let you in the parking lot until 11:00. Namely Jacksonville and previously Mobile. Does NYC port allow you to arrive early or should we plan on arriving later, say 11:00. We figure it is better to wait at the port instead of sitting in the hotel room. Thanks for your help.

You'll probably have to wait a bit, but like you said, "better to be early". Even though you have to wait a bit, you'll most likely be in "group 1" to process and board. We've left out of Manhattan many times and find it the most user friendly terminal. Especially now that they've kind of reconfigured and one level is for embarking ONLY and one level is for disembarking ONLY. Should be much less confusion and people on either level.

As Marco said, better to be early. With your cruise history, you should be first on board as Platinum/Diamond cruisers. The worst that happens is that you sit in the priority lounge for awhile, which isn't bad. I spent a couple of hours there in 2012 while they bleached the ship after a norovirus outbreak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Forums mobile app

Edited by whenderson

We just sailed out on the Splendor 9/1 and it was fantastic! We got there earlier than I'd planned because there was no traffic on Labor Day. I think we arrived a little before 10. We had FTTF and breezed right through.

I think they let us into the boarding area about 10:15. FTTF uses the VIP lanes. We were through the scanners so fast my head was spinning! Special line for FTTF at check in - 2-3 minutes we had our S&S cards with a priority boarding card. We filled out our Canadian immigration forms, they called boarding for Platinum, Diamond and suites. They filed past us, and then they called FTTF and we followed right behind. I kind of lost track of the time, but we boarded, went to the cabin to drop off the luggage, went to the Shore Excursion desk to book Behind the Fun and an excursion for Halifax. We headed to the Mongolian Wok, got food, headed for the aft Liner Bar, got a drink and were sitting at a table before noon!