basel to zurich airport

sunsetme

Depends on how much luggage and how fit you are! I'm thinking we are past those days. Therefore I can not help you, but I would like to know if there is private transport for either 2 or 4 people from Basel to Zurich? Any info would help!

Go to the Swissrail website http://www.sbb.com. We traveled by train from Wengen in the Bernese Alps down to Monte Carlo with 3 big suitcases and 2 rollaboards. It involved 5 train changes.

I was 75 at the time and had no problem. What we did was get First Class tickets so the baggage area would not be full of backpacks, etc.

You can buy the tickets on line or at the station.

We traveled from Zurich to Basel last October with luggage with my parents. It was not difficult at all and you can grab a taxi at the station in Zurich to take you to the airport which isn't more than 30 minutes away.

There's a train station right at Zurich Airport. Can't you take a train from there to Basel pretty easily? :confused: From what I've read on the Swiss Rail website, there's no need to purchase tickets in advance. Is this what others have found?

There's a train station right at Zurich Airport. Can't you take a train from there to Basel pretty easily? :confused: From what I've read on the Swiss Rail website, there's no need to purchase tickets in advance. Is this what others have found?

You can definitely take a train to the Zurich Airport. We opted not to because we would still take a taxi to our hotel from the Zurich train station. There are ticket machines at the train station, so you do not need to get them in advance.

The only reason we did was because of all the connections and I told them we wanted 30 minutes between trains.

You can definitely take a train to the Zurich Airport. We opted not to because we would still take a taxi to our hotel from the Zurich train station. There are ticket machines at the train station, so you do not need to get them in advance.

The only reason we did was because of all the connections and I told them we wanted 30 minutes between trains.

Thanks - that's what I thought. We'll either be taking the cruise line's free bus transfer from Zurich Airport to Basel or take the train on our own, then a taxi once at Basel. Hard to know which way to do it. The independent side of me wants to take the train on our own, but the Scottish side of me wants to save a few bucks. :p

thanks - that's what i thought. We'll either be taking the cruise line's free bus transfer from zurich airport to basel or take the train on our own, then a taxi once at basel. Hard to know which way to do it. The independent side of me wants to take the train on our own, but the scottish side of me wants to save a few bucks. :p

och aye lol

I'm looking for information too. We are ending our cruise in Basel. We plan to taxi to the train station to catch a train to Zurich Airport. My questions are:

1) does anyone know the distance and time from from the docks in Basel to the train station (SBB).

2) what is the approximate taxi cost

3) for anyone who has done a river cruise ending in Basel, what was the earliest time you could disembark.

I read on another travel advice web site that the Swiss rail web site is incorrect about buying the ticket on the train. You must pre-purchase it either at the station or on the web site. Supposedly there is a stiff fine if you don't have a ticket.

I hope someone can post answers to my questions.