Marriage Proposal, help? Suggestions?

He should get them a couples massage and at the end of the massage while she's face down he can get down on his knee and take out the ring so that when she gets up that's what she sees

Oh my. :eek:

I don't think I would want to be naked (nor would I would my boyfriend to be naked) for a marriage proposal!

(Note: You are usually face down at the beginning of a massage, and face up at the end, so the above plan wouldn't work anyway without asking the therapist ahead of time to reverse the massage)

Oh my. :eek:

I don't think I would want to be naked (nor would I would my boyfriend to be naked) for a marriage proposal!

(Note: You are usually face down at the beginning of a massage, and face up at the end, so the above plan wouldn't work anyway without asking the therapist ahead of time to reverse the massage)

I agree. Not overly appropriate memories

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

first thing that comes to mind is the scene from Titanic when she is at the front of the ship and he is holding her over the rail...but I'm not sure how well that would go over for all involved...

agree that it depends on the girl...myself, i don't like attention drawn to me...the helipad is a nice idea if they want to make it a ship memory...if they have a nighttime port day then a small cove on the beach at sunset is a beautiful backdrop...it would require someone snooping on you to get the pictures should you WANT a picture of it...some don't care for it.

he knows her best, tell him to STOP overthinking it and go back to basics...their first date is indeed etched in her mind, now how much of that first date does she still talk about...incorporate those little things into it, it shows you cared enough to listen, remember and WANT to bring back to life, all that sparkle and romance then is natural and will probably make her cry that he thought of those small things that they shared way back when!!!

good luck and do inform us what was decided and how all turns out.

Friends of ours went to the ships photographer and had him pretend to take random pics up at the helipad at sunset and then when he proposed (we were all hiding and watching) the photographer was there to capture the moment. SHe was very surprised

My husband proposed to me on the Liberty in the Viking Lounge in 2010. The reggae band was up there playing and he slipped them money to play our fave Bob Marley song while I was in the bathroom. There were like 30 people up there, not crowded. He didn't make a big spectacle or an announcement to embarrass me. During the part of the song that says "In life I know there's lots of grief, but your love is my relief" he dropped on one knee. He had given my camera to a group of women who were seated by the dance floor without me noticing, and they captured the moment :D

When I got back to the cabin there were 2 dozen of red roses waiting for me that he had the concierge in the DL order for me

Edited by mariapd719

OP - Under the circumstances, are you absolutely sure the girl will say , "yes" ? If not, could make for a few uncomfortable days till the end of the cruise. Is there any chance her family will feel left out of the engagement excitement if the proposal was shared with your family and not hers? Will she be able to get word to her family soon after?

If he prefers a private moment, we did a private vow renewal a few years ago on the helipad. No one (that we knew) saw us, no photo, just private memories. :) Worked or us.

enjoy

I would suggest the helipad at night. It's dark, which makes for a beautiful starry sky, and often deserted. Sometimes you even see shooting stars.

Hands down this is my favorite of all the ideas listed. IMHO, a proposal should be a private occasion. The last night of the cruise would be the perfect time.

My fiancé just proposed on our allure cruise in July. He did it on the 21st step of the queen's staircase in Nassau on the 21st of July. We had met on the 21st of a month and had sort of celebrated our anniversary each month on the 21st since. Didn't hurt that toms favorite number was 21 as that was Pittsburgh pirates Roberto clemente's number. I had no idea he would propose that day.

There really are endless ways to make a proposal special. Now we're planning to get married on November 12 at 1121 in the morning. Would do November 21, our true 1 year anniversary, but we'll be on a sea day on the jewel in the southern caribbean that day!

Have fun planning!