Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Hello!

I'm Jo Ann and I need to lose 55 pounds. I've been doing WW since Feb and have lost 27 lbs. I'm not setting the world on fire with my weight loss but it is a start - I guess.

I'm 5'6" and now weigh 203 lbs. OMG it is hard to type that !!!!!!

I started out writing down what I eat and counting the points. I have slacked off doing that the last few months which could be a direct correlation to me not losing much weight lately. I need to start back journaling but it gets so OLD. Can anybody relate?

It appears that I have more weight to lose than anyone else on here. Wish me luck.

My weight seems so insignificant when I see the poor people surffering from the effects of Katrina. My heart goes out to them.

Jo Ann--that is terrific about your weight loss (every little bit helps). Plus, the way I look at it as long as you are loosing instead of going up on the scale--it is a major accomplishment. I too can relate to the issue with journaling my eating and counting the points. As soon as I stop doing it, I stop loosing as well. It gets very old and I'm having a hard time myself getting re-motivated to doing it again. I did have luck with journaling on-line and I may have to sign up for that again (just hate to pay the monthly fees). I just try and take one day at a time and start each day trying again. Good luck!

Hello! You've done great so far. It is so much better to lose slowly so it will stay off. I find that if I keep a food journal (I do it online), it keeps me more accountable. Go back to journaling and I bet you'll see a difference on the scale and in your clothes.

Hi everyone - I've been back at work this week from holidays, and today is my DD birthday, so this is the first chance I have had to "Cruise" the website.

Hi Janice, thanks for the feedback regarding online - I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the monthly fee - I just don't seem to have the time to do it manually anymore. Pizza and cake are my favorites too - and it's my DD birthday! (I'm going to try to munch on a piece of lemon WW cake that I made when they are all having the birthday cake tonight).

Hi Sheila - I'm so glad you lost that pesky 1/2 lb. - I know you will have lost some more when you weigh in today. Good luck!

Hi Melissa, Welcome! What ship are you sailing on in January, and where do you live in Ontario? (I live in Ottawa). Good luck to you and your DH!

Hi Jo Ann, Welcome as well! I think that losing 27 lbs. is fantastic! I agree with Janice, as long as the scale keeps going down in number, then we're all getting closer to our goals!

I weighed in today, only lost 1/2 lb. I think I'm still coming down off my grease and sugar high from my holidays last week. I'm going to join the online and see how I do next weigh in. Have a great week everyone!!

Kim.

Hi Sheila - I'm so glad you lost that pesky 1/2 lb. - I know you will have lost some more when you weigh in today. Good luck!

Kim ~ Nope! I didn't lose any more. That's ok though. ;) Congrats to you on your loss. Remember, every little bit counts.

I was awful on Sunday! Went to a party where my MIL baked one of my favorite cakes. I ate two pieces of that over a 6 hour period and ate banana pudding (another favorite). :eek: Needless to say, I went way over my points for that day! I did okay the rest of the weekend. I measured on Saturday and lost another 1/2 inch in both the abs and hips. I'm happy about that! :D

How was everyone else's weekend?

I did not have a very good weekend (watching my intake that is). We bar-b-qued, I had a couple of glasses of wine and made home made ice cream plus my favorite crumb cake--enjoying all with out my usual work outs. Back on track today and I've already hit the gym. Seems that if I don't work out every little bit of food extra really sticks. Needless to say I'm up on my scale. I'm hoping this week I'll stay on track and get back to counting my points.

Janice

It must of been as "last fling" week-end - I wasn't very good this week-end either - started Friday with a few drinks and munchies at a party and ended up Monday with chip wagon chips (you can't get much worse than that! I did keep exercising though, so it looks like I've only gained a pound - getting back on track now though, (I've always kind of thought of September as a beginning -even more so then New Years!)

Good luck to everyone this week - now that holidays are over, I'm sure we will all get back on track. Next big hurdle - Thanksgiving! (And in Canada, it's in October). I am going to try to have lost enough by then to be really motivated enough to keep going.

Have a great week!

Kim.

I was such a bad girl over the weekend. I bought a bag of hershey nugget candy like a dummy. They called my name all weeekend and I kept answering the call. I also make a cheese ball which I ate quite a bit of. I also made a black bean dip that is a recipe of Emrils which was very good and I don't think it has many points.

I am so determined to lose this weight I've decided to get back on the wagon today and make it happen. I went to WW last night and I'd gained .8 pounds. It was discouraging but it also made me more determined to do something about it.

Hope dieting is going well for all of you.

I was such a bad girl over the weekend. I bought a bag of hershey nugget candy like a dummy. They called my name all weeekend and I kept answering the call. I also make a cheese ball which I ate quite a bit of. I also made a black bean dip that is a recipe of Emrils which was very good and I don't think it has many points.

I am so determined to lose this weight I've decided to get back on the wagon today and make it happen. I went to WW last night and I'd gained .8 pounds. It was discouraging but it also made me more determined to do something about it.

Hope dieting is going well for all of you.

Jo Ann - You aren't alone - we all seemed to go off the wagon this past week-end. I really counted everything I ate yesterday and today after my big splurge all week-end. We'll all just move forward and keep thinkin' about how good we will look on our cruises! (Even though my stomach is growling as I type this!!!:o )

Have a great week!

Kim.

I stayed the same this week. I guess I should be happy due to all of the junk I ate. However, I want to lose more weight! I need to really buckle down and stick to my points.

Sheila - That's great that you haven't gained - I was up 1/2 lb. when I checked this morning - and that was because I was really good with my points yesterday, and was on the treadmill twice. I know I had gained more then that over the week-end.

I'm with you - I'm really buckling down now as well, I want to start seeing the pounds come off!

I know we'll get through this coming week-end much better than the last!

Kim.

Oh my gosh everyone - I am STARVING Today! The 2nd day of really strict dieting always drives me crazy - It's 4:00 - I have an hour to go at work - and the afternoon seems to be taking forever!

Hope everyone else is having a better day then me so far!

Kim.

Kin - I can relate to 'starving'. I'm sitting here at work and it is only 8:25 and I am so hungry I could gnaw on my desk! I didn't have any fruit to bring to work and I try to hold off until 9:30 for breakfast - a bowl of mini wheats. This has been a really bad week for me when it comes to food and tonight isn't going to be any better. We are having friends over for pizza and margaritas. It will be hard to resist the 3rd piece of pizza.

Good luck sticking to your diet guys and have a good weekend!!

Weekends are so hard to be good! I finally broke down and re-signed up for Weight Watchers online. I'm a free lifetime member so I can go to meetings, but journaling is not my stong suit. I seem to do better by putting all my food into my online journal and it calculate my points. So far, I've done great this week--but with the weekend looming it will be difficult.

I too am starving this morning and I'm even breaking into my lunch early (it's 11:45). I need an anti-hunger pill and I'd do much better with this. Best of luck all of you over the weekend and I be interesting in hearing how you do.icon7.gif

Weekends are so hard to be good! I finally broke down and re-signed up for Weight Watchers online. I'm a free lifetime member so I can go to meetings, but journaling is not my stong suit. I seem to do better by putting all my food into my online journal and it calculate my points. So far, I've done great this week--but with the weekend looming it will be difficult.

I too am starving this morning and I'm even breaking into my lunch early (it's 11:45). I need an anti-hunger pill and I'd do much better with this. Best of luck all of you over the weekend and I be interesting in hearing how you do.icon7.gif

Janice - I'm in the same boat - I'm a lifetime member, but I've been thinking of biting the bullet and joining online as well to see if I can do any better that way - it's 5:00 on Saturday - I've been good so far, but am going out to dinner tonight with my DH. Good luck to everyone this week-end!

Kim.

Kim--FANTASTIC! Getting through a weekend without gaining is a huge accomplishment. I'm pretty happy too that I have lost over the last week and didn't gain any over the weekend. I had gained 2 since we started this thread to 149 and now I'm back to 145 so I'm very thrilled. I think using the online tracking of my points is key for me. We haven't had much in the way of social events in the last week either so that helps me stay on track as well. Good luck on the continued downward trend!

I'm former lifetime---10 lbs above goal weight now, so I'm waddling back into the meetings, which I love. We have the funniest leaders and a great group---Sat am, either 7:30 or 9, depending on when I get my oversize behind out of the bed.

Men ALWAYS lose faster. Here's my theory:

Ladies,

Even when we're not officially counting points and active in WW, aren't we still CONSTANTLY aware of what we're eating, and for the most part, trying to be "good"?

Whereas men don't seem to give it a moment's thought until they decide to join. They have so many "bad" things to give up----munchies, cookies, beer, cheeseburgers, etc. Other than the occassional lite beer (and much more frequent white wine), I don't have ANY of those things to give up. They cut out the munchies for a week, and especially with the salty water retaining chips, they drop 5 pounds without blinking!

I won't weigh in until Saturday a week from now, but I'll report in when I do.:D

Thanks Janice, and congrats to you as well! I keep saying that I'm going to sign up to do my tracking online and haven't had a chance to yet - I think I'll try to get it set up today. We're both about the same weight wise - I was up to 147 and today when I weighed myself I was at 142 - I'm really going to celebrate (with a diet pepsi of course!), when I break the 140 mark.

The very best of luck to you too!

krazy4kruzin - I agree, men never watch what they eat until they really buckle down and diet, while us women are always keeping an eye out for calories! I also has a trainer tell me once that when men gain - it's usually directly in the belly area, while women gain right from the bottom of our thighs right up to our chest - that's really not fair! I'm glad you have such a great support group at your meetings!

Have a great day!

Kim.

Sheila - I glad to hear that your feeling better, being sick isn't a great way to lose weight!

Well, I was really good this week, and was on the treadmill twice a day - I was at 145 when we started this thread, weighed in today at 141.5, so with all the "ups and downs" lately, I'm down a total of 3.5 lbs. As long as the numbers on the scale keep going down - I'll be happy!

Good luck with your weigh-in everybody - and have a great week-end!

Kim.

Archived