Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Hi girls! I've been under a lot of stress, so guess what? I've been eating junk! Why is food our crutch? I'm so mad at myself! I really need to get back on program. I'm not even going to weigh this week. I know I've probably gained.

I'm so proud of y'all for resisting the Halloween candy. I wish I could say the same. :o

GLCAS ~ I do the on-line version and really like it. However, you really have to be disciplined. See above.

Kim ~ I need to get some cookbooks also. I'd like the recipe for the lemon squares. Not that I NEED them right now. LOL

I am a little intimidated by counting points etc. Will I have lots of info on-line with WW.?? I guess I should just try it:rolleyes:. I should just commit:) I need to lose and South Beach didn't really work for me and I found I was really sick of so much meat and salad. My DH lost lots and kept most off. I did lose belly fat but on the scales it didn't change that much for a month of strict following. I lost with WW after my two DD's, but that was 15 years ago............I hope now that I'm over 40 it will still work for me. Any thoughts??

I am a little intimidated by counting points etc. Will I have lots of info on-line with WW.?? I guess I should just try it:rolleyes:. I should just commit:) I need to lose and South Beach didn't really work for me and I found I was really sick of so much meat and salad. My DH lost lots and kept most off. I did lose belly fat but on the scales it didn't change that much for a month of strict following. I lost with WW after my two DD's, but that was 15 years ago............I hope now that I'm over 40 it will still work for me. Any thoughts??

Our story sounds the same. I was doing South Beach for 2 years and only lost 10 lbs. I had previously lost 40 lbs on WW. I decided that I needed more structure and that's why I joined WW online. My first week, I lost 4 lbs! That is after being on a plateau with South Beach for at least 3 months. WW works great, but you HAVE to stick with it. I find that plugging in my food every day helps tremendously. If I stay within my point range, I lose at least one pound a week. If I cheat some, I only lose about 1/2 lb.

I'm now 41 and have an awful metobolism from yo-yo dieting for years. WW does work for me so I think it will work for you.

One of the main reasons that I prefer WW over SB is that when I would eat ONE thing that was on the approved list on SB, I'd gain! With WW, I can eat a whole big meal and not gain. I won't lose much that week, but I don't gain.

I've been really bad this week so I haven't weighed. I plan on starting anew on Sunday. We are going to the Alabama vs. Mississippi State football game on Saturday and I know I won't stick with WW.

How is everyone else doing?

I think I am doing good! Still haven't got a new scale, but I have been following the plan, still havent' eaten any chocolate and am still doing my running program!! Now, if I can make it through the weekend!!

connie

Hi Girls! It has been so crazy at work and home lately that I didn't even have the chance to "weigh in" on Thursday! I took today off work just to have the opportunity to have a little "down" time.

I did get on the scale last Thursday - was at 135, so I had lost the 1/2 lb. I had gained the week before, but I'm really starting to get frustrated with myself. I'll be down to 135 by Thursday, then gain 2-3 lbs. over the week-end, and lose them to be back down to 135 during the week - good for maintenance, but not for losing!

I'm really going to try to be good on the week-end as well, January is coming fast and I would have like to have lost another 8-10 lbs. by then.

GLCAS - I agree with Sheila, if I stay within my point range (which I haven't been on the week-ends lately!), then I will lose 1-2 lbs. per week. Sure and steady is always the best, but you do have to stick with it.

Connie - glad to hear your doing so well - I'm going to have to start following your lead and start losing again.

Sheila - I'll find the lemon square recipe and post it here - they are really good - and 2 points a square. It seems we're both having a difficult time of it at the moment - but I know that we will both get everything together and start seeing the numbers on the scale going down!

Have a good week everyone, LOL

Kim.

Kim ~ I sure hope you're right! Great job on losing 1/2 lb!! I think you and I are on the same maintenance plan. LOL

Sheila - I think so too! Isn't it frustrating? We were doing so well up until now, I know that we'll stick to it and start seeing the numbers going down again.

Have a great week!:D

Kim.

Good Morning!

Kim, good job on the 1/2 lb!

Well, I was doing good, but now I seemed to have joined you girls on the maintenance plan, I don't know what is wrong with me, it is so aggrevating! I am not giving up, I have decided to up my exercise time, hopefully that will do somthing!!!

Connie

Hi Gals! It's been a while since I've posted as we have been sick at my house with strep throat (for my 2 daughters) and a nasty cold that lingers for me. Also been very stressful lately. Glad to hear everyone made it thru Halloween without truly blowing it. One big holiday down and 2 more major ones to go.

I haven't been good about tracking my food online or points lately, but I have lost more weight. I'm down to 141.0 and holding. So I'm down 6 since joining this group. I even got down to 139.6 (the 130's I haven't seen in years--I was shocked!). The stress has done this and being sick I'm afraid so I hope to keep it off. I haven't been able to exercise either, but hope to pick that up again when I'm feeling better.

Good Morning everyone,

Janice, hope you are all feeling better, strep throat is no fun!!

Well, I had another bad weekend, not so much with food, but we went out with friend and had a bit to much to drink Sat. and Sunday watching football with them. I have noticed we are all posting alot let frequently, I am going to try to post more, it will help me keep on track (at least I hope so:eek: )

Connie

Connie--Glad to hear from you on the board. Did notice we've all been posting less also. It's been pretty busy at my end--but no excuse. I'm still a bit under the weather and therefore not eating much and not exercising either. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Those are hard to have and try to loose weight IMHO. Anytime I drink the scale seems to go right up. Anyway, hope to talk more soon.

Hi WW buddies!! I too was bad over the weekend! Why can't we seem to make it through the weekends without stuffing our faces? :confused: I did eat well yesterday and exercised. I also added 10 minutes to my workout.

Janice ~ I hate to hear you've been sick and under stress. I can relate, girl! Get better soon and take care of yourself.

Kim & Connie ~ How are you doing? :D

Hi Girls!

I agree, we have been posting a lot less lately, but it's been soooooo busy!

I was bad over the week-end too - I was out eating and drinking with friends - even caved and had an alcholic drink with ice cream! :eek: I took care of cheating on the diet with sugar, fat and alcohol all in one drink!!

I paid for it too - got on the scale Sunday night, and believe it or not I was up to 139.5 from 135 on Thursday! I just felt like crying - but I deserved it. I'm was back down to 136.5 this morning - hopefully I can at least be back to 135 by Thursday. Still on maintenance instead of losing, and it's getting closer and closer to my sail date. I just found out as well that my office Christmas Party is December 3rd, and I was hoping to wear one of my formal night dresses to the party, without the tummy - well.......we'll see how it goes

Janice - hope you and your family are all feeling better. My oldest daughter is getting over strep throat right now as well - it's the first time she's been sick since she moved out - even though she's 22, I still worry about her! Congrats on the weight lose, although it's not a great way to lose it.

Connie - I agree, I'm going to try my best to post more - and get back on track with the weight loss!

Sheila - Well, again - it looks like we're all still having a tough time of it on the week-ends - hopefully we can get through a couple of them and keep the weight loss up during the week!

Have a great week everyone!

Kim.

Good morning everyone,

Janice-sorry to hear you are still feeling bad, hang in there!

Shiela-Thats great you added 10 minutes to your work out, that should help! I have been very good with working out, and also have added time, it's the eating that kills me!!

Kim-the drink sounds awesome:D At least you are maintaining! It could be worse.

Do any of you watch the biggest loser? It is amazing to watch them change each week.

Connie

Kim--You must indulge on occasion--so don't feel bad. You've gotten right back into it and back on the downward trend so keep up the good work. I agree that weekend (and their eating out/socializing) is what kills me. I'm sure that is a big part to my loosing since I haven't done much of that lately.

I'm still holding at 140.4 and would love to see the 130's again, but I'm still not back into working out so it will be difficult to maintain this weight let alone loose.

Connie-I love the biggest looser. My 5 year old daughter and I watch it every week. I agree that their transformations are amazing! If I only had a personal trainer 7 days a week--how we could all look???!!!

Good morning, girls! I'm still being good with WW and exercise. So far, it hasn't paid off. Oh well... it has to come off eventually! I guess I should be glad I'm maintaining. I normally gain around 10 lbs this time of year. We have too many football parties and then all of the holidays. I know y'all can relate. ;)

Connie ~ I LOVE "The Biggest Loser"!!!! I cried and cried last night. I wanted Dr. Jeff to win so bad. He's such a sweet guy and sooo caring! I'd love to be his patient. I try to do the NordicTrack while watching it because it keeps me motivated.

Kim ~ See above! LOL I have Bunco tomorrow night AND another football party Saturday night. Of course, I'll eat like a Queen on Thanksgiving and then comes the Christmas parties, etc. I'll be lucky to not gain anything between now and Jan 2nd!

Janice ~ I think you're doing great! I wish I weighed what you do.

Hi everyone, I still didn't get a new scale, that is my mission next week! I have been doing good (since the weekend:rolleyes: ) My aunt and uncle are coming tomorrow until Sunday , and Sunday my husband brother and his wife are here for a week. Whenever we have company we also have alot more temptations around!

I didn't want Dr. Jeff to go either, he is so nice! It was really nice what Matt said about him, talking about Matt, what a difference with the haircut and weightloss!! Like you said Janice, if we only had a personal trainer 7 days a week!! Oh, and nothing else to do all day but work out!

Connie

Hi Everyone!

I watch the biggest loser every week as well! I usually go on the treadmill while I watch. I didn't want Doctor Jeff to go either - he was such a nice guy! Did everyone see the episode when he was trying to convince everyone to send him home so his friend could stay - how many people would do that I wonder? - and last week, when he started to cry while he was hugging his daughters.....it's really hard to run on a treadmill and cry at the same time - trust me I know after watching that episode!

I got on the scale today - was up to 139 on Sunday!:eek: So I wasn't expecting too much - but I lost 1/2 a lb. - down to 134.5, so that is really going to help to motivate me, I was really feeling frustrated - but then I look at this board and read all the encouragment you guys all give me, and I always feel much better! Thank you!!:D

I've had a pretty depressing couple of weeks - I've been to 3 funerals (one friends fatheer, another friends step-father, and my best friends grandmother). On top of all that, my boss - who is a very good friend as well had to put her very much loved dog down. She is divorced, and her daughter just moved out on her own last year - so to lose the dog was devistating for her. Just to top it all off - my father-in-law has an anourism and is being operated on December 14th, and my sister-in-law was just admitted into the hospital yesterday. She's had phnemonia for almost a month now, and none of the medications seem to be working. They're running tests to see what's going on. As I'm typing this, I can't believe it's all happened within the last couple of weeks!

Connie - Good kuck with all of your visitors! I agree with you - I bet we would all be at our ideal weight with a 7 day a week trainer. Whenever I envy all of those skinny, toned movie stars, my DH always reminds me that it's their job to look like that, they work out all day when getting ready for a particular part, etc., and can have chefs prepare their low-fat meals - unfortunately we have to deal with all the "real life" stuff while trying to fit in a work-out, or make time to eat properly!

Sheila - It's great that your doing so well with the diet and exercise - keep it up! I know that your going to see a change all at once - I know I seem to hit plateaus, then seem to lose all at once. I made it through our thanksgiving, but seem to have something going on every week-end from now until Christmas that seem to involve alcohol and food! We'll just have to try to pull on our will-power reserves and not come down too hard on ourselves when we "give-in" now and then.

Janice - I hope your feeling 100 percent really soon. Thanks for the encouragement - it really helped!

Well it looks like I'm writing a novel, so I'm going now! Have a great "guilt-free" week-end everyone!

Kim.

Kim Great job on the 1/2 pound loss! Sorry to hear about all the depressing things going on. It seems to go like that, when somthing happens everything hits. In June, we moved from Kansas to DC area, but went to Florida for about a month to visit family and DH and I went on our 20th anniversary cruise. My parents offered to watch the boys. 2 of my sons got sick, then my mom got sick, the morning of the cruise I had to go to a clinic (throat infection) well, we went on the cruise, my mom ended up in ICU almost the whole week (my dad emailed me and lied and said she was fine) she had pnemonia and emphazima from smoking for 45 years (she hasnt smoked since JUne) so we get home from the cruise, then my DH gets bronchitis. Then I tried to light a gas grill and it blew up in my face (burnt my nose, eyebrows, eyelashes) (I am all healed now, can't tell) Then my grandmom (mom's mom) passed away, then my mom fell and broke her arm and had to have surgery!! this was all between the end of June and middle of august! But since then all is well! Now look who is writing a book!! Anyway, have a great day. Connie

Kim--I'm so sorry to hear of your current dilema's--that is so much to handle in such a short time. Keeping your motivation going and exercising is terrific.

Connie--You too survived a terrible couple of months and have a great attitude now--keep up the great work. did you get a scale yet? I don't think I could survive without my daily weigh in.

Sheila--How are your health issues? Are you feeling better these days?

I'm feeling much better than last week and therefore eating has picked up as well. My recent develop is that my DH less the D has moved out (temporarily or not, not sure yet). He has a lot of personal issues he is trying to work thru and I can't believe he wants to throw away our family life and marriage. Lots of details, but don't have enough time to write that novel here. Anyway, I'm over the shock of it (I think) and moving forward to make a good life for my 2 young daughters (4 and 6). Still haven't had any time to get a work out in since I'm now 100% into taking care of the girls. Its a bit more time consuming, but I'm managing. Want to squeeze in a walk on the treadmill or ride the stationary bike this weekend. Anyway, although I wish it was due to my strong will power, my recent weight loss is really from the stress of the last few weeks. My appetite is coming back and I'm eating a bit more again. The scale is saying 140.8 so I'm happy, but I don't want it to go up any (with the holidays approaching) so I have to get some exercise in and I must get back to counting my points.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi girls! Bunco was fine last night. I ate small portions and the scale stayed the same so I'm ok.

Janice ~ I just want to say that I'm sorry that you are going through this with your family. You sound as if you are coping and for that, I'm glad. Just please take time for yourself. I know your girls need you more than ever right now, but you also need "me" time. I hope you have someone close to you that can watch your girls for at least an hour. We are here for you whenever you need to talk. It doesn't have to be about WW or losing weight. We are a support system for anything. Take care, honey! You'll be in my thoughts.

I am doing fine. I had an MRCP last Friday and get the results with the GI doctor on Tuesday. I have only been hurting a little bit so I'm okay. My back seems to have gotten over its bad spell and feels better also. I go for epidural injections on Dec. 2nd. Thanks for asking!

Kim ~ Wow! You've really had a lot going on. Take care of yourself also and don't get too stressed. As I said to Janice, we are here for you. {{{HUG}}} Congrats on losing the weight...every little bit helps! :D

Connie ~ Gosh, I'm sure glad things for you have settled! Your June sounds like my April/May. My FIL fell and had a severe brain injury and was in ICU for 3 weeks. During that time, my mother got pneumonia and almost died. She was in ICU for one week. This all took place one month before my cruise! We didn't even know if we were going. FIL and mom are fine now. FIL still has some recovering to do, but he's walking, talking, and getting back to normal life things. His personality is a little different, but I could care less. We still have him and for that I will always be grateful to God.

Anyway, it just seems like we all have a lot of life challenges that can affect our WOE and we need to stay strong. We have a support system here that we can all utilize. I don't know what I'd do without everyone's support on LBYC! :D

Sheila--Weekends definitely are killers. I have been in the baking mood lately and finally broke down and made a cake (from a box). I substituted applesauce for the oil and egg substitute for the eggs to help reduce the calories a little, but cake is still cake. It is tasty. I just have to tell myself that I don't have to eat some every day. Usually with my husband around I don't have to worry too much with the sweets as he devours them quickly. But I figure you must have treats (in small portions) some of the time. Didn't get on the treadmill or stationary bike like I'd wanted to this weekend, but cut the lawn and did much needed cleaning out of some baby clothes. Anyway, not too bad for a weekend--I'm only up 1/2 pound.

We have just a couple of days to be extra good so we can enjoy Thursday so I'm trying to keep that in mind. Sheila--I'm also going to try for just small portions. I know we can do it!

Archived