Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Janice ~ Unfortunately, I'm like your DH. I love sweets! It is sooo hard to have them in the house and not eat them. I try to keep WW desserts on hand so I'll eat those instead of things like ice cream and cake. We'll definitely have to watch our portions. Good luck! :D

Hi Everyone! Well....another week-end that I gained! I'm really going to have to find a little more will power during the week-end!

Janice - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Men seem to go through having to "find themselves" to some degree at some point in their lives. My husband and I were seperated for 9 months 18 years ago when he had to "sort things out". I know how difficult it is right now, if you need to talk any time, just let me know. Try to remember how lucky you are to have 2 beautiful daughters to help you through this - I know my daughter saved me at the time. As Sheila said, we're here for you, not just WW, you are in all of our thoughts. Take care hon.

Sheila - as you have read, my week-end was the usual eat-fest! I think I'm going to try to plan my meals for the week-end ahead of time and see if that helps this week-end. I'm so glad to hear that your FIL is recovering from his fall, and happy to hear that your in a little less pain. Let us know how the test results are tomorrow.

Connie - Sounds like your summer was eventful to say the least! Glad to hear your mom has quit smoking - I know how tough it is to quit, I smoked for 24 years (started at 15!) and quit 6 years ago. I was going to try to quit at 40, but had a respitory infection that scared me into giving it up a year early. I still crave it now and then.

Well girls, good luck on Thursday, (I already ate my way through our Thanksgiving)!:rolleyes:

Kim.

Hey everyone, just checking in real quick. I had a good ww weekend but blew it yesterday ! We went into DC for the day with out company, now they want to go back today! I am behind in everything but wanted to say hi real quick, and if I don't get back on before Thursday, have a great day, and we will all have to remember "portion control":eek:

Connie

Hello to all and I want to thank each of you for your kind words of support-it means a lot. All the support I get these days really helps. I'm a bit stronger emotionally now than I was a few weeks ago when this all hit so I think time is helping. Still no idea of what will happen next for us as he tries to figure himself out. I too have to make a decision as to what I want, but I'm waiting for him in order to see if he wants to fight for our marriage or not. If he isn't interested in fighting for it, then I am not going to do it alone. I'm just going to try to get thru the holidays and re-evaluate come the first of the new year. Big decision for me is whether to include him on the cruise we have scheduled for March! Final payment is due Jan. 4th so I still have time up until then to cancel his portion and not loose any $. My sister and her DH and 2 kids are also going so I wouldn't be all alone with my 2 girls. Anyway, thanks for listening and again for your support.

I'm going to my sister's house for the big day and her house is always filled with tons of goodies! Not good as I tend to graze constantly at her house for some reason. Maybe I should try chewing gum all weekend! But like you gals, I am going to try very hard for portion control. Good luck and happy turkey day everyone!

Hello all! I was MUCH better yesterday with my eating. I really watched what I put into my mouth. I turned down all kinds of cookies and candy. :D

Kim ~ I'm really not looking forward to this Thanksgiving. Isn't that awful? I've never felt this way before. I guess my food addiction is fading. Wasn't your Thanksgiving in Oct.? I'm glad you got through it okay.

Janice ~ I'm glad you're doing better emotionally. I know the holidays will be difficult, but you can do it. You take care of yourself.

Connie ~ Yes, portion control is the key!!!

Hi Girls,

I'm on the run, but just wanted to ask - DID YOU SEE THE BIGGEST LOSER! It sucked that the 2 women were below that line - but I know Suzie is going to give them a run for their money! Did you see when they stood next to their "old selfs" - what a difference, they didn't look like the same people. Matt just kept me crying the whole 2nd half - can you believe that he lost 109 lbs.!

Anyway - just wanted to wish you all a happy thanksgiving - your right Sheila, I already ate my way through ours back in October!

Gotta run, good luck with weigh in!

Kim.

Hello all, I am new to this thread and wanted to read some strategies for weight loss. I am doing WW and have lost 17 lbs so far in 7 weeks. I am sure I will be tapering off and i dont want to get discouraged. That happened last time......I keep repeating "Quitting is not an option" over and over. Easy to do now, as I am still losing, but what if God forbid I gain?:( And this week would be the "perfect time" for it, Thanksgiving and all. Trying to stay active, but that is hard too with so much going on with the holidays....OK I am done B-ing and Moaning. Happy Thanksgiving all. :)

Hi Everyone,

Brandylaw - Welcome! Wow - 17 lbs. so far - that's fantastic! Just keep doing what your doing and the lbs. will keep coming off! As long as I watch my points, the weight comes off, my problem lately is that I'm being bad on the week-ends, then being good again during the week - keeping my weight the same, instead of going down. Just watch your points and you'll do great!

How was everyone's thanksgiving? Now that we have all gotten through it, we can try to get back on track until Christmas!

I weighed in on Thursday - 135 lbs. - again, (surprise,surprise!) I have to start to have more will power on the week-ends!!

Have a great week everyone!

Kim.

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, I had company for the last week, and we were on the go so much, I was exhausted!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I haven't counted points in over a week and still haven't got a new scale:eek: I tried to make good choice and keep the portions smaller than I wanted, but back to being strict today!

Brandylaw-Welcome!! 17 pound is great, I have been struggling, I loose a few then gain them back! I feel like I am gettin nowhere, but at least I am not gaining!

Kim-I did watch the biggest loser, seeing them next to their old selves was amazing!! Matt gets me crying to!!

Well, gotta get to work!

Connie

Hi girls! I hope all of you had a great Turkey Day! I was awful with WW and gained 2 lbs. It will be off by the end of the week though. I'm really trying to maintain right now. I have way too many parties to attend during the holidays.

Brandylaw ~ Welcome!!!! You've done great so far. You can't give up now!! ;)

Kim ~ I need to stop cheating on the weekends also, but it is sooo hard right now!

Happy Monday to all! I'm so happy to report that I'm the same 141.0 as I was pre-Thanksgiving! I didn't count points but as we discussed, I watched my portions. Dutch Apple pie a la mode was way too good! Just one more piece left (and I may even freeze it). So back to watching it again. I still can't seem to get motivated to count points or exercise. Just way too much to do these days. Did go for a short walk with my girls yesterday, but that was it. I need to get up before work and exercise otherwise it just doesn't get done. Now that it is cold--getting out from the warm bed is way too difficult.

Brandylaw--Welcome and keep up the great work. You may hold steady for a week or so, but getting back on track is the way to go for the long haul. You're doing great!

Janice-great job staying the same!! I can't seem to get motivated to count points either! And the excericise thing:eek: I was doing good, but with the weather getting colder, I have been bad (we had snow Thanksgiving eve!!) I have been trying to volunteer at the rec center by my house, if you do, you get to use the gym free. I have left messages to the volunteer co-ordinater several times and he never calls me back, I am getting iritated! I guess I will have to go in person! Connie

Connie--great on a successful day--getting back into it is half the battle. I had an ok day yesterday. Still having some leftovers from the holiday. I too can't wait to see the Biggest Looser tonight. Had almost forgotten about it until you mentioned it. I have to hustle when I get home as I have to pack to go to CA for a couple of days for work. Traveling always hurts my dieting as it is so hard to eat out 3 meals a day and stay the same let alone loose. I'm going to try for portion control again and lots of soup/salads.

If I don't check in the next few days--keep up the good work gals!

Good Morning everyone!

Janice-have a safe trip! I know what you mean about traveling and dieting, everytime we move we are in hotels for weeks, I always gain a few even when I think I am doing good!

Did you gals watch the biggest loser? I can't beleive how great they look, it makes me jealous!! They look like totally different people. (except for that one gal) If anything motivates me, I think seeing that will!!

Connie

Connie and Sheila--Thanks for the good trip wishes. It should be a nice break for me from the stuff going on at home. I too watched and was awestruck by the Biggest Loosers! It goes to show that it can be done. They look awesome and I hope that it will inspire me. I brought my workout clothes so I'm hoping to get a workout in or 2 while traveling.

Sheila--Awesome about loosing the turkey weight--and its only Wed.! That is great--keep up the good work.

Talk to everyone when I get back.

Hi everyone! I have been having a super stressful week at work, and I'll admit it - I went out to lunch today with a co-worker and had a BLT.....and Fries! Sometimes you just have to treat yourself, I just hope I don't hate myself in the morning!

Sheila - that's great about the thanksgiving weight loss! How are you feeling these days - do you have any new test results?

Janice - have a safe - and weight-gain free trip!

Connie - I know what you mean about being good until the next party - it doesn't take much to have me cheating this time of year!

My office Christmas party is this Saturday - I would love to lose a lb. or 2 before then - but eating french fries sure isn't going to do it!

They have just called an election here in Canada - we're going to be on our cruise when everyone votes. We'll just have to vote at advance polling, but it seems wierd that we are going to find out who the leader of our Country is in the middle of the Carribbean!

Have a great week ladies!!

Kim.

Hi girls! Still holding on strong with WW right now. I sure hope I can keep it up this weekend! Keep your fingers crossed.

I guess I forgot to tell y'all about my test results. The GI doc didn't find anything so he "thinks" it could be irritable bowel syndrome. He actually said that that diagnosis was only because he couldn't find anything else. So, he's added another drug to my list. I'm beginning to think that all of these drugs I'm on are what's making me sick. My neurologist added two new ones for my back pain. So, I've decided to not take them all and see what happens. If I take the back pain pills, my stomach hurts. So, I hurt no matter what and I'm used to the back pain so I'll just let it hurt. The back pain is also the reason I haven't been able to exercise lately. I'll be having some eipdural injections tomorrow for the pain so I hope to start back exercising soon. Wish me luck!! :D

Thanks for the congrats on losing the Thanksgiving weight. It really was easy because I was just watching my points.

Kim ~ I read about the Canadian elections. My goodness!

Hi everyone, Hope you all had a great weekend. I did real good Friday and Saturday, Sunday not as good! WE went to watch football and I had some drinks and a few cheese fries:eek: I just can't seem to say no to them. I didn't eat as many as I normally would, does that count?:p

Connie

Hi Connie! I'm here!! I've been very busy at work and home so I haven't had much time to post. I'm doing great with WW and I'm really surprised!! I didn't gain anything over the weekend and I'm actually down 1/2 lb today. :D Let's just hope I can keep it up over the next few weeks. I'm off from Christmas to New Years so that will be tough.

Don't sweat eating the few "no-no's" watching football. I've been eating some "no-no's" also, but not many. Those Hershey's Kisses filled with caramel are killing me! I'm allowing myself 2 a day. Before, I would've eaten 20 at one sitting. :eek:

Take care!!!

Hi to all! Like you Connie and Sheila, I'm very busy at work right now and of course lots going on at home as well with the holidays, kids birthdays, etc.

Sheila--that is totally terrific that you are following the points and as we all know that if you do that you see results! For this time of year you should really be proud of yourself for doing that and loosing.

I survived my trip to CA without gaining any weight. I'm thrilled with that as we even had to eat at some great restaurants where I could have easily chowed down. Tried to remember our mantra of "portion control". I also road my stationary bike for the first time in 6 weeks and hit the gym once Monday when I took a day of vacation from work. Now I'm now 1/2 lb. so I'm excited. I still can't seem to get motivitated to count points. But this seems to be working so I'll try to stick with it. When the scale goes up then I really have to get back to the points.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Archived