Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Good Morning everyone, Hope you all had a good weekend. Sheila, at least you didn't gain any weight! After Friday night I have done good all weekend. I haven't gotten on the scale because I am really bloated and don't want to be dissappointed. Hopefully by Thursday I will be back to normal! Well, have to run I have a sick son that I have to get to the doctors! Connie

Hi Everyone!

Well....I got through our thanksgiving week-end and didn't do too badly. Gained 1.5 lbs. What was REALLY frustrating though was that for the actual thanksgiving dinner we had on Sunday I tried to be good, even adding on the 1 piece of pie and gravy I didn't do too badly for the day, but when I got on the scale Monday morning I had gained 1 lb. - I was so discouraged from that I gave in and had peanuts, then Kentucky Fried Chicken with friends last night! (I probably haven't had that for about 3 years)! I crossed my fingers when I got on the scale this morning, and had only gained another .5 lb.....go figure!!:confused:

I guess that is why they suggest you weigh in once a week instead of every day - but I can't help it!

Connie - I do the same thing as you - I'll steal one or two of someone elses fries at a restaurtant. I hope your son is o.k., there is so much going around this time of year!

Sheila - Hope your feeling better - although, it just goes to show how healthy you must have been eating for your system to react like that! (I was really nervous about my body going the same route in retaliation of the greasy chicken & fries last night - so far, so good).

It sounds like we all may have "given in" a little on the week-end, but that's o.k. - I'm sure by weigh-in day we'll all be back on track!!

Have a great week everybody!

Kim.

Kim ~ Great job for Thanksgiving. I hope you and your family had a wonderful time. I'm better today...thanks for asking.

Connie ~ I have been stuck for the past couple of weeks as far as the weight goes. However, I'm still losing inches. I'm wearing some pants that I couldn't wear a couple of weeks ago today. :D

Good Morning everyone,

Kim, glad you survived the weekend! I know what you mean about the scale, I also have a very hard time not weighin myself everyday, and it fluctuates so much it drives me nuts!! I read somewhere once just eating a dill pickle will make your weight go up 1 pound the next day, but then it goes back down!

Thanks for asking about my son, he has an ear infection. I am glad I took him, he is 14 and is good at acting sicker than he is to stay home from school!

Connie

Hi to all. Kim-you sure sounded like you did great considering all the great foods for the holiday weekend that I bet were available.

Sheila--just remember--muscle weighs more than fat and if you're loosing inches that is great. eventually the pounds will drop again.

I did good over the weekend and even lost, but last night was a killer. I hit the ice cream and then since that didn't quench my sweet tooth, I ate half of a pop tart. I'm PMS'ing and sweets are calling my name. Needless to say--scale is up today from Monday morning. Trying to have a better day today and drink lots of water. Any ideas for sweet tooth cravings????

Good morning! I finally lost.... 1/2 lb. Oh joy! :D As I mentioned earlier, I've been having stomach issues, which I thought was brought on by over-eating. Well, it wasn't that because my stomach (not abdominals) is still hurting. I went to the doc yesterday and he's ordered a CT of the stomach and pancreas. I had an EGD last year at this time because I had the same symptoms and it was normal. Gastro said that maybe my stomach and esophogus were spasming and they put me on Bentyl. Well, that ain't working any longer. :( I'll keep y'all updated.

Connie ~ How is your DS? Any better?

How did everyone else do on the weigh-in?

Sheila--Well that is good news and bad news. Great about the 1/2 loss--every bit counts and bad about your stomach problems. Hope you can get to the bottom of it and feel better very soon. Keep us posted.

I'm almost the same as last week (143.8 now vs. 144.0) but starting that bloated time of the month so I'm hoping some is water weight. Had a good points day yesterday and worked out this morning. Here's to another good points day!

How's everyone else doing?

Good Morning

Well, I am up 2 lbs, 168 but it is that TOM and I always gain a few, and it always upsets me, you would think I would learn to accept it!

Sheila-Great job on the 1/2 pound, every bit helps! I hope everything is ok with your stomach, it is frustrating when you know somthing is wrong and can't figure out what it is or how to treat it! My son is home again today, he just can't shake it, he has been feeling dizzy, I guess from the ear infection.

Janice, somthing for the sweet tooth I do is take choclate graham crackers (break 1 sheet in half) and spread with fat free cool whip, wrap in saran wrap and freeze. It is like an ice cream sandwich and only about 1.5 points. My kids really like it. I got it from a WW meeting years ago.

Have a great day! Connie

Connie--Hang in there on the weight gain. My time too. Just keep drinking lots of water. That seems to help it come off faster. Thanks for the treat idea--sounds fabulous. Going to try it after I go to the store next and get the ingredients. Hope you son is feeling better. I have a tendency to get dizzy from any sort of sinus or cold infection so I know he is not feeling very well. I'm trying to think of the medicine that the doctor prescribed to me to help with that. Turns out I had some already that was over the counter. Meclizine (sp?) I believe. Maybe check with a pharmacist if the dizzyness continues. That can take weeks and even months to totally go away. His inner ear is causing that due to the infection making his balance off.

Back to work I must go.....

Connie ~ Thanks for the idea about the graham crackers and Cool Whip. I get dizzy also from sinus pressure. I take Antivert, which is the prescription strength of Meclizine (sp?) or Bonine. I hope you son gets better soon. It is not fun being sick and dealing with the dizzies. I bet your gain will be gone in a couple of days. Hang in there!

Janice ~ Thanks for the concern. I'll be fine. :D Great job on the loss. Every little bit helps.

Thanks for the info on the medicine for dizziness. That seems to be going away, now he is just all clogged up and can't hear to well, he did go to school today.

I had a good day yesterday, I think I am back on track! I am gonna try to not eat out at all this weekend, that is where I always backtrack!

Connie

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted lately, my computer crashed at home, and I haven't had the opportunity to check the boards at work, (they expect me to just use my computer there for work only, silly them!) But when it gets busy like this week, it's difficult to sneak on!

I weighed in on Thursday, lost 1 lb. - down to 136. I'm glad that I'm slowly losing, but at this rate it will be tough to get through Christmas and then my January cruise at my goal rate - I guess I'm going to have to really pump it up before I go bathing suit shopping!!

Connie - glad to hear your son was feeling well enough to head back to school. I always seem to gain on the week-ends as well, even if I don't go out to eat.....there seems to be plenty of food to cheat with at home. Thanks for the sweet tooth idea - I'm going to try it when I get groceries tomorrow. Keep with it - I'm sure the small gain was because it was that TOM and will be gone within a few days.

Janice - here's a recipe I've used to satisfy that "sweet tooth"

Wafflewiches: 2 frozen low-fat whole wheat waffles (like Eggo Nutri-Grain), 1/2 c. vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt, 1 tbsp.fat free chocolate sauce (like Smuckers). Just toast the waffles, then make a sandwich with the vanilla frozen yogurt in the middle, cut into 4 wedges and drizzle chocolate sauce evenly over the wedges. A serving is 2 wedges, and only 3 points! The recipe is from a WW Cookbook, and it's great.

Sheila - How are you feeling? I hope much better, not feeling good is not a great way to lose weight. Let us know what happens with the scan. Congrats. on the loss.

We're all hangin' in there and doing great! Well, it's after midnight, and I've had a crazy week - time for bed......have a great week everyone!!!

Hi everyone, Hope you are all surviving the weekend!! Kim, Great job on the loss! Is your computer fixed yet? The wafflewiches sound awesome!

We went to Kings Dominion yesterday and I did good, I didn't eat anything in the park, we went to the outback on the way home with our friends, I had a big salad with lite dressing, but I did have a few cheese fries:eek: My family loves them. I just got on the scale and am down 1 pound, so I am happy. Now I just have to loose the other pound I gained and then some by Thursday!!

Connie

Connie - That is fantastic! To not eat any of the goodies around you, then have a salad with light dressing at Outback showed real willpower - sneaking a few cheese fries doesn't count at all! Congrats on being down a lb. - you deserve it!:D

My computer is finally up and running, I've been pretty wishy-washy today - I've probably grabbed about 5 handfuls of chips from a bag that we opened for company last night - if I keep grabbing those handfuls, I might as well of had a bowl! I was up a lb. this morning - which seems to be the norm for me - up a lb. on the week-end, lose it and another lb. (hopefully) during the week.

Well, have a great week everyone!

Kim.

Good morning gals! Great job on the loss Kim. Glad you're back with us now. Great treat idea--will give it a try. But how hard is it just to eat 2 slices???? Sounds so good!

Connie--Excellent will power--you go girl! I am too up a pound from the weekend plus still holding the extra one I gained from TOM last week. Bummer, but starting Monday's I usually kick back in gear. I have to stop grabbing foods (as I make sandwiches for lunches or make dinner, etc). Plus eating at Denny's for breakfast this weekend I'm sure didn't help either. Anyway, I wish everyone the best of luck and good will power this week to make good choices so we can all be happy campers come Thursday!

Good morning, girls! I lost another 1/2 lb over the weekend even though I cheated with Mexican food on Friday night. I only ate 1/2 of the food on the plate so I guess I didn't do too bad.

Congrats to you losers!!! Y'all are doing so great! :D

I'm going to be ill today....as in mood. I have my scan and all I have to eat is beef broth. :( My stomach area is still hurting so I hope they can figure out what's going on. I'll be able to eat dinner tonight and we are having spaghetti (reduced fat/calorie, of course).

Kim ~ Thanks for the recipe. It sounds yummy! I made an ice cream pie Saturday that was real good. I'll have to remember to post the recipe. It is a WW recipe and 4 points.

Sheila--Best of luck with your test today. Hopefully they will find the problem and get you feeling better soon. I guess the good thing about the test is that it should help your weight loss this week--not the best way to go of course. Keep us posted.

Good Morning everyone,

Sheila, hope your test went ok!

I am going to be tested tonight! My kids school is having desert night:eek: It cost $2 each, and you get 3 tickets (1 for each desert you take) I am going to try and not eat any, but bring them home for my DH who is out of town until tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Connie

Connie ~ Good luck with the dessert night!! You can do it!!!

My test went fine yesterday. My stomach area is still hurting, but not constantly. At times it is just uncomfortable, but ok. The radiologist was suppose to read the test yesterday so hopefully I'll hear something soon. I don't look for them to have found anything. Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!! I appreciate all of you so much.

Hi Everyone,

Connie - Hope you got through Dessert night O.K. - evening is the worst time to try to be good!

Sheila - I'm glad to hear that your stomach is at least starting to feel better. Keep us posted!

Weigh in day today, I'm down another lb. to 135 - I'm glad that the scale is down every Thursday, but at 1 lb a week, I'm not going to be at my goal weight for Jan. 20, (and I have to get through Christmas)! I'll just keep working at it, lots of clothes that didn't fit before I'm wearing now, so that keeps me motivated. I bought some clothes for the cruise at end of season sales in the late summer, and purposely bought them a little tight for incentive. They all fit now, but still want to lose some more to try to get rid as much of my tummy as I can. I really want an excuse to buy a new bathing suit!:D

Good luck everybody!!

Kim.

Hi everyone! I lost another 1/2 lb this week, which is pretty good considering I haven't exactly stuck to WW. I think the stomach problem is helping me lose because I can't eat a lot when I do eat. I do have to eat often or it hurts.

I got the results of my CT scan and it said that I have enlarged blood vessels (whatever that means). My family MD is doing an ultrasound and then sending me to a Gastro doc. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Today is my 41st b'day and my MIL made me a Heath Toffee Chocolate cake! :eek: I might be gaining back that 1/2 lb I lost by Monday. Oh my goodness!!! LOL

I'm hosting a Bunco party tonight so I better get going.

Kim ~ Congrats on the loss and fitting into your "skinny" clothes. I'm so proud of you!!!

Congrats on the loss Kim and Sheila! I am back to 166, so lost the 2 pounds I gained but I was hoping to lose more! I have been doing really good, I didn't eat anything at the dessert night Tuesday!

Sheila, I hope they can get you feeling better!

Have a good weekend.

Connie

Archived