Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Sheila-congrats on doing so great!!! We have the Hershey kisses filled with peanut butter, like you I am trying to eat no more than 2 or 3 a day!

Janice-Glad your trip went good! Way to go not gaining!

Well, I still never got a call back from the volunteer co-ordinator of the rec center so I went there today. I am going back for an orientation tomorrow and then I guess I will start. I am going to work in the exercise room and I will get to use all the equipment for free!! I need to get moving, it is so cold outside to walk or jog, we have snow on the ground from Monday night and are supposed to get more Thursday nighT!

Connie

thanks! I had the orientation yesterday, I will start the volunteering next week. I will get full use of the rec center, they have a huge pool, all kinds of excercise classes and a gym. I volunteered to work in the fitness area, if that dosn't motivate me nothing will! They have a system called fitlinxx, you have a 1 1/2 hour meeting with a fitness trainer, they design a work out for you, then whenever you go, there are little screens on all the equipement, you punch in your code and it tells you what you need to do on eachmachine. the trainers can monitor it and check your progress. I signed up for that on Monday, I am really excited!! Well, the kids have a snow day today!!

Have a g reat weekend!

Connie

Connie ~ That rec center equipment sounds awesome! You are so lucky!!! Have a great time.

BTW, I weighed again this AM and lost another 1/2 lb. I think it is because I changed my breakfast. I'm now eating the Quaker Oats Weight Control oatmeal.

Connie--that sounds like a great deal for volunteering! Plus the program sounds like it will be a real motivator too.

Sheila--another 1/2 pd is terrific! What were you eating before for breakfast? I've eaten that oatmeal you mentioned, but like to mix with with plain or regular flavored oatmeal because it has a different texture or something.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Happy Monday! How did everyone do over the weekend? I fared ok,even went out to a nice restaurant Sat. night, but opted for soup and salad (along with my couple of glasses of wine). I'm up about 1 pound from a week ago (I think too much of my daughters birthday cake of which I have to frozen all of the remainder). But hopefully back on track since it is Monday morning.

Hi everyone, I did pretty good t his weekend, survived a party, football! I went to the rec center to get all set up with my workout, I weighed 168, so I will start using the scale there. I have had the weight control oatmeal, I like it. I have been bad lately about eating breakfast, I am just not hungry in the morning.

Today is my middle sons 11th birthday, he wanted a big choclate chip cookie cake. I will try and only have a sliver!

Connie

Hi WW friends! Y'all are going to be sooo mad at me! :o I ate like a pig this past weekend (had two parties and went out to dinner TWICE). Well, I'm down one pound. :confused: I think the reason is because I'm eating a lot of food, but over a long period of time. I never stuff myself anymore. I guess my metabolism is running. Anyway, I sure hope this keeps up over Christmas because I sure don't want to gain anything and I know I'll be cheating.

Janice & Connie ~ Great job on being so good! If I had been good, I might have lost 2 lbs. Oh well. You go, girls!!!

Kim ~ How are you doing?

Hi Everybody!

I'm so sorry I haven't posted lately - it was crazy busy at work last week, as well as at home, then on Friday I caught some kind of bug (isn't that always the way when you let yourself get stressed out and run down?), and I ended up on the couch or in bed all week-end. (With 2 weeks to Christmas, I don't need to tell you guys what bad timing this is! Although my DH just keeps telling me Christmas will happen and everything will be fine, even if I don't have all of the baking done, etc.) I went into work Monday becasue I had appointments, but as soon as they left, I did as well, and haven't moved since! I am going into the office for a meeting at 10:00 tomorrow, then I have a doctor's appointment at 11:20, I'll see how it goes. It's probably just a really bad cold/flu, but this time of year I don't want to take any chances of it being worse and in emergency over the holidays! I also want to feel 100% when we sail away Jan.20th!

My DH's father is going in for surgery tomorrow for an anerism (I have no idea how to spell that!) He will be in ICU for 2 days, then even with everything going well, he won't be out until Christmas Eve! He is like my 2nd dad, and I can't even go to see him with this bug! As well, my sister-in-law has been in the hospital, and has been diagnosed with Wagner's disease. If that wasn't bad enough, when they were running tests, they found a lump in her breast that is cancerous, so we are having a bit of a stressful time at the moment.

So.....that's enough of me rambling, sorry gals, just needed to get some of it off my chest!

Sheila, that's great that you were able to enjoy yourself last week-end and still lose! I just weighed myself and I'm down to 135 in the evening, so I should be less when I weigh in at my usual time tomorrow morning. I haven't been on the treadmill since Friday, any weight loss is purely loss of appetite with this bug!

Connie, it sounds like you have an awsome rec centre! It's great that you can use the equipment because you are volunteering.

Janice, I think only being up a lb. this time of year is great! I'm sure I would be up several lbs. if I hadn't gotten sick!

Well ladies, I'm definitely losing steam - time to go back to bed! Good luck this week!

Kim

Good Morning everyone!

Kim-hope you are feeling better soon! Sorry to hear about your FIL and SIL. My grandmom had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance yesterday. She has some kind of obstruction. I think they will do surgery today.

Sheila-way to go, eat and loose!! I am definatley not doing that great. I am doing better than normally this time of year, but not what I should be doing! LIke I said before, if I can make it thur the month without gaining it would be great. I think starting to exercise again will definately help.

Well, gotta go pack lunches!

Connie

Kim ~ I am sooooo sorry you've been going through so much! I hope you feel better soon. Listen to your DH! I'll keep your FIL and SIL in my thoughts and prayers. Congrats on being down to 135. I am so jealous! Take care of yourself.

Connie ~ You are doing a great job also. I figure if we all just maintain through holidays, or even gain 1-2 lbs, we'll be doing good. I'm sure I'll gain over the next 2 weeks. I'm off the whole week after Christmas. I just hope I can keep myself busy and not think about food.

Keep up the good work, everyone!!! :D

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your kind words and support - I'm feeling a little better today - the doctor put me on anti-biotics. I was starting to panic, next week is the busiest week of my year, and this bug really took alot out of me, I'm still feeling weak if I try to do a whole lot more than lay on the couch, but I'm sure now that I'm on the anti-biotics I'll feel better every day. My FIL got through his surgery yesterday - is in ICU until tomorrow. The anerism was larger then they first thought, and he was in surgery for 5 hours - but is doing great so far.

Connie, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmom - I hope everything is o.k. - let us know how she is doing.

I'm down to 133 today - I know that I'll be gaining it back as I start to feel better though! How is everyone's Christmas preperations going? Hope it's a happy time, and not too stressful!

Sheila, I'm with you, if I can maintain from here on in for the month I'll be happy!

Take care all,

Kim.

Kim-glad your father in law made it thru surgery and is doing good.

Kim and SHeila, thanks for asking about my grandmom, they had her scheduled for surgery today, but canceled because some of her lab results werent' right. I don't know all the details. I talked to her and she did joke around. She is in Florida and I'm in Virginia.

I still am not ready for Christmas. I did get my cards done, and most things wrapped.

Well, I am going to get to bed, I am exhausted!

Connie

Hi everyone, Just wanted to check in. Hope you are all doing well. It has been so hectic! My grandmom is still in the hospital, they can't figure out what is wrong but she is getting worse. Now I think they are planning surgery again for tomorrow. I hope they figure it out!

I havent' been counting points, but am trying to be good. I have been working out so hopefully that will help!

Connie

Hi Gals and Happy Holidays! Seems that we've all been busy and unable to post as much. Like Kim, I was sick last week and didn't get a chance to post. Been busy at work too.

Connie--hope your Grandmom gets well soon. Great job on working out. I hope to get some exercise in next week while I'm off from work.

I'm not counting points and just trying to watch portion sizes. I am up about 1.5 pounds to 140.0, but considering the lack of exercise and tons of food around I'm pretty happy about that. Just another week and 1/2 and we can get back to being good again. I probably won't be posting for a while as I'm off work and will be traveling over the holidays. So hope everyone has a great Christmas. Until next year!

Hi Everyone,

Connie, I hope your grandmom is feeling better - my thoughts are with her.

I've given up counting points this week - I had lost 3 lbs. being sick last week, and have gained them back this week. I'm going on diet vacation for this week and next, then I'll be really, really, really good January 2nd until the 20th when we sail....then I'll be on diet vacation again!!!:eek:

Have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year everyone!!

Kim.

Hi WW friends! Sorry I've been MIA lately, but my work and home life has been so hectic! I know y'all can relate! LOL

Connie ~ How's grandmom?

Kim ~ How's FIL?

I'm not counting points either, but am watching my portions really well. I lost 1/2 lb this week. I'm trying not to eat too many sweets, if I want something, I eat it. I just don't eat a lot of it. Seems to be working.

Glad everyone is doing better.

Have a wonderful Christmas!!! Do we have any Jewish members? If so, Happy Hanukkah to you!!

Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope you all had a nice day. My DH got me a treadmill, I am sooooo happy! Somehow he had it hidden in the basement all week!

My grandmom had surgery, then became unrepsonsive, they moved her to ICU, after 2 days (they thought she wouldn't make it) she came to. She is still weak but talking and able to sit up.She surprised everyone!

I have eaten and drank way to much, I am afraid to even get weighed!! It's on the treadmill for me now!

Connie

Hi Everyone!

Hope everybody had a great Christmas! I have eaten way, way, too much...of everything!

I was up to 142 the other day!! Stopped weighing myself - but will get back on the scales Sunday morning - ready to do battle! I haven't been on the treadmill for 3 weeks now, stopped when I was so sick 2 weeks before Christmas, and haven't had the motivation to get back on again - but will be on it as well on Sunday. I need to lose what I've gained, plus 5 lbs. more by the 19th of January when we leave!:eek:

I my DH and I received one of our best Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve - I realized I hadn't checked the mail the day before (Friday), our mailboxes are actually across the street from our house, so I went across and checked the mail.........our Cruise documents were there - YAYYYYY! So you know what that means - we were both doing the doc dance all Christmas Eve!

My FIL is home, my husband and his siblings (he has 4 sisters) took turns going to their place to visit Christmas day, so that he wouldn't be overwhelmed by too many people at once. We brought their gifts, and I baked a pie for their Christmas dinner dessert - I usually bake the pies for Christmas dinner - my husbands whole family usually get together for dinner Christmas day, but we all had our own Christmas dinners this year with his father and sister ill. There were tears in my MIL's eyes when she saw the pie, she said it made her feel like she was having a "regular" Christmas dinner with it. He' still very weak - he had surgery on a Wednesday, was moved from ICU on Friday, and insisted the doctors release him on Tuesday! Patience is not one of his virtues! Because of this, it is taking him longer to recuperate then if he had of stayed the required length of time in the hospital. My SIL is scheduled to go in for her surgery January 4th.

Connie - what a terrible scare with your Grandmom! I'm so glad that she's beginning to do well, my thoughts are with her.

Well, we all got through Christmas for another year! I've been off all week, but it has been so busy, it has just flown! Back to work on the 3rd of January - then I'll be hard at work until the 19th - then I'm sailing away!!!:D

Take care everyone, and have a great week!

Kim.

Hi Everyone!

Hope everybody had a great Christmas! I have eaten way, way, too much...of everything!

I was up to 142 the other day!! Stopped weighing myself - but will get back on the scales Sunday morning - ready to do battle! I haven't been on the treadmill for 3 weeks now, stopped when I was so sick 2 weeks before Christmas, and haven't had the motivation to get back on again - but will be on it as well on Sunday. I need to lose what I've gained, plus 5 lbs. more by the 19th of January when we leave!:eek:

I my DH and I received one of our best Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve - I realized I hadn't checked the mail the day before (Friday), our mailboxes are actually across the street from our house, so I went across and checked the mail.........our Cruise documents were there - YAYYYYY! So you know what that means - we were both doing the doc dance all Christmas Eve!

My FIL is home, my husband and his siblings (he has 4 sisters) took turns going to their place to visit Christmas day, so that he wouldn't be overwhelmed by too many people at once. We brought their gifts, and I baked a pie for their Christmas dinner dessert - I usually bake the pies for Christmas dinner - my husbands whole family usually get together for dinner Christmas day, but we all had our own Christmas dinners this year with his father and sister ill. There were tears in my MIL's eyes when she saw the pie, she said it made her feel like she was having a "regular" Christmas dinner with it. He' still very weak - he had surgery on a Wednesday, was moved from ICU on Friday, and insisted the doctors release him on Tuesday! Patience is not one of his virtues! Because of this, it is taking him longer to recuperate then if he had of stayed the required length of time in the hospital. My SIL is scheduled to go in for her surgery January 4th.

Connie - what a terrible scare with your Grandmom! I'm so glad that she's beginning to do well, my thoughts are with her.

Well, we all got through Christmas for another year! I've been off all week, but it has been so busy, it has just flown! Back to work on the 3rd of January - then I'll be hard at work until the 19th - then I'm sailing away!!!:D

Take care everyone, and have a great week!

Kim.

Hi everyone, HOpe all your holidays were good! Kim, I have eaten entirely to much also. I am embarreses to say my weight but I will, yesterday I was 176:eek: I haven't been that high in ages:( good news, today I am 174 and feel very motivated! I am doing a 3 day detox diet I saw in a magazine, I am starting today. After that it is back to WW points! I am so glad I got a t readmill for Christmas, I love having it!

Well, gotta get going.

Connie

Hey girls! Glad to see y'all have been posting. I've been MIA due to too many happenings!! I've been off work and that means too much work at home. LOL I got my mom's kitchen painted so I'm happy.

Connie ~ Goodness! That's some news about your GM. I'm so glad she came out of it. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Kim ~ Glad your FIL is doing better. That was so sweet to bake the pie for them.

It sounds as if you all have a great Christmas. Mine was great except that half of my family had that nasty stomach virus. Thank goodness I didn't get it.

I did awful with WW also. I've gained 4 lbs. I'm back on track today. If I hadn't been so busy, I probably would've gained a lot more. Last year, I gained 8 lbs, and the year before 10. So 4 lbs is pretty good for me.

It's a new year so we need to get moving!! Remember, we can do it!!! :D

Hi gals and happy new year! I tried posting yesterday, but got locked out after typing my message. Oh well. Have to report that I survived the holidays and didn't gain any weight. Caught another bad cold, so I think I didn't have much of an appetite. I also watched my portions as well. Can't seem to get back to exercising or counting points yet, but still loosing so I guess that is ok for now.

Kim--Awesome about your documents coming--now its sooo close for you! I just made final payment yesterday on my March cruise so I feel it is getting closer. Husband has decided not to go (we are still separated and don't have any news to report there). So this cruise will be with my 2 young daughters and my sister, her husband and their 2 kids. Will be definitely different without spouse--but looking forward to it regardless!

Glad to hear you are all motivated to work out--that is terrific! Keep up the great work there.

Archived