Internet on the Zuiderdam

kaylasnana

That will really depend on how much you use the Internet.

Daily, for about 1/2 hour, should be about a 250-minute package; the price for that is $100. That's been my average over many cruises.

Now, if you don't go on as often, or for as long, then the price will be less. Longer? More.

Remember, Internet on the ship is slower than you are used to at home.

That would be really hard to do, it would depend on the cruise, the cabin choice, etc. It could be as cheap as $150/200. a day and then all the way up to maybe $800/900. a day. That would be for 2 people.

Oops sorry I read the question wrong, please disregard my post.:o:o

There were no minute bundles as an option on the zuiderdam. The options were unlimited brother 99 for the 7 days, an option for 24 hour use ( can't remember the price) or a per minute charge

Wow, they're still pricing it by the cruise, on the Zuiderdam. IIRC, it was more expensive ($149?) in May, when frank reported on the change. I wonder if/when it will go fleet wide.

It wasn't "gone" on either of my last two cruises---within the last month, KK.

We all read about the trial on the Zuiderdam a few months ago, but that did not last. Apparently the experiment was a bust, and the package system prevailed.

It wasn't "gone" on either of my last two cruises---within the last month, KK.

We all read about the trial on the Zuiderdam a few months ago, but that did not last. Apparently the experiment was a bust, and the package system prevailed.

I got off of the Zuiderdam yesterday and there was no package system...only the 3 options I mentioned above.....so I guess it wasn't a bust....

Currently on the Zuiderdam. I just paid the $99.99 for unlimited on the 7 day Alaska portion. I was told it would be $199.99 for the 20 day repo to FLL

Does anyone know if the service was the same (relatively slow) speed that we are accustomed to? I'm interested in whether pax using Skype phones and watching streaming movies or sports events would interfere with the system.

Scott & Karen

Does anyone know if the service was the same (relatively slow) speed that we are accustomed to? I'm interested in whether pax using Skype phones and watching streaming movies or sports events would interfere with the system.

Scott & Karen

I always run a speed test when I connect to a new network. (Doesn't everyone? ;) Actually, I need to for business related reasons.)

You might get Skype voice to run, but the bandwidth isn't there for streaming or video calling. I measured speeds in the ISDN range, perhaps a little higher, in the spring. This was on the Noordam in the Caribbean. It's about what I expected in terms of speed. It's definitely faster than it was a few years ago. It's also definitely slower than what you probably have at home. Unless you have dial up... In that case it's slightly faster.

I'm on the Zuiderdam 22-day Mediterranean in April. I use an activity tracker that requires a network to sync to my cell phone. I'm thinking less than one minute each day. At those prices, I think I'll use an old pedometer on the cruise. Aapny suggestions for a cheaper way to sync?