Fun and silly games aboard!

adrianjones

Hi all,

My partner and I like to play games on holiday however this being our first cruise we are not sure what challenges and silly tasks to set ourselves. We enjoy silly games and was wondering if anyone else does the same and what games and tasks they play between themselves. It's a bit like eye spy when on a long journey in a car, it's just something to keep us entertained and amused between each other.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all,

My partner and I like to play games on holiday however this being our first cruise we are not sure what challenges and silly tasks to set ourselves. We enjoy silly games and was wondering if anyone else does the same and what games and tasks they play between themselves. It's a bit like eye spy when on a long journey in a car, it's just something to keep us entertained and amused between each other.

There is a AZURA game. This is where the theatre audience, at the end of the show, stampeed to the show lounge to get a seat. The winners are those who achieve a stage facing seat with a table. The GLASS HOUSE is the best place to watch, where the wide stamped funnels through a narrower walkway.

If you join this game, suggest you take a seat at the back of the theatre for a head start, and have your elbows pre-sharpened. :D;)

This game evidences the true nature of the two faced more holy than others beasts, who later condem the majority of cruisers for having unacceptable conduct and attitudes.

There is a AZURA game. This is where the theatre audience, at the end of the show, stampeed to the show lounge to get a seat. The winners are those who achieve a stage facing seat with a table. The GLASS HOUSE is the best place to watch, where the wide stamped funnels through a narrower walkway.

If you join this game, suggest you take a seat at the back of the theatre for a head start, and have your elbows pre-sharpened. :D;)

This game evidences the true nature of the two faced more holy than others beasts, who later condem the majority of cruisers for having unacceptable conduct and attitudes.

Also a major part of this game is to watch those that going into the theatre with walking difficulties and sticks and then during the show the sudden healing and see them race while carrying their sticks and using it as a weapon to get to the show lounge quicker :)

Also a major part of this game is to watch those that going into the theatre with walking difficulties and sticks and then during the show the sudden healing and see them race while carrying their sticks and using it as a weapon to get to the show lounge quicker :)

Yes!:)

Then go to the show lounge and play count the tables with purchased drinks ;)

There is so much fun to be had....

Dodge the coffin dodgers

Miss out the moaners

Spot the sunbed on a sea day

Endless fun!

Then there is to honestly out do the snooty P&O ego tripper. :D

Last P&O cruise over breakfast in the MDR, Mrs Snooty asked the usual question"how many cruises"?

To which I replied 7

The reply from Mrs S was "oh, we have done 12 in the last 9years.

I responded with "sorry, I should have added THIS YEAR".

Not another word was said over breakfast. Wonderful! ;)

Hi all,

Guess the occupation of the other passengers.....

I am sure he/she is a spy you know, keeps on talking into his cuff.

I bet they are not man and wife, they talk to each other during meal times

Etc

Etc

Guess the occupation of the other passengers.....

I am sure he/she is a spy you know, keeps on talking into his cuff.

I bet they are not man and wife, they talk to each other during meal times

Etc

Etc

There is also this one.

Have a sweepstake on how many times during a P&O cruise you hear the words.

"How much?!"

or

"I'm not paying that!"

:eek:

There is so much fun to be had....

Dodge the coffin dodgers

Miss out the moaners

Spot the sunbed on a sea day

Endless fun!

Games are only fun if you have a chance of winning even if only slightly but your games are virtually impossible to win :D.

Hmmm some interesting ideas here! I think I am going to spend most of my holiday people watching and laughing at them trying to be snooty! I am far from posh and will try my best to keep it real even if Mr and Mrs snooty don't like it! I thinks it's going to be 12 days of winding up posh people, love it!

Last P&O cruise over breakfast in the MDR, Mrs Snooty asked the usual question"how many cruises"?

To which I replied 7

We met a Mrs Snooty a couple of years ago on the Aurora. When asked about our cruising history. I explained our 1st cruise was with Ocean Village and we absolutely loved it. It's a shame it now sails out of Australia.

She replied:- "Best place for it. Ah well, you started at the bottom....."

To which I replied 7

ROFL - love, love, love it!

Oooh, you are awful Port Royal, but I like you!

We have cruised a lot since we won the Lottery. On the first few we would share the good news with those we met. However it was quite remarkable how quickly this got around the ship. A good game to have played would have been to guess those who had not heard or could not have cared less about our win ;-)

Cb

We have cruised a lot since we won the Lottery. On the first few we would share the good news with those we met. However it was quite remarkable how quickly this got around the ship. A good game to have played would have been to guess those who had not heard or could not have cared less about our win ;-)

Cb

You needed to tell people? According to my friend who is cabin crew for BA on longhaul, lottery winners stand out like a sore thumb when they travel in First.

You needed to tell people? According to my friend who is cabin crew for BA on longhaul, lottery winners stand out like a sore thumb when they travel in First.

Oh we don't fly BA. We use a private Charter. A tad expensive when there is only the two of us :cool:

"Every Last Ray" involves betting on how many people will be sprawled out aiming to catch every last ray of the setting sun (can only be played just before sun set)

"Biddy bash" how many people barge into you when you are in the buffet

"cake counting" trying to find the person with the most over-laden plate during afternoon tea.

And my favourite...

"missed the boat" also know as "how many idiots, who knew what time they need to be back but thought 'sod it' and saunter up at the last minute"

:D

Not Thos Cook dear boy, :cool:

Cb

Of course not.

We have flown TC A330 200 a number of times and whilst the legroom is more than adequate the seat width is not. particularly the bulkhead seats which house the inflight tv system in the arm. We have also flown US Airways A330- configured 2-4-2 and found it a far better experience. Whilst the Thomson Boeing 767 are old, they offer the most room being configured 2-3-2 In fact the difference between economy and premium does not justify the cost. Only experienced premium so far on the Dreamliner and foung getting in and out of your seat a pain as you have to slide the in flight entertainment system back into the seat arm to get in or out. What did make a difference was that it only took 8 hours to landing in Barbados and 6.00hr 45 minutes back to Manchester.

Cb

"missed the boat" also know as "how many idiots, who knew what time they need to be back but thought 'sod it' and saunter up at the last minute"

:D

Great entertainment when you are on your balcony, drink in hand, looking down at the last open door, 10 mins before sail away and you see people running for the ship nearly giving themselves a conary. They usually get a cheer!