Cruise Connect or Eavesway Cruiselink

Old_tilly_billy

Looking at booking a coach transfer for our next cruise and wondering which service is the best option to take.

We much prefer Eavesway as their pick up ponts are much more convenient for us. Found the other one would have needed an expensive taxi ride to pick up point. Also special offer on just now and we saved £10 each return. :)

Not used Cruise Connect - but last month travelling down on Eavesway the Cruise Connect buses at the final comfort stop were noticeably quite a mix of different companies.

Eavesway on the other hand have a well defined and established product - you know what you're getting.

My personal inclination would be to choose Eavesway unless there was a major difference in price or pickup/dropoff convenience.

Edited by Dryce

Looking at booking a coach transfer for our next cruise and wondering which service is the best option to take.

Eavesway everytime for us, we went with Cruise Connect 2 years ago as it was the free offering from Cunard and we travelled to Southampton on a coach that was so old and in such poor cxondition that we were concerned as to whether it would actually manage to reach Southampton. On the return journey we had a comfortable coach that was of a similar standard to Eavesway but the uncertainty as to which coach you get is not worth taking the risk in my opinion. As I understand the situation Cruise Connect do not actually own the coaches they sub-contract from other companies so it is very hit and miss. We have 3 cruises currently booked and have chosen to take OBC rather than free coach travel and will use the OBC to help pay for our travel on Eavesway.

We use Evesway every year clean modern coaches and free wi fi.

Wide range of collection points. What is the special offer they are running and how do you find the details as need to book for next cruise .thanks

We use Evesway every year clean modern coaches and free wi fi.

Wide range of collection points. What is the special offer they are running and how do you find the details as need to book for next cruise .thanks

The offer is £10 off the return journey between 3rd November 2014 until I think april 2015. At least that is what it is for us from Bolton. If you ring them the girls are very helpful and they will advise the exact dates. Definitely 3rd November though as we go on 10th November. Hope this helps.:)

We're just back from a P&O cruise and used their linked supplier, Intercruises, to get to Southampton. We have previously always used Eavesway and been totally happy with them, but wanted the security of the connection with P&O in the event that anything went wrong.

The coaches used by Intercruises for both our journeys, to and from the North West, were excellent and I would not hesitate to use them again. The experience was identical to that which we've had in the past when using Eavesway.

We're just back from a P&O cruise and used their linked supplier, Intercruises, to get to Southampton. We have previously always used Eavesway and been totally happy with them, but wanted the security of the connection with P&O in the event that anything went wrong.

The coaches used by Intercruises for both our journeys, to and from the North West, were excellent and I would not hesitate to use them again. The experience was identical to that which we've had in the past when using Eavesway.

Glad to hear that. We're booked with Intercruises down to Southampton in December and was getting a little concerned at some of the negative comments. The coach journey down (we fly home) is part of the holiday for us and I like my comfort :)

Also glad to hear that Cruise Connect are as good as Eavesway. Booked with them for September 2015. This was free as part of an offer a few months ago so we had no choice in the provider. The only snag is we have to go from a different pick up point in Bolton.

We previously used Eavesway who were very satisfactory.

The issue with Intercruises is that they do not have their own coaches consequently it is hit or miss as to the quality of the couach that travel on. You have a better chance of getting a good quality coach outside of the main holiday season. With Eavesway you always know that you are going to get a good quality coach.

Also glad to hear that Cruise Connect are as good as Eavesway. Booked with them for September 2015. This was free as part of an offer a few months ago so we had no choice in the provider. The only snag is we have to go from a different pick up point in Bolton.

We previously used Eavesway who were very satisfactory.

I might be wrong but is it not the case that if you take the free coach then you do not get any On Board Credit?

We always have used Eavesway and did so last week without any problems

David

I might be wrong but is it not the case that if you take the free coach then you do not get any On Board Credit?

David

Our offer (booked about March, I think) was either / or. However there was also extra OBC, or M and S vouchers. We therefore chose the travel as that would be worth more than the usual credit for us but some people would get much more :)

Eavesways every time.

Eavesways

luxury coaches, very helpful and friendly drivers, very helpful office staff, convenient pick up spots, can not fault them at all.

Intercruises

Old coach, bad tempered driver, had to wait for coach in the rain with no where to shelter, coach broke down twice on the way back.

Have only used Intercruises once!!!!!!

My wife and I travelled down to Southampton using inter cruises and can say that they were every bit as good as Eavesway whom we have used previous.

The coach was new supplied by Coopers and the driver was cheerful helpful and very polite.

Plenty of room on the coach to travel in comfort enough rest breaks and reached the port in plenty of time

The return journey was also as good

David

We booked just after xmas and got the free coach and £75 each obc as special offer on then. Really good deal for us in the North East as coach normally around £120. For next year we have free coach and £20 each obc.

David

We booked about 6 weeks ago when the offer was a choice of free parking, obc or free coach transfer. As the coach costs nearly £200 from the North for both of us this seemed the best deal for us, however we had no choice in which company to use because it was free.