Majesty- Worth it?

MrBanana1240

What's there to do to pass time onboard? I really want to book this cruise and give Royal a second chance after our "interesting" Sandy-aftermath cruise. I would also like to get to CocoCay and back to Key West.

I was told the Majesty is a crowded, outdated ship with not much to do. But its an all-port cruise, so I'm not worried, but I am wondering if this cruise is worth booking.

I have the Enchantment as a second option and I would love to change the not so amazing memories from 2012 into amazing memories of 2015.

What do you guys think?

I am an unapologetic fan of Majesty - so yes, I am biased. Since you are in a port every day, the relative lack of onboard wows is going to be just fine. In exchange you get one of the friendliest crews afloat and certainly plenty of things to keep you occupied. Taste of Tuscany will be offered as a dining alternative at least twice during the cruise, as well as Chef's Table. The standard cabins are small, so if you can swing the Superior Ocean View, I recommend it.

Majesty does not feel crowded to me, by the way.

We were on Majesty last month (3-night) and did not find her to be over crowded at all. I'm not sure what the occupancy rate was on that sailing but the only time we experienced large crowds was embarkation, debarkation and a few times in the Windjammer.

For the right price I would sail on her again, although I did miss a few of the activities the larger ships had it wasn't a major issue since we only had two full days on board.

I would (and have) sailed on either without hesitation. The only "problem" I have with Majesty is I need to go all the way to a junior suite to get a balcony

Lots of additional opinions already in your other post on this topic. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2102603

Never had the opportunity to sail on this ship, would love to have the chance.

What's there to do to pass time onboard? I really want to book this cruise and give Royal a second chance after our "interesting" Sandy-aftermath cruise. I would also like to get to CocoCay and back to Key West.

I was told the Majesty is a crowded, outdated ship with not much to do. But its an all-port cruise, so I'm not worried, but I am wondering if this cruise is worth booking.

I have the Enchantment as a second option and I would love to change the not so amazing memories from 2012 into amazing memories of 2015.

What do you guys think?

I love both ships. Have you looked at other options like Vision, Liberty, or Explorer. All doing short cruises in the S FL area.

What do you guys think?

If you must have a flow rider, and if you absolutely can't imagine a cruise without a Royal Promenade, then no, Majesty will not be for you. IF you are looking for a lovely cruising experience, if you enjoy the feel of a smaller ship, if you like the idea of less passengers and a staff and crew that you will repeatedly run into, then yes, book it. I have sailed on all three of this early-class of RCI ships, as well as Enchantment and Grandeur, part of the next-class up, and our personal fave, the Radiance-class. For us, it's what cruising should feel like. For many of us, it's the smaller ships all the way!

I do agree with the previous poster. The standard cabins are small. Upgrade to the Superior OV;)

What do you guys think?

I've done the 4 day twice and the 3 day once and I'm not even in Florida :) The ship is old, but it pretty good shape and I never felt crowded.

I love both ships. Have you looked at other options like Vision, Liberty, or Explorer. All doing short cruises in the S FL area.

ya know I heard about the vision and I loved the design of the enchantment and I know it's a little shorter and a tad outdated but I really liked the Roatan-Cozumel route, two of my favorite ports. but the vision isn't running this route august '15, so I can't sail it, enchantment and majesty are my only option.

If you must have a flow rider, and if you absolutely can't imagine a cruise without a Royal Promenade, then no, Majesty will not be for you. IF you are looking for a lovely cruising experience, if you enjoy the feel of a smaller ship, if you like the idea of less passengers and a staff and crew that you will repeatedly run into, then yes, book it. I have sailed on all three of this early-class of RCI ships, as well as Enchantment and Grandeur, part of the next-class up, and our personal fave, the Radiance-class. For us, it's what cruising should feel like. For many of us, it's the smaller ships all the way!

I do agree with the previous poster. The standard cabins are small. Upgrade to the Superior OV;)

you see my only Royal cruise was Enchantment in November '12 before the refurb so I really don't need (nor particularly love) the huge onboard features of the mammoth ships. and I actually prefer inside rooms, I spend absolutely NO time in them other than to shower, sleep and change. I don't eat in the cabin and I like having the room close to things. on the CCL Glory I got an inside room 20 steps from the pool deck (: but I do want to feel the traditional cruising atmosphere . thanks for your input !

You're very welcome. The IN cabins are very small, but certainly it sounds like it will meet your needs. I hope you book it, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did on all of our "small ship" cruises:) If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to give a shout out.

I've done the 4 day twice and the 3 day once and I'm not even in Florida :) The ship is old, but it pretty good shape and I never felt crowded.

I completely agree. I've sailed the Majesty a few times and we're not in FL either. I've also never felt crowded on the Majesty. I actually felt more crowded at times on the Enchantment. I think Majesty has a pretty good layout particularly given her size and capacity.