WhatToiletries in Silhouette Veranda Staterooms?

cpl100

I was on this ship 1.5 years ago but can't recall whether or not there was body lotion. I know there was a dispenser for shampoo and I think one for conditioner in the shower. I think there was a container with cotton balls and generic Qtips also.

Changes may have been made over the year, so please advise what was there if you were on the Silhouette recently.

Thanks so much!

I was on this ship 1.5 years ago but can't recall whether or not there was body lotion. I know there was a dispenser for shampoo and I think one for conditioner in the shower. I think there was a container with cotton balls and generic Qtips also.

Changes may have been made over the year, so please advise what was there if you were on the Silhouette recently.

Thanks so much!

Good morning......are you sure about which ship you were on? The

reason I ask is none of the S class ships have "shower dispensers".

The S class ships all have little bottles of shampoo and conditioner.

When the S class ships were built shower dispensers were not part

of the plan in the showers.

We were on silhouette (veranda) last month. Little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. Qtips and cotton balls in a glass jar. No dispenser in the shower. FWIW I really liked the shampoo and conditioner on my hair - did a great job.

The bottles weren't automatically replaced every day, it was a bit hit and miss, but we never ran out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on silhouette (veranda) last month. Little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. Qtips and cotton balls in a glass jar. No dispenser in the shower. FWIW I really liked the shampoo and conditioner on my hair - did a great job.

The bottles weren't automatically replaced every day, it was a bit hit and miss, but we never ran out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The bottles weren't really 'bottles' more like tubes that the cabin attendent would stand on end sliding the bottom end of the tube through the wire slits of the soap tray in the shower. I think he checked each day to see how much was left and added a new tube to the counter tray when the tube being used felt light. That's what it was as of the 12th of September in our 6th floor balcony :D

Edited by joecleveland

I cannot imagine little bottles or tubes for my daughters - both have long, crazy, fuzzy hair past their waist. They are almost 11 years old and use shampoo and conditioner by the gallon. I am guessing I will pack enough for 14 days in December. Just one more item for the checked bag to add a little more weight. I also want to bring liquid hand soap - I find it works better and is used more often than the bars of soap. The tubes would work for my husband and I very nicely. I still need a moisturizing body wash once in a while.

The bottles weren't really 'bottles' more like tubes that the cabin attendent would stand on end sliding the bottom end of the tube through the wire slits of the soap tray in the shower. I think he checked each day to see how much was left and added a new tube to the counter tray when the tube being used felt light. That's what it was as of the 12th of September in our 6th floor balcony :D

Really? I have always had bottles. Not a tube at all.

This is a picture of the bathroom when I sailed Reflection in Dec 2012.

I know the bottle is small in the photo but it is definitely a bottle and

not a tube.....had a bottle of shampoo and conditioner.

8266010662_c74ca82495_b.jpg

Edited by Lois R

As they go through the end of the inventory of the lemongrass scented products they have been replaced with tubes, made by a different manufacturer. Perhaps you haven't cruised since the changeover to these new products. They were discussed here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1995473&highlight=soames

As to the quantity of product in the tubes, cruiserjt, they will replenish them as often as needed -- if you need a new tube of shampoo or conditioner every day, just ask.

As they go through the end of the inventory of the lemongrass scented products they have been replaced with tubes, made by a different manufacturer. Perhaps you haven't cruised since the changeover to these new products. They were discussed here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1995473&highlight=soames

As to the quantity of product in the tubes, cruiserjt, they will replenish them as often as needed -- if you need a new tube of shampoo or conditioner every day, just ask.

Hi Cruisestich:)...oh wow....well, I was on Century back in February

and still had the bottles on those cruises (did a b2b).....going on

Reflection in November so I am guessing it will be my first cruise

with the new products and no more bottles.........

Thanks for the reminder...you are always great with up to date

information:)

Edited by Lois R

Hi Cruisestich:)...oh wow....well, I was on Century back in February

and still had the bottles on those cruises (did a b2b).....going on

Reflection in November so I am guessing it will be my first cruise

with the new products and no more bottles.........

Hi Lois! We had the new white tubes of Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, on our recent Summit. We liked them, almost as much as the old "lemongrass" products. Rick liked them because they are not heavily scented -- I'd describe them as having a mild citrus (grapefruit?) smell. I liked them because the tubes seem to hold a little more product than the old bottles did. The one bad review I saw came from Eileen -- she said the shampoo and conditioner did not agree with her long, fine hair.

Hi Lois! We had the new white tubes of Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, on our recent Summit. We liked them, almost as much as the old "lemongrass" products. Rick liked them because they are not heavily scented -- I'd describe them as having a mild citrus (grapefruit?) smell. I liked them because the tubes seem to hold a little more product than the old bottles did. The one bad review I saw came from Eileen -- she said the shampoo and conditioner did not agree with her long, fine hair.

Hi Suzanne:)...oh ok...so our Century cruise was the last time

we had the bottles......hopefully I will like Gilchrist.....:D

• 4 months later...
So there is just "cakes" of soap for the shower?

cakes? You mean bar of soap? I had the tube of body wash mentioned

in the previous posts.......

Concierge and above get body wash; inside, O.V., and veranda get bar soap. I think (not sure) that the suites still get Bulgari products, as opposed to the Gilchrist & Soames (in the white tubes).

Concierge and above get body wash; inside, O.V., and veranda get bar soap. I think (not sure) that the suites still get Bulgari products, as opposed to the Gilchrist & Soames (in the white tubes).

Thanks everyone, I hate bars of soap!!! Will take my own body wash.

Thanks again. Happy sails................