Football on board?

jenfromjersey

Hi all, we are sailing on the Breakaway at the end of December and my brother is dying to know if football will be shown on the ship at all. And anyway of knowing what channels they might be pumping in? I told him there is no guarantee that even while in port, would he get to see the Jets game.

Hi all, we are sailing on the Breakaway at the end of December and my brother is dying to know if football will be shown on the ship at all. And anyway of knowing what channels they might be pumping in? I told him there is no guarantee that even while in port, would he get to see the Jets game.

Which football are you talking about? Proper Premier League football or that American version that they play with an oval ball?

Hi,

ESPN is one of the stations on board the Breakaway. When we were waiting to leave port on Sunday, whatever game that was on CBS in NYC was carried at 1PM (which wasn't the Jets because they had the 4pm game). The ship did not carry FOX sports, so we couldn't see the Giants game at 1PM and had to suffer through watching the hated Brady Bunch (that's the NE Patriots to all of you soccer fans). We asked one of the staff in O'Sheehans about "how come?" and the answer was that NCL only contracts with certain stations.

That was the second loss in a row for the G-men in another dismal display, so it was a good thing we couldn't see that game.:rolleyes:.

However the Monday and Thursday night games were also available.

For some reason, on Saturday there was no signal from ESPN which meant no college games , and of course that other "sports" station which was available was showing some game where everyone runs around in their underwear kicking a white ball with black spots and nothing happens for about an hour and a half. :D

After that the same station showed something that resembled baseball but I had no idea what was going on, except that it was even more boring, if that's possible. :D

We sailed on the Breakaway last October and there were football games on everywhere. When we boarded, we watched a Cowboys/Eagles game outside in front of Fat Cats. The sound was on too which was nice. There were other games on in different areas of the ship. And they showed the Monday night football game on the big screen in the atrium.

We sailed on the Breakaway last October and there were football games on everywhere. When we boarded, we watched a Cowboys/Eagles game outside in front of Fat Cats. The sound was on too which was nice. There were other games on in different areas of the ship. And they showed the Monday night football game on the big screen in the atrium.

Jenny, is your birthday, by any chance 10/5? Just asking because of your screen name and I notice those numbers since it's my birthday! Lol

Anyway, back to football. I need to know how much data we should purchase so hubby can keep up with his ESPN and CBS fantasy football leagues. :rolleyes:

Ouch, that was just mean ;)

It won't be post-season then, anyway, I think it is the last week of the season, actually, we are sailing 12/28.

Thanks for the information, the bit about CBS for the 1PM game made my brother VERY happy, as that is what the Jets have!

But the ship will have the national broadcast of the 1:00 game perhaps not the NY/NJ area broadcast.

Good luck

Edited by Buford T Justiice

Lol sucks being a jets fan. I'm a diehard jets fan and it's very disheartening to say the least.

I'm a diehard Buffalo Bills fan and we seem to know how to take disheartening to a whole new level! I quiver every time the ship makes a "wide right" turn around an island. :D

Edited by Red-Sol

But a post above stated "Hi,

ESPN is one of the stations on board the Breakaway. When we were waiting to leave port on Sunday, whatever game that was on CBS in NYC was carried at 1PM (which wasn't the Jets because they had the 4pm game). The ship did not carry FOX sports, so we couldn't see the Giants game at 1PM and had to suffer through watching the hated Brady Bunch (that's the NE Patriots to all of you soccer fans). We asked one of the staff in O'Sheehans about "how come?" and the answer was that NCL only contracts with certain stations."

So I had assumed it was the NYC affiliate.

Don't forget to check out Spice H20. Spice H20 is located outside with an over sized screen TV. We sailed the Epic a few years ago and they had football featured through out the day! They also had tailgate type food cooking all day!