Cat S1 on Reflection

JColquhoun

Traveling my first time on Celebrity. Question: Which is the best cabins for Category S1-Sky suite on Reflection? Which is the best deck to stay on for Category S1 on Reflection?

Thanks for the help

J.

Check out the S-Class Cabin Spreadsheet Sticky at the top of this board.

It is maintained by LIBRARYLADY19 and has a ton of great info... Her latest updated spreadsheet can be found on Page 109 (Reply # 2179) so all entries beyond that would be new info (look for Cabin Class when you skim thru them)

The S-Class Ships all have similar footprints... Although sometimes cabin numbers can be different, so be sure and work with Deck Plans when looking at the Cabin Sticky... Although cabins in the same locations on deck plans (despite numbers) will have the same pros & cons

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

They are switching the category of AS cabins to S1 cabins as of April. As of now, all S1s are aft corners. The aft of reflection is a bit different than the other S-class ships. We generally recommend not going with the top deck as those are under public space and prone to more noise however they have the most sun/weather protection and if you care (we don't) privacy. The next deck down is perfect for us. Moving down, the next deck down has some window washing equipment on the side of the large wrap around. Below that they se pretty similar.

After the conversion in April I would generally say to try and book a hump cabin if you don't like aft. We've stayed in the cabins and did hear some noise from the deck above.

The aft corner cabins are spacious and have plenty of storage, but slightly less hanging closet space then the other.

All are very similar and nice cabins.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

On the Reflection, the covered deck under the public spaces is deck 12 and the window washing equipment is on the 11th deck. We were in 1214 on the 10th deck and had no trouble with noise or window washing equipment. It is the only S1 I have had, but would definitely book it again!

Traveling my first time on Celebrity. Question: Which is the best cabins for Category S1-Sky suite on Reflection? Which is the best deck to stay on for Category S1 on Reflection?

Thanks for the help

J.

Whatever you do, do not chose 1668. It's a corner S1 with a huge obstruction on the entire starboard side of the balcony of window washing equipment.

If you want to be back aft, I would look at S2 1667 and 1669. Large balcony, and much more closet and drawer space than the S1's. Those are on Deck 11, so there are staterooms above you, not the Oceanview Café which is above Deck 12.

Edited by Wine-O

The are S1's of the side on the Reflection, starboard deck 12. It is the only Solstice class ship that has S1's off the side, as far as I am aware.

We have had an S1 aft on the Solstice, deck 7, which was quiet, with an excellent location.

I'm not sure what you are saying? All the S1's on the Solstice Class Ships are the aft corners from Deck 6 up to Deck 12. On Reflection, the S1's are also on the aft corners from Deck 6 up to Deck 12, but also scattered on the Hump area and all over Deck 12 between the forward and aft hump areas. Those used to be AS (Aqua Class Suites) but were converted to S1's -- I suppose it was due to the limited dining in Blu.

Whatever you do, do not chose 1668. It's a corner S1 with a huge obstruction on the entire starboard side of the balcony of window washing equipment.

If you want to be back aft, I would look at S2 1667 and 1669. Large balcony, and much more closet and drawer space than the S1's. Those are on Deck 11, so there are staterooms above you, not the Oceanview Café which is above Deck 12.

1668 is a corner S1 on Silhousette not on Reflection.

I'm not sure what you are saying? All the S1's on the Solstice Class Ships are the aft corners from Deck 6 up to Deck 12. On Reflection, the S1's are also on the aft corners from Deck 6 up to Deck 12, but also scattered on the Hump area and all over Deck 12 between the forward and aft hump areas. Those used to be AS (Aqua Class Suites) but were converted to S1's -- I suppose it was due to the limited dining in Blu.

Agreed, the only S1's on Solstice class are on the aft corners, apart from the Reflection.

The Reflection has S1 aft cabins plus some on the side. I am not sure when they are converting the AS Aqua Class Suites to S1's. On our TA and 7 day Caribbean in October/November they are still selling these as AS Aqua Class Suites.

Agreed, the only S1's on Solstice class are on the aft corners, apart from the Reflection.

The Reflection has S1 aft cabins plus some on the side. I am not sure when they are converting the AS Aqua Class Suites to S1's. On our TA and 7 day Caribbean in October/November they are still selling these as AS Aqua Class Suites.

The Aqua Class Suites on The Relection are due to disappear in April 2015 (they will be converted to Sky Suites) when Celebrity fleet wide revamps their Suite Program into an AI experience (suites will also get their own designated Dining Room)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB