Grand arriving late in SF

timetravler

The Grand Princess which is now headed to San Francisco will now be arriving at about noon tomorrow. It seems they have been in some bad weather which has slowed them down a bit. The original arrival time was in the morning. This may change the ceremony for the grand opening of the cruise terminal in which the mayor of San Francisco is suppose to speak. I will update you if I hear anything more. Also if you have any updates, let us know

The Grand Princess which is now headed to San Francisco will now be arriving at about noon tomorrow. It seems they have been in some bad weather which has slowed them down a bit. The original arrival time was in the morning. This may change the ceremony for the grand opening of the cruise terminal in which the mayor of San Francisco is suppose to speak. I will update you if I hear anything more. Also if you have any updates, let us know

Yep, bridge cam shows white caps... looks kinda rough out there.

I have friends aboard and they said there have been wild waves and wind since late yesterday, all night, and today. that the weather is so rough that they're behind schedule, and will get into San Francisco tomorrow five hours late. then there is US customs and immigration. they figure they can get off the ship sometime in the afternoon.

Yikes 25-30 footers? We only had 9 foot waves for 40 hours a few weeks ago and that was not fun

We had ~8 foot waves coming back from Hawaii on Grand in April. We were fine but some people had problems. 30 footers is not something we would want to experience. Hope everyone makes it through okay.

We'll be checking the roll call for stories.

I've done a lot of fishing in the Hawaiian waters. The worse cruiseship voyage we had was 25+ seas coming north to San Diego for a day and a half from Manzanillo.

Best advice... Eat Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. Will it prevent seasickness NO.

But it tastes the same coming up as it did going down!!!

Aloha and good seas, Tim

I've done a lot of fishing in the Hawaiian waters. The worse cruiseship voyage we had was 25+ seas coming north to San Diego for a day and a half from Manzanillo.

Best advice... Eat Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. Will it prevent seasickness NO.

But it tastes the same coming up as it did going down!!!

Aloha and good seas, Tim

thanks for the laugh

I have friends aboard and they said there have been wild waves and wind since late yesterday, all night, and today. that the weather is so rough that they're behind schedule, and will get into San Francisco tomorrow five hours late. then there is US customs and immigration. they figure they can get off the ship sometime in the afternoon.

Most people on this cruise will not be going through customs and immigration in San Francisco. SF is a port stop only. It just happens be a overnight port stop. The Grand will later head back to Vancouver which is where most will disembark.

Must be something wrong with me....I love rough seas.

Have been a boater for more years than I care to count and have had a prior boat I owner (36' Grand Banks) in 30 foot seas.

The had my latest, a 60 footer in 20 foot seas.

For me - just like a roller coaster....

Did ALOT of my fishing on a 32 Grand Banks. Only sissys use a steady sail! I ate a lot of P&J sandwiches.

Tim