Buffet on the Miracle

MaiTaiMary

The Lido buffet is pretty much the same over the entire fleet. We had Caribbean food in Alaska. One of the nice things about the Miracle is an entire section called "Asian Corner" mid ship port side with some really yummy food. Starboard side, still mid ship is "Taste of Nations" and then the another buffet area more aft. Each of the buffet area have different food plus there is the deli and pizza place. I don't have photos or menus. You might try http://www.zydecocruiser.net/. He was recently on the Miracle and has lots of info. Happy cruising.

Just off the Miracle in August. Evening buffet varied and included flat iron steak one night and had a carving station with prime rib on another. Chicken, fish and pork were offered. We thought it to be very good.

At noon as one poster said there is the Chop Sticks Asian food which is rapidly becoming our favorite.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

The buffet at LUNCH has many different stations.

The buffet at DINNER does not offer the same menu as the MDR! They offer a few items that are on the MDR menu. The salad bar , deli, and pizza stations are also open at night as is the dessert section.

That is ALL , no Asian food or other stations are open in the evening. That is one of our pet peeves about the ship that if you don't want to eat in the MDR there are fewer choices available in the Lido at night than in the day time.

I've spent 5 weeks on the Miracle, two trips May and Sept this year.

The dinner buffet was OK, but I also had pizza several nights. They do shine on their wonderful salad buffet however. They had prime rib, ham, veal, lamb, pork at the carving station. One night with a late port time they did not have any carving. As mentioned, always 1 soup, always some type of vegetable. Baked potatoes pretty frequently. I do think they have the best pizza of the cruise lines. :) Made fresh for you.

At times we've ordered room service (love the fajita wraps and choc cake), brought the whole thing up to the buffet.

This way we can get our salads, drinks and a way to get rid of the RS dishes.

Just to be clear, they don't have all those carving choices each night. They may have one or possibly 2. They don't have all the soup or the entrees from the MDR. Only 1 or 2. They have some of the sides/veggies. That's it .To my mind they are very meager choices.

I heard that the lido buffet basically has the same food as is served in the MDR that evening. True?

minus a few items-= you will not find lobster there.

but everynight at the buffet features items from the dining room menu.

even dessert except a few selections go missing

• 4 weeks later...

My DH and I are going to go to the Steakhouse one night. We picked the best night that we think would work for us. But when I looked at Zydecruiser's current 7 day menu, it lists the "shark firecracker rolls" as one of times that night. My kids reeeeeeally want to try shark! :D I'm just trying to figure out how closely the menu in the MDR will be to the buffet. They're not "nuggets & fries" kinda kids. LOL

My DH wants to go ahead and take the kids to the MDR to eat dinner while we just have a glass of wine and sit with them. Then we'll head off to the steakhouse afterwards while they're in Camp Carnival. I'm not sure I really like this idea. Just seems much easier to have them eat at the buffet that night.:D

As I said, you cannot tell for sure which of the MDR items will be offered at the buffet each night.

IF you don't want to take the boys to the MDR and they don't happen to like what is offered from the buffet dinner choices they can have salad bar+pizza or salad bar +deli sandwiches .

That's kinda what we were trying to avoid. Just the standard menu stuff. They want to try new things and "shark" has been brought up many times.

Ah well. If it doesn't work out, no biggie. We have 12 days left. I'm just over-thinking things now. :o :D :cool: :eek: :)

That's kinda what we were trying to avoid. Just the standard menu stuff. They want to try new things and "shark" has been brought up many times.

Ah well. If it doesn't work out, no biggie. We have 12 days left. I'm just over-thinking things now. :o :D :cool: :eek: :)

Good for your kids that they want to try new things--

and I might suggest something that NO ONE ever tried for the table and you'll sample it.