Neat things to bring

flaps74

Looking for any neat item or items to bring on board. it's the sort of stuff you would forget to bring that could of been useful. I always forget a backpack for example and band aids

Any other things you've found useful?

Thanks.

Little magnets to put flyers/messages on the wall. Most of the cabin walls are magnetic. Saves space on your desk for making drinks... keeps papers within sight.. notes you want to remember or a note to say where you are... easy to find/see it posted on the wall!

Rubber suction cups with attached hooks - great for putting on the mirror to hang hats etc.

Hand held GPS - Lets you know exactly where you are on land and at sea. Lets you know what that island in the distance is, and how far away it is. Also helps find your way around the ports if you are the adventurous type.

Garbage bags....great for dirty laundry, and that way your suitcase won't get too "funky" on the way home...refrigerator magnets with clips on them to hang notes, fun times, etc....an extra bag to carry souvenirs home ....if you plan on purchasing pictures, bring some sort of firm folder to get them home safe...

LPC

Hi Flaps :)

My 'neat item' to bring along is probably considered a little outside

of the box.

However, its quite simple. A cruise journal.

After our very 1st voyage 31 years ago, my wife & I wrote down everything

we experienced when we got home. From our 2nd voyage on, until the present,

we have kept cruise journals.

Prior to going to sleep each evening my wife & I discuss the days events and

log them down in a journal.

We have been doing this for over three decades now and have many journals.

The strolls down memory lane are wonderful. In some ways more entertaining

than the photo's or video we have collected over the years.

Even picking out/purchasing the journal prior to the cruise has become

a fun task in itself.

To us, it is another way, an interesting way, to save and also relive the

voyage...

Have a terrific day!

:)

I always bring my own little medical supply kit, the shops onboard are just very expensive.

I take : Tylenol, Advil, Benedryl, Tums, Immodium, Biscodyl, Cortisone cream, Aloe lotion, Off (or some other bug spray) band aids, triple antibiotic ointment, meclizine and zofran (in case of sea sickness)

If you need any of these things you will be glad you have them, I don't take big bottles, little travel sizes so it doesn't take up tons of room.

Cheers, Carole

We take a couple of battery-operated candles- for our stateroom, bathroom, balcony. Creates a nice atmosphere, as well as safety at night if you need to get up. For our next cruise, I'm planning to pack a small box of flavored coffee creamers. And I like to bring a few thank-you notes along too. :)

Looking for any neat item or items to bring on board. it's the sort of stuff you would forget to bring that could of been useful. I always forget a backpack for example and band aids

Any other things you've found useful?

Thanks.

Plenty of sunscreen and a moisturiser such as Aloe Vera

Anti-diarrheal such as Imodium

Something for upset stomach such as Alka Seltzer or Peptobismol

Seasick med such as Bonine, meclazine, Dramamine

Aspirin or Tylenol for headache or muscle ache

Antibiotic cream such as Bacitracin or neosporin, and band aids

Because we take long cruises (14-33 days) and sundries in ship gift shop are very expensive I also bring

cough syrup, cough drops, cold meds.

A topical for toothache

I am prone to bronchitis so have antibiotic in case

I bring a sandwich size Baggie or quart size -- great for bringing cookies from buffet for snacking on elsewhere while I'm reading

A second bathing suit so you don't have to put a wet or damp one on

I am another person who journals each day. So I also bring scotch tape and small scissors so I can cut port descriptions from ship newsletter or tour descriptions and tape them into journal. I also tape scenic postcards in there that I buy.

I bring a highlighter to mark the activities in ship newsletter I am interested in.

A small LED flashlight

Edited by NMLady

We like to bring the cheap-o glow sticks you can get at Dollar Store 5 for $1. They take up very little space in a bag & make the perfect night lights. Not bright enough to disturb sleep, but still bright enough to give good light for making it to the bathroom without cracking your knee or foot open on a chair or bed leg.

we have always brought a couple of inexpensive headlight flashlights. i think theyre eveready brand that hold three tripple-a batteries. we started bringing that style when our kids were young since in the event we had to gather up and evacuate in the dark we could have our hands free while having flashlight power. theyre just as easy to use in the room as a regular flashlight but even now that its just us i still feel better prepared with them.