58 year old woman was severely injured

Kosi

Coast Guard Medevacs Injured Passenger from Grandeur of the Seas

Posted on September 27, 2014 by Jim Walker

Comments

The U.S. Coast Guard was summonsed to a Royal Caribbean cruise ship Friday night after a 58 year old woman was severely injured in a fall.

News accounts say that the Coast Guard responded to the Grandeur of the Seas.

The Coast Guard launched a rescue boat from a station in southern Maryland on the the Chesapeake Bay.

The 58 year old passenger and her husband were transported to the Point Lookout Marina and then airlifted to a trauma unit in Baltimore.

I'm surprised more aren't injured from how they take the stairs. A few times a cruise, I see people almost running down those stairs with both hands full.

I don't see how the ladies run down the steps in high heels. The floors and stairs look so slippery. I hope the lady is going to be okay.

Kathy

also being in the lower Chesapeake Bay with no inclement weather and fair winds i doubt injury was due to adverse sea conditions.

on our August 2013 sailing aboard Grandeur while crossing the Bay Bridge tunnel a young drunkard took a stumble from deck 10 down the steps crashing onto deck 9 near the pool bar.....guess he was trying to make "last call" at the pool bar.....next day once sober and bandaged up he admitted it was entirely his own fault ~ so no need for any ambulance chasing lawyers to get involved...:eek:

Edited by 2004corvette

Coast Guard Medevacs Injured Passenger from Grandeur of the Seas

Comments

The 58 year old passenger and her husband were transported to the Point Lookout Marina and then airlifted to a trauma unit in Baltimore.

Hope she is ok. Falls are a bad thing to happen.

Edited by Folk Singer

A woman died after falling on a ship a couple of years ago. I want to say it was EX. She had been drinking and slipped and fell on the marble steps and hit her head on the marble floor that is at the end of the promenade. Heels, alcohol and being on a ship are not a good mix.

As for that person's website and his reputation, he is not very well liked on this site.

Edited by BND

Last May, I passed out just outside my cabin. Awoke in medical, had an abrasion on the head. Am sure I had too much sun. Was treated, EKG, etc, all well. Tho I had trip insurance, there was no charge for my care.

I agree. Falls can happen without warning and with no alcohol, horseplay, or carelessness happening to cause them. I hope that the evacuation turns out to be an over abundance of caution and that she's healing up nicely already.