Wine Package

catperson02

I am considering purchasing a wine package for my cruise on Azura next year. I will be the only person drinking (oldest daughter who is old enough to drink doesn't and youngest would dearly like to but is too young!) Although I will not drink a whole bottle at a single sitting I assume that it will not be a problem for the restaurant to recork and store it for the next day?

Can I also assume that it will be ok to take any remaining wine back to my cabin to sip on the balcony while getting ready for dinner the next day. I know that I can take my own on board but to be perfectly honest lugging it in my hand luggage as I did last time as I did not want to risk it breaking in my case was a total pain in the neck (literally).

Four or possibly six bottles would certainly see me through the fortnight. Would a wine package be a good idea? Ant advice would be very greatly received.

I am considering purchasing a wine package for my cruise on Azura next year. I will be the only person drinking (oldest daughter who is old enough to drink doesn't and youngest would dearly like to but is too young!) Although I will not drink a whole bottle at a single sitting I assume that it will not be a problem for the restaurant to recork and store it for the next day?

Can I also assume that it will be ok to take any remaining wine back to my cabin to sip on the balcony while getting ready for dinner the next day. I know that I can take my own on board but to be perfectly honest lugging it in my hand luggage as I did last time as I did not want to risk it breaking in my case was a total pain in the neck (literally).

Four or possibly six bottles would certainly see me through the fortnight. Would a wine package be a good idea? Ant advice would be very greatly received.

My DH and I enjoy a glass of wine with our evening meal, but just one as e prefer something differnet later in the evening, so that one bottle of wine sufficies for two nights. Yes, we did have it recorked and saved until the next evening. I think it was on P&O too that we took an unfinished bottle to finish off in a bar one evening. Certainly its common practice on other cruiselines we've been on - after all you have already bought the wine from them. You often see people wandering from one bar to another carrying a drink they've already bought so I can't see a problem drinking it elsewhere on the ship, nevermind your cabin.

We also bought a wine package and thought it was good value. I think we bought packages of six bottles. On the website you should be able to see what they are and the cost. Enjoy! ;)

P.S. Found this link. If you click on the 'wine packages' link on here you can see the various options and prices.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drinks_package

Edited by kruzseeka

Hi

Yes they will store it for your next meal, its usually on your table ready for you before you sit down.

I guess you can take it away and finish it in your cabin, not seen anyone take an actual bottle out of the MDR with them but I dont see why not?

If you have quite a few port days would you not consider buying the odd bottle while out shopping, most ports usually have drinks on sale in a port shop so you are not lugging it far, then just buying as you need in the MDR to dine with.

At least then you always have a supply in your cabin for pre dinner drinks?

Hi

I guess you can take it away and finish it in your cabin, not seen anyone take an actual bottle out of the MDR with them but I dont see why not?

I have taken a bottle away from the MDR on a few occasions. My OH normally drinks white and I normally drink red - and we quite like a glass later on in the evening rather than beer. If there is only a fairly small amount left, I will take it with me and finish it off later rather than risk it deteriorating overnight. It's in P &O's interest as you will then buy another bottle the next day!:)

It looks like a wine package will be a good idea. How exactly does it work, from what I have read you get some sort of vouchers, will the wine steward bring a list of wines in your chosen collection for you to choose from each evening or do you prechoose (?) your wines when booking the package?

It looks like a wine package will be a good idea. How exactly does it work, from what I have read you get some sort of vouchers, will the wine steward bring a list of wines in your chosen collection for you to choose from each evening or do you prechoose (?) your wines when booking the package?

I think when we had a package last time, We just worked down the list. We had the white package and you could not actually chose which white from all on board...If they didn't have one of them in stock they would substitute another.

may or may not go for it this time, as by the end of nearly 4 weeks on the last one, I was finding it hard to drink so much.

I have taken a bottle away from the MDR on a few occasions. My OH normally drinks white and I normally drink red - and we quite like a glass later on in the evening rather than beer. If there is only a fairly small amount left, I will take it with me and finish it off later rather than risk it deteriorating overnight. It's in P &O's interest as you will then buy another bottle the next day!:)

I'm sure people do. By the time I'm leaving the MDR the evenings beverages are starting to take effect and my eyes aren't quite up to speed!

Hi

Yes they will store it for your next meal, its usually on your table ready for you before you sit down.

At least then you always have a supply in your cabin for pre dinner drinks?

I've carried a bottle of wine (half used) out of the MDR with me many times. I've either taken it back to the cabin for then next day's sailaway drink or used it in another bar. No one will mind - its your wine and your holiday. :)

We had the wine package on Azura in Feb the only downside to it is if you order a bottle of your chosen wine in say the Malabar the waiter has to go to your chosen dining option i.e. Peninsular and get you a bottle also if you wish to drink a bottle at lunchtime in say Sindhu not possible as your dining option is not open at lunchtime...To be fair we did not have a problem on evenings in the speciality venues wine sometimes took 5 mins to arrive but no more ...you can choose all white all red or a mixture and the vouchers will be delivered by your cabin steward..

We bought the 12 bottle package on our two week cruise on Azura in May, and were a bit hesitant as we hadn't done it before, but after the event we decided it was excellent. Worked like clock work and all the other posts say what we found to be the case. Our only complaint was OH didn't get involved in the choosing and so missed out on his favourite wines, which are rose.

Sent from my iPad using Forums