Your favorite Caribbean cruises...

Sat1

Been on Eastern & Western Caribbean as well as a Bahamas weekend cruise. So far I like the Eastern the best. I also really like Labadee. That's why I can't wait for the 8 Day Independence in March next near.

-Chris

Past

Jan 2006 Mariner of the Seas

Dec 2013 Freedom of the Seas

Apr 2014 Enchantment of the Seas

Future

Nov 2014 Oasis of the Seas

Mar 2015 Independence of the Seas

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Southern. Our last was very port intensive and I was wiped out - kids still give me a hard time for falling asleep during the show! I'm sure it had nothing to do with the carbs from the sour dough rolls and the wine package we had!

I would love to do a b2b with the port intensive route first and then the route that goes to Aruba with more sea days.

And I love starting my vacation with 80 degree San Juan weather!

Southern is port intensive, but you have a choice not to explore some ports. :)

Depending on which Southern route. There's a Southern route that calls on 4 ports--St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba & Curacao. We've done this route some 8 times mostly on the Adventure and the Serenade. As I mentioned in my previous post, we loved when St. Marteen was on the docket and not St. Kitts, as the beaches (volcanic mixture) are not as lovely as those in St. Marteen.

Which islands are southern and which are eastern?

A brilliant question! In my experience, "Eastern" means the northern most parts of what would be considered southern ports - those capable of being reached leaving from Florida. Eastern itineraries usually have the most sea days of the three (Eastern / Southern / Western) and often stop at what I consider to be less exciting ports along the way. A typical Eastern itinerary might include: Naussau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, or Labadee, St. Thomas, St. Maarten.

Eastern is my least favorite of the three because I prefer to see more than 3 ports in a week and don't feel there is sufficient variety. The ports I'd most want to see on those itineraries are also on the southern routes.

Edited by printingchick

Southern is our fave. Luv st lucia!!! I have never been to hawaii but I can not imagine that it is more beautiful than st lucia!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

My parents just returned from Hawaii cruise, and they said that there is definite resemblance, but Hawaii are more beautiful and exotic. Waterfalls, volcanos are grander.

St Lucia is also my favorite island in Caribbean Sea.

Depending on which Southern route. There's a Southern route that calls on 4 ports--St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba & Curacao. We've done this route some 8 times mostly on the Adventure and the Serenade. As I mentioned in my previous post, we loved when St. Marteen was on the docket and not St. Kitts, as the beaches (volcanic mixture) are not as lovely as those in St. Marteen.

St Kitts is weak. Brimstone fortress is nice, route that goes to Cockshell beach is picturesque, but what else? monkeys? :)

St Kitts is weak. Brimstone fortress is nice, route that goes to Cockshell beach is picturesque, but what else? monkeys? :)

I have to disagree. I've been to St. Kitts twice. The first time, I was less than enthused about this port prior to the visit, but was really wowed! If you do a good tour (Royston, Thenford), there is a LOT to see and you'll leave with a much greater appreciation of this port.

I visited in March and toured with Royston. We didn't care about a lot of beach time, so we visited more of the island. We did stop at a beach (totally empty...not another soul there) for lunch (included in the tour price).

I think it depends on what you're looking for. Another poster said they weren't crazy about the beaches in St. Kitts, and I will concur that there are nicer beaches at other southern ports. But I'm not a huge beach person. I prefer the more exotic sites - volcanoes, rain forests, waterfalls or the Batik factory - so I tend to favor the ports that are less developed where tours highlight the natural beauty and history of the island.

I'm fortunate to have been to all three of those itinerary choices…usually more than once. I'll start by saying I liked them all, for different reasons. It's also important to understand that not everyone likes/appreciates the same things. Saying that…

My favorite so far was probably the Southern Caribbean. Favorite ports here are definitely St Lucia and Curacao with St Kitts right in there…

How can one beat waking up to this??

IMG_1237.JPG

Is there a better photo op than this one on St Kitts??

IMG_1844.JPG

Atlantic to left, Caribbean to right

Curacao is beautiful, especially at night...

P4020230.JPG

I'm also a big fan of the Western Caribbean route….beaches, snorkeling, and history abound. Roatan and Belize aren't so commercialized, YET. I like that..

Lamanai ruins and the trip there and back were incredible...

PA200198.JPG

Not sure there is a prettier beach or better snorkeling close to shore than at West Bay Beach, Roatan…

IMG_1362.JPG

Want to just RELAX? What better than a day a Nachi Cocum, Cozumel..

DSC00263.JPG

Edited by chill6x6
added stuff

I have to disagree. I've been to St. Kitts twice. The first time, I was less than enthused about this port prior to the visit, but was really wowed! If you do a good tour (Royston, Thenford), there is a LOT to see and you'll leave with a much greater appreciation of this port.

I visited in March and toured with Royston. We didn't care about a lot of beach time, so we visited more of the island. We did stop at a beach (totally empty...not another soul there) for lunch (included in the tour price).

I think it depends on what you're looking for. Another poster said they weren't crazy about the beaches in St. Kitts, and I will concur that there are nicer beaches at other southern ports. But I'm not a huge beach person. I prefer the more exotic sites - volcanoes, rain forests, waterfalls or the Batik factory - so I tend to favor the ports that are less developed where tours highlight the natural beauty and history of the island.

We actually rented a car, and went everywhere.

I like wonders of nature, but have not find anything interesting in comparison to other S Caribbean islands.

Thank you for recommendation.

By the way, we rented small Toyota Yaris. The very same day Celebrity bus was stopped and robbed at gunpoint. We keep thinking about what would have happen to us...