Booking last minute for a Jan or Feb cruise

molole

My friends asked me for cruise advice and I would like to run it through by the nice experienced folks here on cc.

Their situation is they want a cruise next January or early Feburary.

They live in south Florida and can drive to several ports.

They are not very particular on cabin type.

They prefer RCCL or Celebrity but will consider any line.

They prefer eastern or southern Caribbean.

I want to advice them to wait for a good last minute deal because I think they are fairly flexible and a good deal is bound to come up. Is there any flaw in that suggestion? Don't want to give bad advice.

Thanks!

If they don't care what room they get, last minute bookings are usually available.

I tracked prices/availability on my Allure cruise earlier this year and it looked like upgrades didn't happen until about 3-4 days out as that is when a ton of suites disappeared.

To gauge last minute availability (in general) for a given ship check the Tuesday sale flyer each week. I realize that occupancy will vary from one week to the next, but you can get a general idea of how popular a route is that way. The Allure is popular, but since it has so many cabins there was availability across all categories even with 1 week to go.

Edited by JasonV1

My friends asked me for cruise advice and I would like to run it through by the nice experienced folks here on cc.

Their situation is they want a cruise next January or early Feburary.

They live in south Florida and can drive to several ports.

They are not very particular on cabin type.

They prefer RCCL or Celebrity but will consider any line.

They prefer eastern or southern Caribbean.

I want to advice them to wait for a good last minute deal because I think they are fairly flexible and a good deal is bound to come up. Is there any flaw in that suggestion? Don't want to give bad advice.

Thanks!

We were in Florida last February and picked up a last minute on the Majesty. We got a great deal - It was well under $500 total plus $50 obc for a 4 day cruise. We went on it and spent the OBC and that's all. You can't live at home for that cheap. As long as they're not picky I see no issues.