Questions on upgrading?

moosecrouse

Within my final payment dates and looking to pay for an upgrade. The PCC I spoke with told me I would lose the $100 OBC I had and wasn't able to give me a specific cabin number or deck. I assumed that because I was paying for the upgrade I would have some kind of say in the location if not a choice of cabins. Was the PCC correct with their info?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Within my final payment dates and looking to pay for an upgrade. The PCC I spoke with told me I would lose the $100 OBC I had and wasn't able to give me a specific cabin number or deck. I assumed that because I was paying for the upgrade I would have some kind of say in the location if not a choice of cabins. Was the PCC correct with their info?

This question gets asked quite a bit. It's been my experience that if you're willing to pay for an upgrade, unless the ship is almost full, you can pick your cabin. If the ship is close to full this may not be the case. My PCC is very good and very open to doing pretty much whatever I request, if he can. If he can't he explains why he can't.

We started out with an OX last year, the prices dropped and we were upgraded to a BX, then the prices dropped and we paid for an upsell to a suite. So, in our case we didn't lose the OBC, but ordinarily, yes, you would.

I guess the question is, is it worth losing your OBC, and having to pay more? If it is, call back and have a cabin number in mind to ask for.

Hope this helps, good luck.

I just upgraded (upsell) my Nov 16 cabin on Monday. My original IX came with $25. OBC. Before I even had a chance to ask about keeping it, my PCC said I would get $50. OBC with the balcony booking. This may have been because of the Latitudes Insider special. IDK. I didn't request a specific cabin as there were only 5 spa cabins available and any of the five was fine. I don't know if this helps. Just relaying what happened in my case.

Edited by Rhea98

You would lose your OBC if it was no longer being offered in a promotion. Anytime you make a change, then you change to the current promotion. The only way I can think of that you wouldn't get an assigned room is if you were booking a guaranty instead of confirmed room. Just a thought.

Last night I was going to pay to upgrade from a ocean view to a balcony cabin. When we first booked we got the 3rd person free. I was told that we would loose the 3rd person free if we upgraded as it was no longer offered. I was ok with that but then was told that I would have to pay full fare for the upgrade and was not allowed to get the new offer because we are past final payment. I decided not to upgrade. I am not sure if this is normal to take everything away .There are still 30 balconies left and we are 45 days out.

Last night I was going to pay to upgrade from a ocean view to a balcony cabin. When we first booked we got the 3rd person free. I was told that we would loose the 3rd person free if we upgraded as it was no longer offered. I was ok with that but then was told that I would have to pay full fare for the upgrade and was not allowed to get the new offer because we are past final payment. I decided not to upgrade. I am not sure if this is normal to take everything away .There are still 30 balconies left and we are 45 days out.

Yes, this is normal. After final payment NCL basically doesn't owe you anything but usually they'll do what they can for you. However, if you got a KSF offer and rec'd OBC, it's unlikely that any other offer would exceed the deal.

IMO, it's a good choice to stay where you are rather than lose everything.

Yes, this is normal. After final payment NCL basically doesn't owe you anything but usually they'll do what they can for you. However, if you got a KSF offer and rec'd OBC, it's unlikely that any other offer would exceed the deal.

IMO, it's a good choice to stay where you are rather than lose everything.

We did not receive an OBC. I was willing to give up the $109 for the third guest. The new deal is less than what we are going to give up. They would have made more money off the upgrade.

We did not receive an OBC. I was willing to give up the $109 for the third guest. The new deal is less than what we are going to give up. They would have made more money off the upgrade.

Sorry, I misread your post. :o However, the other information is correct, once past final payment.. NCL doesn't owe you anything and new offers are usually reserved for new bookings.

If we wanted to get in on the new deal, we'd have to pay the additional money for our cabin as well, so the off-set of 10% discount wouldn't even cover the difference and we'd also lose our OBC.

We're past final payment too and our cabin price has gone up by $200/pp.

...wasn't able to give me a specific cabin number or deck. ..

Unless the upgrade is to a GTY, they will give you a specific cabin. What YOU should do is log on and pick the cabin in advance, and then ask for that cabin.

Sorry as this may be a silly question but how do you know how many cabins are available still? Looking at paying for an upgrade since we will be celebrating an anniversary but this would be good info. Thank you

Better explanation from the PCC today. I ended up with a free upgrade to a bx. I was able to keep my $100 OBC. If I paid for a guarantee cabin I would have paid out of pocket for upgrade but also would lose my OBC. That was going to cost on both ends. Rolled the dice. Hoping it works out.