Manchester flights

laurakdy

We have booked to go on Azura December 25th 2015, leaving from Manchester. We've only ever left from Glasgow before and flights normally leave around 11am.

Any idea of Manchester flight times, as I know when we fly back all the English flights seem to leave before us, so I'm guessing they arrive before us as well.

I know it's early days but the earlier the flight the better, I reckon. :D :D

The departure time is dictated by the return flights time into the UK, as they try to return between 6.00 - 8.00, so they are ready around 2hrs later for the new out bound flights.

Yeah, thats what I said most flights depart after 9. Most will try land after 6am (due to airport restrictions) So lets say on the gate at 06:30, disembarkation complete by 7am. to de cater, clean and re cater is about 90 mins, the crew then get on 20 mins before the passengers for checks, then boarding is allocated around 40 mins.

For those who have departed earlier than this its usually in the winter months when the aircraft arent always fully utilised and the plane was probably on the ground overnight.

Edited by richleeds
typo

Have done several P&O flights to Barbados. There are usually several flights, the earliest at around 8 am, the latest at around 11 am. Flights are with either Thomas Cook or Thomson. Thomas Cook usually depart from Terminal 1, Thomson from Terminal 2. Make sure that you check your ticket and go the correct one.

For those who have departed earlier than this its usually in the winter months when the aircraft arent always fully utilised and the plane was probably on the ground overnight.

Ahh what a coincidence, the Barbados flights are end of November up to March ;)

Cb

Our Thomson flight from Manchester in Feb is 11 am, anyone know if it is the Dreamliner, not sure if they are flying yet from Manchester.

There is a thread on this forum about this topic. General concensus is that a Dreamliner will ge used.

• 5 weeks later...

We go next week and just had confirmation from P&O that the seat configuration is changing from 2-4-2 to 3-3-3 because Thomas Cook refurbishment plan as overran.

When we booked our seats it was 2-4-2 but we have now been moved because of this. So I guess you will have to wait and see what configuration you will get.

HI old-tilly-billy, Its a fortnight before we go, had you pre booked your seats and if so did you get a refund of any sort?

Don't know if the refurbished planes stick to the same airport every week or not but out of interest I fly out of Manchester, where do you fly from?

Thanks,

Rick.

We fly out from Manchester and had booked extra leg room seats, we were allocated different extra leg room seats when they changed the configuration. Not such a big problem but we originally had just two seats together now we are on a block of three. Not suprisingly we didn't get offered any refund or compensation.

Thanks for the reply, we've booked 2 seats but just a few row from the back and I think that in the old configuration there are 2 seats in the first few rows from the back but not has many rows, so don't know where we will end up.

As long as I get my window seat the excitement of going on holiday should keep me going.

Anyway have a great holiday Billy, I certainly intend to.

Rick.