On-Line "balance due" info for your trip???

Baybear

When I've booked cruises on other lines, I can always go to their website and find an "invoice" of sorts... showing total cost and balance due, etc...

But on Oceana I can't find any link to this type of information, nor can I find it in any of their "FAQs."

Is it impossible to look up your financial info/status for a cruise you've booked on Oceana?

If you can... give me a hint of where to go to see that information...

TIA

Edited by Baybear

Oceania still does it the old fashioned way......via invoice.

Civilians, i.e. non travel Agents, can't view them Online, but they will send you a copy if you call O direct.

Alternatively, your Agent can arrange to send you a copy, if you used one.

Oceania still does it the old fashioned way......via invoice.

Civilians, i.e. non travel Agents, can't view them Online, but they will send you a copy if you call O direct.

Alternatively, your Agent can arrange to send you a copy, if you used one.

That's what I thought... I prefer the new-fangled internet sites for information like that. Guess Oceana caters to an older crowd than me, at 70.

That's what I thought... I prefer the new-fangled internet sites for information like that. Guess Oceana caters to an older crowd than me, at 70.

What do you do with your invoices from OCEANIA showing any payments?

My TA will send a new invoice when I book excursions or cooking classes etc.. so I have a paper copy should I choose to print them out to have the OLD style paper trail

I file the email attachments in my computer for future reference (new fangled way ) ;)

Lyn

I also get a totally new invoice from my TA when she finds me a price reduction :D I usually cross out the other invoice so I don't switch the two.

When booking guides or cars and drivers I do so on email and just keep sending the same messages back and forth with each step. The last one summarizes exactly what the deal is: time, date, guide name, car to be furnished, pick up and drop off details, itinerary as stated, and price and payment details. Then no arguments and hopefully no surprises and you are organized.

And it's comforting to see everything listed in one place. I still get confused by the statement that its not reserved until its paid an then it's reserved (or something like that)! Jimmy

Yes, that's my problem... I have no statements from my TA, neither snail nor electronic and I never got an original statement either from Oceana when I booked with them directly over the phone (I later "switched" the reservation to my TA). I can "guess" about what it is, but have no documentation and since I am an Engineer, I like the "facts."

I do appreciate a sense of humor like Jim has, and I can approximate the deal, but would like to have some sort of record, which right now I don't have. And with the other lines I could just go into their website and read off what the costs of the trip, tips (if charged in advance), excursions, advance bookings for restaurants, etc. were in addition to seeing the exact amount I owed before final payment. That's what I was "complaining about" here. I don't know why Oceana can't have that info after "log-in" for their customers.

I suppose it's time to call my TA and get them to send me an invoice.

Just curious

are you using one of the discount TA's?

I have read some are not as attentive as others

Maybe you need to have a discussion with your TA or find a new one

Lyn

Yes, I'm using one of the 2-3 major discount agencies. Not one I've ever seen in person. I'll E-mail her and get her to send me an invoice for this trip.

It's not really a "big deal" for me one way or the other... my original post was just to see if Oceana had this information available for guests. I figured I just didn't know how to access the information on Oceana's site. I still don't see why they can't make this available on their website.

. I still don't see why they can't make this available on their website.

I guess for the same reason they do not have your onboard account on the TV

They just do not want to I guess