can anyone recommend a hotel near Port Everglade

Jaybee9

Hi fellow cruisers, I will be going on my first cruise from Fort Lauderdale in March and I need to find a reasonable hotel which offers transport from the airport AND transport to Port Everglade (I will be arriving from the UK). Any recommendations would be welcome. Many thanks. :)

Since you're coming from the UK, be aware that March is when a lot of schools and colleges in the US have spring break. You may or may not be able to find a hotel, especially in Ft. Lauderdale, which is a favorite with the college crowd.

Roz

Our preferred hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on SE 17th street. It offers a free breakfast, free internet in the lobby, free evening happy hour. It is within easy walking distance of shops, restaurants, pharmacies, supermarket.

Please don't limit yourself to hotels that provide airport and port shuttles. It is easy as pie to catch a taxi at the airport, and the cost is under $15 total including tip to most of the area hotels. The same is true for taxis to the port, although most of the hotels offer a shuttle for a fee (at Embassy, it is $7pp)

Edited by DonnaK

Hi fellow cruisers, I will be going on my first cruise from Fort Lauderdale in March and I need to find a reasonable hotel which offers transport from the airport AND transport to Port Everglade (I will be arriving from the UK). Any recommendations would be welcome. Many thanks. :)

We stayed at the Gallery One http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/galleryone-a-doubletree-suites-by-hilton-hotel-FLLTSDT/index.html

It is a little farther from the port than the hotels on SE 17th but the immediate area does have a lot to offer. The Gallery One Mall is across the street. There are a number of restaurants in the immediate area along with a food store with substantial wine selection. They can organize transportation to the port for you.

As ROZ has already pointed out, Fort Lauderdale is a favorite destination for college students on Spring holiday and March is the peak period. Expect to find hotel/resort prices to be higher than normal. Expect hotels/resorts to fill quickly.

Enjoy!

Embassy Suites, Rennaissance, Hilton Marina, Hyatt Pier 66....... all are very convenient to both airport and Port Everglades. A fast taxi ride. Each has a plus and each has a minus. Pick the one that works best for you or pick by the best price. :)

Cambia Suites Nice friendly hotel and they provide transportation

Where is this hotel? How far from Port Everglades. I couldn't find much about it. They provide pick up at airport and Port Everglades?

Thanks.