On Infinity right now

robandlil

We're on the Celebrity Infinity right now. Just pulling into Vigo where I will post this. We're in Aqua class, eating in Blu. Those of you concerned about the quality of the ship, shouldn't be. The ship is fine, with constant maintenance. The staff are consistently helpfull and friendly. The food is excellent with only a few exceptions. We were offered half price dining in SS United States, the first night as well as mid cruise.

We've had free shuttles in Bilbao, and La Rochelle.

The wifi on board is terrible. So we stop for coffee in each port and use the free wifi of a cafe.

The weather has been cool and overcast with occasional light rain. The Bay of Biscaye was so rocky last night that the closet doors and drawers were opening and slamming shut all night. It was impossible to sleep. We should have brought duct tape. We're worried that our two sea days heading back to Harwich will also be rough seas.

Pro's

The food in Blu

Really nice staff

Comfortable bed (we had an egg crate put on)

Great and interesting ports

Con's

Had to fight for the 300 obc. Guest services said my TA hadn't booked 123 for us, although the free gratuities came thru.

Some rough seas

I'd be glad to answer any questions.

It's a mattress topper that resembles an egg crate.

Some prefer to have these on their beds to make them softer.

Have a great cruise!!!

P.S. Hope the seas are smoother.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Please forgive the silly question but what does an egg crate have to do with your bed??

OD

Mattress pad - some people like these as they make the mattress a little thicker and cushier. They have a limited number available on board.

DP0326201317023048M.tif?wid=180&hei=180&op_usm=.4,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp2

Edited by Lsimon

I'm on her in less than three weeks. Thanks for the good review, so looking forward to Blu and just having 8 days of being pampered.

We are also booked on the 10/27 cruise and would like to hear robandlil's comments about the Aqua cabin, Captain, Cruise Director, entertainment! Anything you have time to post. Thanks

We'll also be boarding in just 4 days; nice to hear that you're liking the ship. This will be our first time on an M class ship. We also have to go through the Bay of Biscaye - sure hope we get calmer seas but I do have duct tape packed just in case. Keep sharing any more observations! :D

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Yes the ship band is D'Revelation

We're enjoying the aqua class cabin because of Blu. And the extra large balcony. Otherwise it might not be worth it. Our steward Egypto is wonderful, he got us the egg crate, a lounge chair for the balcony and he puts two waters in the room every morning. We did not get the flowers noted on the website, so I bought myself a flowering plant in Paris for the room

We've been able to use the shower gel to do small pieces of laundry in the room. We sent out our jeans for $6 a pair.

The cruise director is Alejandro from Argentina. He is very visible and seems like a fun guy. He reminds us of topo gegio from the old Ed Sullivan show.

We've seen 2 big production numbers with entertainment staff singing and dancing. We've had a juggler,good and a magician, bad. We listened to an England's got talent singer who was great and tonight we have a Hollands got talent singer.

The captain is a Greek man. We've been introduced but I don't remember his name. Each day he goes on the loudspeaker to tell us about the weather. There have been two cocktail parties with free drinks. One from the captain and one because we are repeat celebrity cruisers. There have been a few galley/ship tours offered for a fee. Last night they auctioned off a cooking lesson with the chef, a cocktail party on the bridge form20 and a tour of the engine room. Each went for about $200, with proceeds going to breast cancer.

Yes the ship band is D'Revelation

The cruise director is Alejandro from Argentina. He is very visible and seems like a fun guy. He reminds us of topo gegio from the old Ed Sullivan show.

Thank you for the reply Robandlil. We enjoyed D'Revelation when we sailed the Reflection. We thought their lead singer, Sindy, was very talented and versitile.

Hello,

What type of music does D'Revelation play? I would also be interested in what other entertainment is on board.

Have a great time!

I'd also be interested to know..........provided they will still be the House Band in 3 weeks. My wife and I are dancers (ballroom & latin) so we're always keen to know about the bands onboard.

I'd also be interested to know..........provided they will still be the House Band in 3 weeks. My wife and I are dancers (ballroom & latin) so we're always keen to know about the bands onboard.

My wife and I saw them while on the Reflection last year. At that time, the band played just about everything, which is one of the reasons we enjoyed them. And they were not reluctant to take song requests.

Brian