Lima, peru airport

DrJW

Anyone know the guidelines at Lima Airport for passengerrs who are making connections from Santiago, Chile en at Lima en route to US. I was told that even though there is no change of aircraft on LAN airlines, that they Airport still require that ALL passengers must vacate the plane...take all their personal on board personal effects and...GO THROUGH AIRPORT SECURITY again :( !!

And then are allowed to re board and go back to their same seats!!

Anyone know if this indeed is accurate? Seems like such a pain!

Thanks

j

We had to do that when we flew from Santiago to NYC with a stop in Lima in February 2002. And it was a VERY LONG SCHLEP through the airport, carrying our hand luggage with us. I had hoped that this would no longer be the case, but given your question ... my hopes are dashed!

Mura

We had to do that when we flew from Santiago to NYC with a stop in Lima in February 2002. And it was a VERY LONG SCHLEP through the airport, carrying our hand luggage with us. I had hoped that this would no longer be the case, but given your question ... my hopes are dashed!

Mura

Well, that is exactly what happens every time when we fly from Europe to the USA and change planes for a domestic flight, only add finger printing, iris scan and full body scan, removal of shoes and several other pieces of clothing. This procedure takes more than 90 minutes, most of the time. Chairs are not provided. Same procedure when we flew from Paris to Papeete and we had to leave the plane in San Francisco; three hours later we boarded the same plane again but we had hardly had an opportunity to have a drink and something to eat.

I suppose we can thank 9/11 for many of these burdens imposed upon travelers since that sad day. We also (coming from our side of the pond) run into these problems. Not necessarily iris scans, however! I know our Danish friends have to be fingerprinted whenever they come to visit us in NYC and we haven't had to go through that process when traveling to Europe or South America.

These things are why we keep on asking ourselves if we want to keep on traveling, because getting to the destination is such a trial. It seems that these days the U.S. is more detailed than other countries in terms of immigration are but I could be wrong ...

Mura

You will be photographed, give a thumb print and scowled at on arrival at Buenos Aires - for certain if you are a Norte Americano. To say nothing of the outrageous access fee that Argentina requires before your arrival.

JMBobB

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app