Live from Norwegian Getaway Oct 10-18

megr1125

Hello all and welcome to the last day on the ship. It’s a sad day as I know the cruise is almost over, but I was able to do a few things that I didn’t get a chance to before today. The waterslide will have to wait though, too many people, too hot out and well, I found other things to see. There was a Q & A with some of the production show cast, trivia, a crew talent show that was excellent, and believe it or not, more taking and editing of images! I probably took over 1500 photos on this cruise, though a number of them will end up on the cutting room floor!

Last night’s dinner in the Tropicana Room was good and the show, by the Burn the Floor dancers, showcased the swing style of dancing. Excellent as usual. I will say that while the food and service were good, I felt a little rushed and there isn’t really the interaction I am used to by having more traditional dining on other lines. Also, the service in the specialty places is better, I guess more attentive is the phrased I am looking for. Again, it was not bad service nor bad food, just not up to the standard of the other dining outlets.

I am not sure if we ever had fireworks, they were postponed the first scheduled night, and were going to be held last evening, but sadly, I fell asleep. Plus we had a lot of storms once we left Cozumel.

Almost all the packing is complete. One of these days, I will sail in a suite with a butler to pack for me so that I can enjoy the last day on the ship. I like that NCL also has freestyle debarkation, or dis-guesting as I like to call it! I selected tags that are scheduled to be tossed off at 9:15. Hopefully MJS shuttle will be ready to whisk us to the post cruise hotel.

One nice touch was that the ship sent a little “cake” with a balloon and cupcake on top for my Aunt’s b-day! I will have to sail on my actual birthday one of these days! It’s cute, there are rolled up towels decorated with confetti so that too looks like a cake. I will post pix when I get to FLL.

We will use our UDP one more time at Cagney’s tonight! Yum! Looking forward to some more delicious filet! And the crème brulee was pretty darned good as well!

Hopefully you’ve enjoying sailing along with me on Norwegian Getaway! I will have more to say upon returning to Florida, and of course plenty of more images. Thanks again for stopping by and I will see you soon!

Sorry I didn't post earlier...the internet was really slow!

Just a few minutes left...will post lots more tomorrow..

Capt/ Rune Myer (I think that's his last name...sort of being dopey today..)

Arrived at our hotel, Hyatt Pier 66. Used MJS Shuttle, they were calling me as I was calling them....they were great. They don't do runs to 'beach' area hotels until after 1 PM so we intended to get off at the airport and hop a cab. But rather than deal with hauling our stuff into the terminal and then DOWN to arrivals, we got out at the Crowne Plaza, they called us a taxi and we got to the hotel for under 10 bucks....less than it would have been from the airport.....

Took FOREVER to get to baggage claim....we must have waited 20 minutes in the terminal just off the gangway.

NOT an NCL issue, just slow-as-molasses in Miami today.

Arrived at hotel and it was PACKED.....dozens upon dozens of cruisers awaiting transfers to ships.. Um, people. Shuttles, whether "free' or not are never free....when you're THIS close to the pier in Port Everglades, TAKE A CAB.....oh the humanity.

(I took a shuttle to and from airports...not so bad and cheaper. But for under 15 bucks? why bother with the masses....)

The first room we were assigned (after waiting maybe 90 minutes, and hitting Publix) was... DIRTY. This was AFTER 2 calls saying it was ready. Oh, and I reserved 2 double beds....they gave me a dirty KING.

The staff is pleasant and the hotel is convenient, but it needs a major dose of TLC and they need to learn how to CLEAN...as in dust lightbulbs, and behind tables, etc. Plus, the outlet situation is terrible. Borrowed an extension cord as there is no grounded plus available near the bed.

I will post some more pix later on......

Thanks for the nice words, and glad all you crazy pals of mine found me over here on CC! :D

Edited by megr1125

Sitting at the airport awaiting my flight back North. Only 1 ship in Port Everglades today so getting through check in and security took MAYBE 10 minutes..

Here are a few random pix from Saturday's arrival, and a couple of the Hyatt Pier 66 (not bad, but really, they need a renovation. I was not really impressed)

MSC Divina:

0261024x553_zpsc028e085.jpg

Double room at Hyatt Pier 66

0631024x663_zps2970eaf2.jpg

Work area at Hyatt

0641024x685_zpsaac531d3.jpg

Caribbean Princess from balcony at Hyatt

0651024x684_zpsbd01c8ba.jpg

Pool

0871024x685_zps49bdf2f6.jpg

Hello all and welcome to the last day on the ship. It’s a sad day as I know the cruise is almost over, but I was able to do a few things that I didn’t get a chance to before today. The waterslide will have to wait though, too many people, too hot out and well, I found other things to see. There was a Q & A with some of the production show cast, trivia, a crew talent show that was excellent, and believe it or not, more taking and editing of images! I probably took over 1500 photos on this cruise, though a number of them will end up on the cutting room floor!

Last night’s dinner in the Tropicana Room was good and the show, by the Burn the Floor dancers, showcased the swing style of dancing. Excellent as usual. I will say that while the food and service were good, I felt a little rushed and there isn’t really the interaction I am used to by having more traditional dining on other lines. Also, the service in the specialty places is better, I guess more attentive is the phrased I am looking for. Again, it was not bad service nor bad food, just not up to the standard of the other dining outlets.

I am not sure if we ever had fireworks, they were postponed the first scheduled night, and were going to be held last evening, but sadly, I fell asleep. Plus we had a lot of storms once we left Cozumel.

Almost all the packing is complete. One of these days, I will sail in a suite with a butler to pack for me so that I can enjoy the last day on the ship. I like that NCL also has freestyle debarkation, or dis-guesting as I like to call it! I selected tags that are scheduled to be tossed off at 9:15. Hopefully MJS shuttle will be ready to whisk us to the post cruise hotel.

One nice touch was that the ship sent a little “cake” with a balloon and cupcake on top for my Aunt’s b-day! I will have to sail on my actual birthday one of these days! It’s cute, there are rolled up towels decorated with confetti so that too looks like a cake. I will post pix when I get to FLL.

We will use our UDP one more time at Cagney’s tonight! Yum! Looking forward to some more delicious filet! And the crème brulee was pretty darned good as well!

Hopefully you’ve enjoying sailing along with me on Norwegian Getaway! I will have more to say upon returning to Florida, and of course plenty of more images. Thanks again for stopping by and I will see you soon!

Sorry I didn't post earlier...the internet was really slow!

Just a few minutes left...will post lots more tomorrow..

The fireworks went off the night of Cozumel around 10 or so. We watched from outside Sugarcanes . They play 80's music to go along with them.

It was a great cruise despite the changes!!

Kerry [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all! Had to get back into the swing of things at work...UGH. should have stayed on the ship!

Will probably wrap this up with a bit of compare and contrast tomorrow...and will scan the dailies too sometime this week!

Getaway was really super and I had a blast...just wish I'd gotten to Howl at the Moon sooner...THAT got me into cruise mode...at 9 PM the final night!