naming cermony

timetravler

Timetraveler, we do have the same agent. You don't seem to remember us from the So Pacific cruise. Jim and Nancy.

Of course I remember you. I miss you guys. Anyways I was trying to be funny. Goofy me. We can not nor should we mention any travel agents names but I am super happy she was invited.

The ceremony is November 4th through November 6th. I do not know the exact date of the actual ceremony though but my best guess is November 5th.

This Princess press release says it's November 5th:

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2014/08/Regal-Princess-Naming-Ceremony-Will-Launch-Princess-Cruises-50th-Anniversary-Celebrations.html#.VDrAgGK9KSM

I arrive on the Royal on 11/4 & some on our roll call are staying 2 days in a hotel before sailing on the Caribbean Princess. They asked about attending any of the Regal's ceremonies but were told it was not for the general public and only travel agents & VIPs which none of them fall into either category. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Of course I remember you. I miss you guys. Anyways I was trying to be funny. Goofy me. We can not nor should we mention any travel agents names but I am super happy she was invited.

Me too. Sorry the rest of the family can't make it.

When the Royal was launched last year we were lucky enough to be invited.

The way the system worked was, in January we received an invitation inviting us to one of the 3 viewing days, which were for TA and CC members we had to pick a date and return the invitation to go into the lottery.

In May we were actually invited to the naming ceremony. It was amazing everything was open and the meal and wine was out of this world.

If they are using the same or similar system, the invitations will already be in the hot hands of the lucky people.

If anyone reading this, is lucky enough to have an invite, have a fabulous day :)

Edited by cantwaitfornextcruise

This Princess press release says it's November 5th:

attending any of the Regal's ceremonies but were told it was not for the general public and only travel agents & VIPs which none of them fall into either category. ;)

Would like to think we could fall into the catagory, (having spent 30 years with them) but alas............ no word from them yet. Way back at the beginning of January I sent an email to customer relations requesting the possibility of us being invited. I really didn't expect an answer and none was forthcoming.

Would like to think we could fall into the catagory, (having spent 30 years with them) but alas............ no word from them yet. Way back at the beginning of January I sent an email to customer relations requesting the possibility of us being invited. I really didn't expect an answer and none was forthcoming.

I'd agree with you being a VIP & to be invited...but Princess doesn't care what I think! :p

This very, very unimportant person received an invitation for an early morning ship's tour of Caribbean Princess when she was in Port Everglades for her christening ten years ago. I guess now that we will all willingly pay $39 for the BVE such free invites are long gone...

We most likely have the same travel agent and I must say she is the best travel agent I have EVER had. So very happy for her.

:D

I think I know who you are talking about. Isn't that the nice lady from the Royal TA who was harassed by some on the roll call. She always travels with her son and his little guide dog. I thought she was a very nice lady and my wife really liked her and wanted to transfer a couple cruise bookings to her but we have had our TA for 20 years and I hated to toss him out. She had some great tours but we always waited too long to join her.

I haven't seen her post for ages. Hope everything is ok with her. Glad she will get a chance to join the ceremony.