Only 3 excursions in Vancouver??

nana51

We are booked for our cruise ending in Vancouver. I went and looked at excursions. They only show 3 and they are pretty much only 2 hours with transfers to the airport. I'm assuming they have more but why aren't they showing them?

When we were in Vancouver in May, there were only five offerings. Two were transfers to the Seattle and Vancouver airports, two were sightseeing with pre-paid airport transfers to the Vancouver airport and the last one was the "Big Pink Hop On Hop Off bus with luggage service" excursion.

In 2013 when we took the 4-day cruise from San Diego and continued with the first Alaska cruise of the season on the Zuiderdam, there was only one more offering, and that was a Northwest Exploration and suspension bridge excursion with a transfer for $118.

Edited by kjw869

We are booked for our cruise ending in Vancouver. I went and looked at excursions. They only show 3 and they are pretty much only 2 hours with transfers to the airport. I'm assuming they have more but why aren't they showing them?

usually only show 2 or 3.

don't take cruiseline tours. Vancouver is a wonderful city and must be enjoyed with a private tour.

There are many reasons why a cruiseline tour might be right for someone, in a particular instance. Touring Vancouver is not exempt from this.

It is unfair to those deciding what to do to make a blanket statement such as yours.

We have done all the basic tours on our own in V'ver on previous visits so looked for something different when we disembarked there in September this year. We found a walking tour of Vancouver's food trucks. It was inexpensive, took about two hours and was a great way to do lunch and get some exercise. We visited about 5 trucks with a wide variety of menus. Each truck provided us with a generous sample of their wares. We were stuffed!

Can't remember the exact name of the company but if you google Vancouver food truck walking tours you should be able to find it. When I get home from work tonite I'll try to get the exact name for you...

The hop on hop off is a great way to get an overview of Vancouver. Your hotel can tell you the closest stop, probably even arrange tickets. Also, the Vancouver visitors bureau has a nice area in the Pan Pacific (ground level if I remember correctly) where you can organize many tours.

Check out Land Sea tours at http://vancouvertours.com/. We are going to be there post cruise tour next Aug. When we get off the ship we are planning on doing the Vancouver city tour or Sea to Sky tour. We may end up doing both, we are there for 2 days. Reviews are very good on trip advisor. I talked with them today, they seem to be very good and accommodating. Good luck! Hope this helps.

Check out Land Sea tours at http://vancouvertours.com/. We are going to be there post cruise tour next Aug. When we get off the ship we are planning on doing the Vancouver city tour or Sea to Sky tour. We may end up doing both, we are there for 2 days. Reviews are very good on trip advisor. I talked with them today, they seem to be very good and accommodating. Good luck! Hope this helps.

Thank you. I'll check it out..