Prices for 7 day Mediterranean cruises

apuleius

Poppy - you were jolly unlucky to get all these horrors on one cruise. And to be fair it does happen on the other lines too! We have had one or two horrors, but generally none, and when we did it was probably just one thing on each trip - a 40ish foursome who got obnoxiously drunk and were put on a red warning; a small child who screamed occasionally on another cruise, etc. etc. We must have been very lucky to have never had a problem with the minimal room service we request, or very slow service at meals.

But don't think this is just on Seabourn - I feel sure you could have somewhat similar experiences on other lines.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry but Rangers & Celtic fans do not sit at bars together. Doesn't happen. And the Celtic supporter's 'brew' would not stretch to Seabourn.

One thing I don't do Roxburgh is tell LIES so please do not accuse me of that.

To clarify, we had a large group of Dutch onboard and quite a few of them were in their late teens/early 20's and would meet up at the Sky bar around 4ish every day. Two wore Celtic football shirt/tops and one wore a Rangers shirt/top. FACT....

• 3 months later...

We've got an early August booking on the Odyssey, and just outside the 90-day window the price of Our OB guarantee dropped by € 400.-/pp, and Seabourn reduced Our booking equivalently, no hazzle. Final payment isnt due for another five weeks.

Now the price has dropped a further €400/pp.

We've booked directly through SB website, Our 3rd cruise With SB and Silver members.

Does anyone have any experience with getting further reductions in such a situation?

Should I wait out for an even further drop in price before contacting them, particularly if the drop is so big that it'll even be profitable forfeiting my current booking as to make a completely new one?

I'm all for public shaming for people like that. then again if they behave like that in public they have no shame, I hope they are on Cruise Critic and see themselves.

It happens in Business Class and First Class on airlines, too. Sad.

Sorry to go OT.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Continental Europe this weekend and found a price for a 7-day cruise this fall for €1,999.-

Was well into making the booking, but alas when logging in to my Seabourn account to finalize the booking I was told to restart the booking procedure and quoted a price of €2,799.-?

Tried multiple times, and happened on every occasion...

Any good explanation?